Sam's Club Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.2

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Augusta, ME).

Interview

Laid back.not to pushy checked references prior work history asked a few questions about last job. Explain pay bi weekly membership options.how to save money made.offer immediately however.took nearly a week to follow.up and.get me.in door

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

I interviewed three times with three different people, took a drug test and background check. Overall the experience was a little daunting I had to wait three hours in the cafe area that was dirty.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to name a time where I worked as a team, what the assignment was, how it turned out, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not at all. Everything is pre set, based on your experience. So make sure you get all your experience in your original application that's what they base it on.

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Bentonville, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

Lack of consistency and adherence to company policy observed in interviews for multiple Associate Buyer roles. Use of interview packet seems to be optional, it is not. Observed closing and reopening of positions until the "chosen one" was in the pool.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you supervised a difficult associate/manager.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Matteson, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Matteson, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

They sat me down at the food court, I waited for someone to ask my name, they brought up my application, I signed papers about drug/background testing and answered their questions.

Produce Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Norman, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

It was real easy and they seemed like they was more interested in the job I was there for and making sure that I was aware about the requirements the job requires instead of my personal life and was thorough in giving me these information I needed and answered all my questions real well best interview I have ever had

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time were I had to deal with customer that had a complaint ans if yes what did I have to do to solve it   1 Answer

Meat Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billings, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Billings, MT) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by e-mail to go to the store. My informal interview in the store first by assistant manager and then by the manager. The manager asked a series of questions that I was able to answer.

Bakery Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Conroe, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

the interview literally took 5 minutes, didn't really take the time to explain the role really or what was interviewing for. he sent me the next day to talk to the hr lady and store manager, I never met the store manager but I met up with hr and she told me I couldn't wear my nose piercing or have any visible tattoos. she said she didn't want my nose piercing falling in food.

Interview Questions

• will you stay longer than 6 months   1 Answer

Maintenance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Augusta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Went threw two interviews with the manager and supervisor and after the second interview they will let you know weather you got the job or not, and then you do a drug test an background check an then orientation.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the job   1 Answer

MIT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club in February 2017.

Interview

Its down to one interview. I worked for sams and you apply internally through the wire. Conference call with HR, club manager and some times another manager. Its lead mostly by HR. He explains the job how mit works. What youll be paid and the steps outside of mit. 45 minute interview. Lots of behavior questions. Use the star method.

Interview Questions

• name a time you had to handle a situation when an item was out of stock or discontinued and the member wanted it   Answer Question
    • name a time when you noticed a way to improve sales and how did you do it   Answer Question
    • name a time when you came across an ethical dilemma and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • i wasnt asked this but i know sometimes they ask about diversity   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is none. You will be paid 21 an hour for a 6 week program and then you will get 47500 for becoming an actual manager

Baker/Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (West Jordan, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

You will have three interviews, in order to receive the position. Your last interview is usually with the club manager. Don't worry, the first interview is usually with someone that just started their job and their learning how to interview. The second interview is typically with the team lead that is over whatever position you're interviewing for. They'll show you what it's like to have the job. If you're still interested, then they will get you that third interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sam's club?   1 Answer
    • Do you work well as a team (with people)? and, what do you bring to the table?   1 Answer
    • Can you work on Sunday?   1 Answer
    • What are you availability times?   1 Answer
    • If there was a conflict with a member (in sam's club, there are no CUSTOMERS. Only MEMBERS), how would you handle it?   1 Answer
    • When can you start?   1 Answer