Sam's Club Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sam's Club Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

Applied online with open availability. Called in for interview, mgr reviewed my application. Talked about some of my past jobs. She asked several how would you handle certain situation questions. She told me I was interviewing for a part time position which everyone starts out at. 30 hours usual per week. Offered job that day without 2nd interview. Took drug test same day. Called 5 days later and told me when to report for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to handle a bad situation what did you do and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sam's Club

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

I applied online, then I received a phone call for a interview the next day. I want in the interview was very easy. I was called the same day to schedule a drug test. I did my drug text an began to train the next week.

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club (East Lansing, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

two interviews basic questions pretty easy. Met once with assistant manager in an open interview pretty informal then next with the manager a few questions to get a feel for you then i was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Monroeville, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Got called to come in and interview. Interviewed with a newly promoted supervisor. Was asked all the standard open ended questions any other place would ask. Passed and was told they'd call me back for a second interview.

Left and 5 minutes later, got a call about a misunderstanding with the second interview. Was told to come back. Interviewed with the supervisor and an assistant manager. Answered a few more questions. Got hired and was sent off to do a drug test. The interview and drug test took about 3 hours as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl City, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Pearl City, HI) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview appointment was set for 1:00 but didnt take place untill 1:30. Interview took about 10 minutes and the interviewer was nice. Super friendly and made me feel more calm during the interview as opposed to how nervous i was at the beginning. Ended the interview on a good note but they could have been more organized planning the interview as me and another interviewee were waiting for half an hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer asking for help finding an item?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (San Diego, CA).

Interview

It took a long time. The managers and supervisors were both late to the interview. It is very scripted as well. The second interview I did with the company was pathetic. It was very scripted and then I was told they were still doing interviews and that I'd hear back later. The next day I found out I was supposed to have my second interview but no one ever communicated that to me.

Interview Questions

• When did you have to complete a big project? what did you do to complete it? how did it turn out?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

Answered some questions and was able to meet some managers and got to meet two interviewers on one day then met the other manager the next day for interview. then was able to take a drug test and then meet for a orientation later on the week

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this business   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to the interview. The HR person who was supposed to interview me never showed, so someone from the backery conducted the interview. They weren't even from the department that I applied to. I was asked a lot of long winded, complicated questions read off a sheet about past experiences working with people. The interview was conducted in the heating room. I got no call back, even though they said that they would. Do not apply here. They will waste your time.

Interview Questions

• It was a paragraph about what was a time that I had to work with someone who was difficult and how did i handle it, in a nutshell.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Freehold, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

3 different interviews:
    Met with team leader of your section
    Met with manager of your section
    Met with General Manager of the store

Ask about your expectations and what you can do to make it a better store. Intentions within the company.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to make Sam's Club better?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (State College, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

It happened in one day... I sat down with HR and a manager... It was simple generic questions. It was a good part time job... Just be honest when it comes to what days you want to work because they have enough people and they can work around your schedule