Sam's Club Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.2

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Columbia, MO).

Interview

After submitting an online application, a call was received by the Human Resources coordinator regarding an interview. The interview was conducted by a COS cashier. I was offered a position immediately and officially after a drug test was completed.

Interview Questions

• If a guest is unhappy and becomes loud about an issue, what would you do?   1 Answer

Food Court Interview

Interview

Well run and questions were on topic. One on one interview. Interview occurred on time. Allowed questions to interviewer. Polite and professional, no reason to be hurried along, was told that information about being hired would be provided within one week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

Pretty average. Had the interview in the cafe out in public where everyone was eating their lunch, so I thought that was strange. Questions were the usual... Why do you want to work here, what is your experience, etc. it was over in 5 minutes. Then he told me to follow him and they offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offered me a rate and said it was over what they normally start at. It wasn't near my required rate, but they offered me full time, which is rare, so I took it.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Honolulu, HI) in August 2016.

Interview

A basic overview that went over if I had any former experience and other general questions for one without a former job. It was easy-going as my interview as 1:1 and fairly quick as well, due to the fact of me not having a former job. So, main interviewer Sherri could really only ask me general questions as to why I should be hired, since most of the regular questions that she could ask, would only apply to those with former experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any former jobs?   1 Answer
    • How would you prepare for your shift?   1 Answer
    • When did you graduate?   1 Answer
    • Why are you entering the work force/ wanting a job now?   1 Answer
    • Are you OK with the starting pay of 11.25?   1 Answer

Cart Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Marietta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I put my application in they called me and I went in for an interview and they scheduled the second interview offering me the job the interview was simple just show up and talk about yourself and then they send you to get a drug test after the job offer

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at sam's club
      How did you hear about us
      Answer Question

Product Demonstration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Waldorf, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied and received a call a few days later. Over the phone interview went perfect. The woman was very kind and open. She even put me in a location closer to my home. I then got a interview the next day, and the head management was just as kind, if not more. It had not been as stressful as an usual interview, went smooth.

Interview Questions

• They asked me "Say, this happened.." Questions and more about my experience and what I could offer.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2016.

Interview

Generalist called and obtained basic information and shared general requirements and potential pay range and other benefits. Then specialist coordinated phone interview with hiring manager. Hiring manager was 15 minutes late calling, and didn't excuse themselves for being tardy. Additionally it seemed like they had never leafed over my resume. In the the process of answering questions, they talked negatively about other departments prior actions/roles. They never closed the loop.

Interview Questions

• General "tell me about"... None of the questions indicated any knowledge of applicants experience.   Answer Question

Cafe Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Moreno Valley, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, after a few weeks they called me in for an interview immediately, very short notice. Then got called in for a second interview which was simply coming in for a drug test instructions and signing paperwork.

Member Service Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Very easy went through a few question and was offered the position good dress would be slacks and a button up in all it toke about only 30 minutes and was a very laid back process

Interview Questions

• What sales techniques would you use to sell are club cards?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Ames, IA) in August 2016.

Interview

This was a casual interview. It was very one-sided. They do not attempt to get to know their associates at all. They already intend to higher you before the interview, questions are just about when you are available