Samsung Austin Semiconductor Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

2.9

75 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Verification Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

There was one phone round followed by onsite. Onsite had 5 technical rounds, 1 round with the HR and a lunch. The team gave a clear idea on what work is done and what is expected.

Interview Questions

• Grilled on my current work, System Verilog basics, UVM in depth, Comp Arch questions like Cache coherency.   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview had two rounds one is phone interview where I was asked mostly regarding my resume and the other is Onsite at Austin, Texas where I was tested for all the skills required by the position.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions related to System verilog, UVM, Verilog, Computer Architecture and Design, Testing.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

1st had a phone screening with a third party that just asked some real basic questions. Then a week later had a video interview with hiring manager and two other members of his team. Less than a week after the video interview I got a call from recruiter saying they would like to send me an offer.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I was referred by an external recruiting company and my first step was a phone interview with the hiring manager who asked very insightful questions. After this, I was told there would be video interviews and a final on-site interview. They decided to skip the video interview process with me and I went on-site for a half day of panel interviews. This involved travel arrangements for me since I am not local. That was a tough part of the process for me personally because of flight schedules and my needs. I arrived late evening the night before and got up early for interviews the next morning but I was still working on a different time zone so I was mentally and physically exhausted by end of day. Again, this was mostly due to my travel needs and flights available.

Once on-site the parking was easy for me but it did take the guard station a few minutes to make me a parking pass and they didn't catch that I was there for an interview so they almost routed me the wrong way. It was hot in Austin walking to the building in a suit but that is to be expected. You check in and leave your phone in the lobby with the receptionist.

The on-site interviews were in 45 min to 1-hour segments with a total of 11 people. They are considerate about asking how you got into the building, offering water, offering restroom breaks, etc.

Overall the process completed in two weeks and was very fast and communicative. Although I did not get a job offer what I will say is that I really wanted to be a part of this team. They were also very organized, thorough, and responsive for the most part.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last company?
      Why are you interested in Samsung?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I attended a job fair with multiple open positions. I was given application to fill out, which you were expected to specify a position/area to apply for, so it is helpful to already have that information. I then turned in the application & resume and waited for an interview. There was a large turnout so my wait was 1 hour, but some people had to wait longer to only be sent home without interviewing. The HR personnel and hiring managers were extremely nice. I found the interview to be very comfortable.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview after career fair, then an invitation to a panel interview in Austin, questions were fairly straight forward no curve balls. Definitely know whats on your resume and be able to explain it

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It was smooth. I was asked about my resume, which had work relevant skills and projects like cache coherency, processor design, coding skills. Was asked to code on the board.

Interview Questions

• What is coherency, consistency, difference. How do you ensure them, protocols, practices. How do you verify them (project related stuff). Questions on UVM, SystemVerilog and Verilog   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

BEWARE

I had a standard phone interview with an outside hiring company that SAS contracts out their initial screenings to. It went well. I then had an hour phone interview with the hiring manager which went well. I then had an on-site interview where I was promised that my travel expenses would be reimbursed; and that was expected since it's standard industry practice. That was 2 months ago and SAS is refusing to reimburse any of the related interview expenses. The expenses were less than $50 so it's not a huge deal, but it disgraces their entire company since they are liars and thieves. I submitted my reimbursement form exactly as requested and have attempted to contact their HR representatives multiple times via phone and email - they don't answer the phones, don't respond to voicemails, and never reply to emails. I have never experienced such a terrible HR process in my life.

If you interview with them BEWARE you may never be reimbursed for any travel/interview expenses.

Interview Questions

• On-site had two hour long interviews, one was "explain a technical concept" the second interview was behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Quality and Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

A friend of mine helped me forward my resume to the hiring manager at SAS. I first had a phone interview with the hiring manager, where she asked me about my background and some basic Quality Engineering questions. She then invited me over for an on-site interview.

In the on-site interview, I spoke with two panels. The managerial panel consisted of high ranking managers in the Quality section. They asked detailed questions regarding my previous work and tried to see which position I would be best suited for. Be sure to have good stories and specific examples to recount in case of behavioral questions. The managers were not very responsive to what I was saying, and quite possibly made me screw up half my answers. They made the atmosphere pretty uncomfortable for an interview.

The technical panel consisted of engineers (who would have probably been my colleagues). They asked me questions on my resume. These people were much more responsive and made me feel pretty comfortable.

Overall the interview was decent. It went on for two hours (one hour per panel). The questions they were asking were not exactly tough, but it really made you think very hard on the specifics of whatever you had done previously.

Interview Questions

• Explain a particular example of deviation analysis that you performed. Explain that in as much detail as you can, specifically focusing on what you, as an individual, contributed.   Answer Question

CORP Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Initially you I received a phone call, answered a few short basic behavioral questions, and then I was invited and briefed on the Interview Process. It is two days, the first day you get a tour of the facilities and dinner. The second day consists of a leaderless interview, before two separate interviews in no particular order, the first is mainly behavioral, and the second is technical. They really are not trying to trip anyone up, just be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to assemble a team of people in order to accomplish a task.   Answer Question