Sam's Club Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.2

Member Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (York, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied 3 weeks before I got a phone call for an interview. I was interviewed once by the Member Services Manager & a week later got offered the job which I accepted & I also took a drug test, & did a background check the same day! Last but not least there was orientation which only lasted for 2 days! I begin working immediately after!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We negotiated on my hours , pay & schedule.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

Single inperson interview, very easy and extremly personal, wore business casual. Always wear clothes for the job you want in the future not for the one you are applying for. I wore what I saw managers wearing there.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this pen to me?   2 Answers

Competition Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

In house interview already held another position within tbe company. Had two managers talk with me in the managers office, asked questions about my interests, my career goals. Was praised for my hard work and told they would let me know the outcome by end of week.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to resolve an issue with a angry customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club (North Canton, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I was actually really unimpressed by my interview. I think I waited longer for the manager than the actual interview took. She really did not seem all that invested or interested, she was supposed to ask me (only) 3 questions and only asked 2 because the last was "silly". I was offered the job on the spot without even learning what position it was they were offering or any job description (because I marked several areas of interest on my application). She didn't know the wage either or how many hours/week. I asked if it was ok if I went home to talk about it with my husband before I accepted, she said yes but that I needed to call by 7 that evening. Way too rushed.

The whole thing just seemed like they were desperate for help, and I definitely got the impression that as long as you weren't completely socially inept they would take anyone. If they are this uninvested in their interview process I wonder what it's like being an actual employee. I turned the job down.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where a customer was upset and how you solved the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and called a few days later, on a Thursday. HR asked me about my availability and loosely my experience. The computer system was down (there was a storm) so she told me to call back on Monday. I called Monday shortly after they opened and they scheduled me an interview at noon. I talked to a front end supervisor and she also brought in a member services worker. They were friendly and really wanted to make sure I was comfortable selling credit cards and memberships while I checked members out and also that I could lift up to 50 pounds sometimes. Be friendly, be someone they want on their team!
    I left after the interview because the manager wasn't there. But they called me 20 minutes later with a job offer. I did my drug test that day and am waiting for the clean results!

Anonymous Employee in Fishkill, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Fishkill, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Basic interview with the head manager and then filled out initial paperwork. Then, I got sent to the front-end manager for the rest of the interview, the front-end manager approved me and I went back to the head manager. I received the drug testing and background check email and completed it the next day.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Baltimore, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was easy. I already had worked as a cashier st another market so it wasn't anything new to me I told them that and how good I was with people. Smiled a lot. I think that's what actually got me the job. A smile can say a lot people! Start smiling. You're alive

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about sams club.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Overnight Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherwood, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Sherwood, AR) in October 2016.

Interview

I met with the club manager. It was a standard interview. We discussed the job's expectations, how my experience related, and my expectations from the job. I then had a follow up phone interview with the market Human Reapurve manager.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing I am most proud of in my career.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta Hot Springs, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Murrieta Hot Springs, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was easy and simple, they ask a few questions, talk a little bit, and they know if they're going to hire you on the spot. Its not hard at all and if you need a quick job you can get one easily here. The managers aren't judgemental and as soon as you're hited they get started right away.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

Very quick asked 3 questions and was hired. They will take anyone. Super easy, same day drug test, and had me working about 3 days later. Can't say much more about it just all cut and dry.