SamTrans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at SamTrans

Principal Or Senior Transit Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at SamTrans (San Mateo, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

A board of three interviewed me. Only one member of the interview board was from Sam Trans and the others were from CalTrans and (I believe) San Mateo County. It took about 45 minutes. This was a Skype interview. It was 58 days between the application submission date and the interview and I have not hear back on the result several months later. I only assume that I didn't get the job.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SamTrans (San Carlos, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant. The interviewer was very professional and friendly. No trick questions. Just the typical interview questions. The interviewer thoroughly went over the job descriptions and responsibilities to make sure that you fully understand each responsibilities. Make sure to ask a questions.

Graphics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SamTrans (San Carlos, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of 5 in the department in which I would be working. Each person was prepared with a list of specific questions. They were very warm and friendly, which put me at ease. I felt comfortable despite the unavoidable age difference. I brought a few printed samples of my work which they looked at with interest. They were not yet sure how many other applicants they would be interviewing, and consequently not sure of when I would hear of their decision.