Sam's Club Tire Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sam's Club Tire Technician Interview Questions

1.9

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tire Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2015.

Interview

A manager called me at asked me to come in for an interview with the auto department supervisor at 12:30pm. When I came in, everybody told me my interview was supposed to be at 12:00, that I was late, and that I would have to wait for the supervisor to come back from lunch. After 30 minutes of sitting at their food court, the supervisor sat down in front of me and gave me THE worst interview I have ever been given. He asked me standard interview questions that involved past employement and teamwork skills. There were about 4, and when he read each question, he looked like he was incredibly confused by them. While I responded, he would look away into the distance or at the costumer service desk where employees where talking to costumers, and seem like he was completely uninterested in my answers, totally ignoring me and not writting anything down on the employee evaluation paper he had in front of him, where he very obviously should have been, considering the scoring tables that were on there. I came very close to walking out after the 2nd question, but I desperately needed a job, so I stuck around through all 4, only to have him tell me that they are currently giving interviews to all applicants, and that they would call me to let me know of their decision. Surprise! They never did!

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem at work that helped you move past it? (literally the way he said it)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sam's Club

Anonymous Employee in Jamestown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Jamestown, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It was very quick and easy. They were very nice and polite. I also received a tour of the store and work area I would be in. I would recommend to anybody.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Austin, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I just had to talk to the team lead of the area about what I could do to contribute to the group. They told me they would teach me everything if I was willing to learn. It was a fairly straight forward process. I felt like it was a small family within the store. You had to be accepted in.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was 5 minutes total... Very simple

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Lakewood, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

was quick since i had past experience and was already familiar with the standard operating procedures and had worked this position in the past and was on LOA from my last job in another state

Interview Questions

• whats your auto backround, whats your availability, what are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

The process consists of a standard background and drug test for any position in the store. The process is cut into 2 segments. The 1st being required to undergo a extensive test that covers numerous scenarios to determine your work ethic and psychological development. All of the questions are easy basic common sense what ifs'??? Upon completion you may be selected for an in person interview. One of the main goals of this stage is to determine that it is you who had completed and submitted the test. They prefer someone with prior experience in the position or someone who is seeking long term employment, or someone who at least has a stable work history.

Interview Questions

• "why do you want this position"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Worcester, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

Three phase interview process focusing on cookie-cutter questions that you would be hear at most retail employers. The first phase will be with a hourly supervisor and the second and third phase will be with managers. If an offer is given there will be a drug test followed by company orientation. If everything goes well the process takes 7 to 10 business days.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a confrontation with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Linden, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Linden, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was fairly standard, included the typical question regarding examples of being a leader, situational scenarios of various cases and how was your reaction. Afterwards, they began to ask me if i had any prior knowledge of automotive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scene where you had to use your leadership skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Spartanburg, SC) in April 2011.

Interview

I was hired at an established club, the process was easy and pretty much standardized. When I moved up in the company I just received a phone call that basically asked if I had any leadership experience and when could I start.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are easy if you go to work and get involved, if you just go to work push a broom and go home you will struggle with the questions.   Answer Question

Tire Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2010.

Interview

I had one interview and it was pretty relaxed. It was just basic questions, asking about my plans, and about my goals. It was a pretty relaxed interview process.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was situational. They asked which super hero I would be, which was to see how I think and deal with odd situations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Starting hourly wage was very good compared to any other jobs available at the time.