Sam's Club Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

1.7

Cashier/Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

The process was actually easy. They asked three questions. Make sure you prepare yourself for them. I was interviewed in North Dallas. I was a little nervous, but they mainly ask three questions about dealing with an unhappy customer.

Interview Questions

• Occupational questions. Dealing with customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure you talk a little bit about your past employment when answering the questions.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Easy. First interview lasted 10 minutes. When I came in for 2nd, they already hired me. Whole process took less than 20 minutes. Don't bad mouth your last job, even if you hated it. They like people who excel in customer service.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sam's Club?   1 Answer
    • Can you offer an upgraded membership to every customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Very easy, I applied online, and got a call a few days later, I was called to come in the next day for an interview I got interviewed by a manager, and then I was passed on to another manager for another "interview" which was really not an interview he just talked the whole time. After the interview I had to fill out some paperwork and they submitted a background check and sent me off to go take my drug test then about 2 weeks later they called for me to come and do my training

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Denton, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Come in and get asked a couple basic interview questions by a COS. If goes well then passed on to the position manager for a few more scheduling questions. After that asked to take a drug test within a couple days. Easy going interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you experienced adversity in the work place or in your personal life. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Photo Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Mansfield, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Easy. 3 interviews. Basic questions. Almost all situational what would you do if...... Just be confident and be able to take instructions. First interview is with supervisors, and then the last 2 are with management. Just say what they want to hear. They more hire who they like than who is qualified

Bakery Wrapper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

3step interview. call from department manager, interview withbdepartmentvmanager then team lead of department on same day. theyll call back same day to interview with store manager. if you get it you go take your drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online. About a month later I was called in for an interview. That same day I had 2 interviews back to back which took about 7 minutes each composing of "Tell me a time when..." questions. After finishing the second interview, I was informed I would be called the next day for an interview with the Club Manager as he was not present at the time. The following day I was called in for a same day interview. At this interview, I was mostly informed of what the position required such as membership renewals and upgrades, safety, dependability, etc. I was then given my background and drug test paperwork to sign and told my starting pay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to identify a customer's/coworker's/team member's using procedural policies, how you used those policies to solve the problem, and the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you and a customer/coworker/team member disagreed and how you came to an agreement.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered $9.40 with no employment experience. It was well over what I asked so no negations took place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Had an appointment but manager was late. Was received by manager and taken into their office where i completed an application form and then had an oral interview about who i am and my hours that i could work.

Advantage Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Plano, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I was a long time before the interview was conducted because no one was available to take the time to do the interview, they need to be available for people trying to start work

Interview Questions

• the most unexpected question was have I ever stole anything   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

It was an panel interview with three different supervisors. The first interview was with the front end supervisor and she asked your basic interview questions. The second interview was with the front end manager and he just really told me about the company and what to expect. The third interview was with the club manager and she just told me about her personal life and wanted to know about mine as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to take on a difficult assignment, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question