Sam's Club Overnight Stocker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sam's Club Overnight Stocker Interview Questions

Updated Dec 29, 2016

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Brief interview. They ask you basic 3 questions. Mostly about past experiences. How you would handle certain customer complaintservice. How you would finish additional tasks given. He you would handle customer complaints and what you would do to make them happy.

Interview Questions

• What is something you have done to make a customer happy   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sam's Club

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Beavercreek, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job last Friday. Got a call yesterday for an interview. Went in today and it was pretty straight forward. Their system was down so we did the interview in the cafe. He only asked like three questions so it was a pretty easy and casual interview.

They had several people interviewing for the position so I'll find out within the next few days if he wants to hire me on or not.

Interview Questions

• What past work experience have you had?   Answer Question
    • If you had multiple tasks to get done, how would you prioritize what gets done first?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled the problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Honolulu, HI) in August 2016.

Interview

A basic overview that went over if I had any former experience and other general questions for one without a former job. It was easy-going as my interview as 1:1 and fairly quick as well, due to the fact of me not having a former job. So, main interviewer Sherri could really only ask me general questions as to why I should be hired, since most of the regular questions that she could ask, would only apply to those with former experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any former jobs?   1 Answer
    • How would you prepare for your shift?   1 Answer
    • When did you graduate?   1 Answer
    • Why are you entering the work force/ wanting a job now?   1 Answer
    • Are you OK with the starting pay of 11.25?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Tulsa, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

Drug screen background. They ask u a bunch of questions about your past and what u would of done knowing the outcome. Drug test. Then you wait a couple of days before they contact u

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2014.

Interview

There was no negotiation. They offered me $11 an hour because I had over five years of stock experience and then they offered me a completely different position totally unrelated to the one I desired. When I later asked about this, the interviewing manager lied and said he had no recollection of the interview, adding a few seconds later that he was being pressured by his boss to fill a position that was totally unrelated to that for which I was interviewed.

Interview Questions

• "Do you know how to make pizza and run a register?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Southfield, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process were fairly simple. The online application was straightforward. My interview was at night, which was kind of weird for me since I'd never had an interview that late. However, the position required me to come into work at 9:30pm.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are capable at being an overnight stocker?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Memphis, TN) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call back over a month later and was asked to come in for an interview a few days later. Primarily, I interviewed with HR and the questions were basic situational questions. (i.e. tell me about a time when) After the interview with her was completed, she sent me to speak with the Hardlines Manager. (If you get a second interview, that's usually a good sign). This interview was basically the same but very laid back. He mainly asked about prior work experience and made sure I knew what I was getting into if hired. He offered me a job and I accepted. Then, went back to HR to sign background check and drug testing paperwork. Completed the drug test that same day at an off site location. Was called back about 3 days later and scheduled for orientation for this Tuesday. All in all, it was a pretty easy experience.

As far as what to wear, Sam's is a warehouse environment, so don;t overdress. I wore dark blue jeans and a nice polo with black tennis shoes and that was enough. Don't stress. Just go in with confidence and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult. They were all typical situational questions. All pretty easy to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay is decided by the computer. You can either take it or leave it.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2013.

Interview

First interview is split in two, one with a team leader, one with a manager. All questions are situation/experience based. Second interview is with the GM, basically the same format. Basically it's the same as the online application's questionnaire, just in person. Easy for the most part, very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• You need to convince a customer to sign up for a plus membership, how would you accomplish this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2013.

Interview

the interview process was very difficult, they dont ask alot of question about where you have worked in the past, they ask questions like ;name a time and place you went beyond the call of duty and how did you help someone else?

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (College Station, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview made me so nervous. You meet with a teamlead in the cafe and he asks you all this random stuff and if you think to long or mumble he then says, "Why should I give you this job?" Witch was very rude. I answered everything right and went to the other manger and he asked the same stuff just in different ways but he was very kind and this part of the interview did not make me as nervous. I got the job that day and started two days later. The interview was easy just do research on questions they ask in the application and you will get it too.

Interview Questions

• How would you change someone else opinion to your own?   1 Answer