Sam's Club Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.2

Cafe Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (San Bernardino, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. One week later I received a call to come in for an interview that day. Five days after the interview, I got a call to come in for a second interview for the next day. At that interview, I had an interview with the store manger and I was hired on the spot.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Augusta, ME).

Interview

Laid back.not to pushy checked references prior work history asked a few questions about last job. Explain pay bi weekly membership options.how to save money made.offer immediately however.took nearly a week to follow.up and.get me.in door

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Bentonville, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

Lack of consistency and adherence to company policy observed in interviews for multiple Associate Buyer roles. Use of interview packet seems to be optional, it is not. Observed closing and reopening of positions until the "chosen one" was in the pool.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you supervised a difficult associate/manager.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

I interviewed three times with three different people, took a drug test and background check. Overall the experience was a little daunting I had to wait three hours in the cafe area that was dirty.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to name a time where I worked as a team, what the assignment was, how it turned out, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not at all. Everything is pre set, based on your experience. So make sure you get all your experience in your original application that's what they base it on.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Matteson, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Matteson, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

They sat me down at the food court, I waited for someone to ask my name, they brought up my application, I signed papers about drug/background testing and answered their questions.

Produce Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Norman, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

It was real easy and they seemed like they was more interested in the job I was there for and making sure that I was aware about the requirements the job requires instead of my personal life and was thorough in giving me these information I needed and answered all my questions real well best interview I have ever had

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time were I had to deal with customer that had a complaint ans if yes what did I have to do to solve it   1 Answer

Meat Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billings, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Billings, MT) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by e-mail to go to the store. My informal interview in the store first by assistant manager and then by the manager. The manager asked a series of questions that I was able to answer.

Bakery Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Conroe, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

the interview literally took 5 minutes, didn't really take the time to explain the role really or what was interviewing for. he sent me the next day to talk to the hr lady and store manager, I never met the store manager but I met up with hr and she told me I couldn't wear my nose piercing or have any visible tattoos. she said she didn't want my nose piercing falling in food.

Interview Questions

• will you stay longer than 6 months   1 Answer

MIT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club in February 2017.

Interview

Its down to one interview. I worked for sams and you apply internally through the wire. Conference call with HR, club manager and some times another manager. Its lead mostly by HR. He explains the job how mit works. What youll be paid and the steps outside of mit. 45 minute interview. Lots of behavior questions. Use the star method.

Interview Questions

• name a time you had to handle a situation when an item was out of stock or discontinued and the member wanted it   Answer Question
    • name a time when you noticed a way to improve sales and how did you do it   Answer Question
    • name a time when you came across an ethical dilemma and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • i wasnt asked this but i know sometimes they ask about diversity   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is none. You will be paid 21 an hour for a 6 week program and then you will get 47500 for becoming an actual manager

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sam's Club in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. I passed leadership assessment. I received a call 2 weeks later. I missed the call and had to try on 4 separate occasions to call back over the next few days. I was put on hold a total 15 minutes over the span of those 4 calls before I got a manager to schedule a interview.

I showed up to the interview and the hiring manager didn't even know I was coming in. And the only positions they had available were cashier and cart attendant.

I know for a fact that I ONLY applied for leadership/ management positions. Terrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in being a cashier or a loader?   1 Answer