Sam's Club Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sam's Club Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club in January 2017.

Interview

They asked too many personal questions and they were very unfriendly. They also seemed in a big hurry to get the other applicants in and just didn't take their time. I felt they don't care much on who they hire. They are not consistent on the questions asked.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2013.

Interview

the interview process was very difficult, they dont ask alot of question about where you have worked in the past, they ask questions like ;name a time and place you went beyond the call of duty and how did you help someone else?

Greeter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homewood, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Homewood, AL) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied to Sam's Club, about 1-2 months ago. I got a phone call Friday about doing an interview. While on the phone, the lady asked my availability (even though she was looking at my application while on the phone with me). I told her I was currently working, but was looking for something FULL TIME. She then goes on to say "well we can't even go forward because you don't have open availability". So she then schedules me ANYWAY. Fast forward to the day of the interview, I get there 10 mins early and I still had to wait an extra 15 mins before the interviewer was ready. She didn't even acknowledge me, she had an employee (who was sweeping the floor) tap me on the arm and point at her. She then proceeds to walk at a fast pace, and I damn near had to jog to catch up to her. I introduce myself and she didn't even say anything. We take the stairs up and then she taps me on the shoulder and says "we don't wear our arms out, that's inappropriate". I am looking at her crazy, because my shirt was a professional shirt, it was a sleeveless blouse. So we sit down and yet again, my availability is brought up again EVEN THOUGH I discussed this with the previous lady. So then she says with an attitude "well we don't need someone with a set schedule, and I'm not going to even interview you because it would be wasting my time and yours". I felt disrespected and it honestly was a waste of my time because I actually came prepared for an interview. This is the LAKESHORE SAM'S CLUB (HOMEWOOD, AL). Terrible interviewer!! You can't treat someone who doesn't even work for you like that. I will never shop at that location again. Thanks for reading!

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Lubbock, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I received a phone call to schedule an interview. We agreed on a specific date and time and that was that. I arrived at the store 10 minutes early for my interview. A worker told me to wait in the cafe area while they go get the manager. I waited for an entire hour until I asked another worker to ask for the manager. That worker told me, again, to wait in the cafe area while they went to go get them. I waited another 30 minutes. Again, I asked an employee for the manager. That employee said the manager was out for the day.

So all I have to say is "Thanks, Sam's Club for wasting 2 hours of my day for no reason!"

Interview Questions

• "Hi, what can I help you with?" (Greeter)   1 Answer
    • "Can I help you?" (Random Employee)   1 Answer
    • "How was your experience at Sam's Club today?" (Greeter as I was walking out the front door)   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Irvine, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

easy questions not so hard at times difficult at times complex very confusing atered ego questions and goes forever just like this surver it never ever ever ends am i done yet i sure hope so to difficult to use

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bluefield, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Bluefield, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

horrible......asking the same basic questions but rewording the sentences.....the interviewer kept asking me to name the steps in helping me make life changing decisions, steps in how i made a decision during a hard time. I mean, seriously, i'm just applying for the cashiers job!! He wasn't very friendly either...i also waited an hour for the interview once i got there.

Interview Questions

• what was one important decision you had to make and what were your thoughts and your steps (in order) to come to that decision   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club in February 2011.

Interview

Very detailed situational questions, take your time to answer

Interview Questions

• situational questions with 6 or more parts to answer   1 Answer

Technology Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (San Bernardino, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

At the time there had been several failed candidates from within Sam's Club, so they decided to hire from outside the company. With that, their came more than the average amount of interviews. One with a Supervisor then a manager the first day. Next was with the actual department manager and Club manager the next day. After that, I interviewed with the Market Manager for technology. It was intense but I did well and got the position.

Interview Questions

• How does technology play a part in your life?   1 Answer

Receiving Night Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

the interview was all hypothetical questions about past experiences working at a job. Was not based on knowledge, experience, or time with company. It was done in break-room at centrally located club by the regional directors of various departments. Already had the position for several years and had good evaluations. Everyone had to interview from new hires to twenty + associates in those positions. Most decisions were already "penciled" in but they had to be correct in equal opportunities legally.

Interview Questions

• what was a time that you had to put personal feeling aside to make something right for member? did management support you in this decision? was the member satisfied with the final outcome?   1 Answer

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Chesapeake, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Went into location and had me get on a forklift and show them what skills I had so they could assess if i would be a good candidate. Once they determine that they do a background check that can take a few days, then a scheduling for a urine test, then two seperate interviews with managers at that location.

Interview Questions

• How much knowledge or experience I had operating a forklift.   3 Answers

Negotiation

They had preset salary wages.