Samsung Austin Semiconductor Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I attended a job fair with multiple open positions. I was given application to fill out, which you were expected to specify a position/area to apply for, so it is helpful to already have that information. I then turned in the application & resume and waited for an interview. There was a large turnout so my wait was 1 hour, but some people had to wait longer to only be sent home without interviewing. The HR personnel and hiring managers were extremely nice. I found the interview to be very comfortable.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

BEWARE

I had a standard phone interview with an outside hiring company that SAS contracts out their initial screenings to. It went well. I then had an hour phone interview with the hiring manager which went well. I then had an on-site interview where I was promised that my travel expenses would be reimbursed; and that was expected since it's standard industry practice. That was 2 months ago and SAS is refusing to reimburse any of the related interview expenses. The expenses were less than $50 so it's not a huge deal, but it disgraces their entire company since they are liars and thieves. I submitted my reimbursement form exactly as requested and have attempted to contact their HR representatives multiple times via phone and email - they don't answer the phones, don't respond to voicemails, and never reply to emails. I have never experienced such a terrible HR process in my life.

If you interview with them BEWARE you may never be reimbursed for any travel/interview expenses.

Interview Questions

• On-site had two hour long interviews, one was "explain a technical concept" the second interview was behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Quality and Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

A friend of mine helped me forward my resume to the hiring manager at SAS. I first had a phone interview with the hiring manager, where she asked me about my background and some basic Quality Engineering questions. She then invited me over for an on-site interview.

In the on-site interview, I spoke with two panels. The managerial panel consisted of high ranking managers in the Quality section. They asked detailed questions regarding my previous work and tried to see which position I would be best suited for. Be sure to have good stories and specific examples to recount in case of behavioral questions. The managers were not very responsive to what I was saying, and quite possibly made me screw up half my answers. They made the atmosphere pretty uncomfortable for an interview.

The technical panel consisted of engineers (who would have probably been my colleagues). They asked me questions on my resume. These people were much more responsive and made me feel pretty comfortable.

Overall the interview was decent. It went on for two hours (one hour per panel). The questions they were asking were not exactly tough, but it really made you think very hard on the specifics of whatever you had done previously.

Interview Questions

• Explain a particular example of deviation analysis that you performed. Explain that in as much detail as you can, specifically focusing on what you, as an individual, contributed.   Answer Question

CORP Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Initially you I received a phone call, answered a few short basic behavioral questions, and then I was invited and briefed on the Interview Process. It is two days, the first day you get a tour of the facilities and dinner. The second day consists of a leaderless interview, before two separate interviews in no particular order, the first is mainly behavioral, and the second is technical. They really are not trying to trip anyone up, just be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to assemble a team of people in order to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Corp Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

I met them at an university career fair. They asked me a few screening questions and afterward invited me to come to Austin. At first the process was intimidating, but after the first day of tours, that feeling was gone.

Tip: Prepare and practice your presentations to the two panels. Practice in front of friends, family, and even campus career advisers if they are available. Get to the point that both become conversational.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that you had to do deal with conflict within a team.   Answer Question

CORP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I met them at career fair. They told me that I am selected for the interview right away. Later I was invited to the interview by Email. The first day was the fab tour and dinner with current employees. The dinner was nice. The second day was with managers and we were divided to groups of 4.

Interview Questions

• 1 behavioral, 1 your past experience and 1 an easy hands on   Answer Question

Facilities Administror Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with recruiters from SAS at a job fair in Jan. I gave them recruiters my resume and they provided me with the POC for HR about the position. I contacted the HR recruiter and soon as the job was posted on the Samsung Career website they let me know and I applied for it.

I applied for the job in mid Feb. and a few weeks later I received a email to set up an onsite visit and interview in Austin at SAS, when I arrived I had to be checked in and escorted around the facility. I met with the HR recruiter and we sat for about 15 mins to go over some paperwork I was told to bring.

After that I met with a panel and the interview wasn't bad at all it was laid back and they basically asked me questions about my military experience, my resume, and behavioral questions took about an 1-2 hour.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing I didn't like about my previous job?   1 Answer

Corp Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

First day was tour of Samsung facilities with a speech from a high level executive, then a dinner. Second day was interviews. First interview discussed senior design. Second interview was strictly behavioral questions. Third interview was leaderless interview. Basically you needed to solve an air pressure/electrical system with another partner in 30 min. Actually fun.

Interview Questions

• If your boss asks you to do something and there is a more efficient way about doing it what do you do?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you failed?   Answer Question

CORP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

had three separate interviews within four hours. First was a group interview with four other candidates while the other two were with two engineers and one hr rep., each separate. first was the behavioral portion followed by the technical part.

Interview Questions

• behaviorial - typical questions you'd expect from any industry
      technical - asked specifically about senior design projects or any working on at the time
      Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had a short meeting with an HR rep followed by a panel interview. That didn't go well, to put it mildly. Technical questions were easy and trivial however the personal ones were another story. I'm used to working in a male-dominated field and I'm often the only woman in a meeting room however nothing prepared me for a blatantly rude treatment I faced at Samsung.
    The interviewers asked many inappropriate and borderline discriminatory questions such as whether my husband agreed to move to Austin. The potential manager (an American, mind you) asked how many kids do I have. This left me wondering what kind of job I was interviewed for.
    Also, couple more things. They require you to submit a recent pay stub as a part of an application. I did because my pay is at the top of the grade. They couldn't match it, by the way. They needed to make a hire ASAP however they could only schedule a flight for an on-site interview in 2 weeks because of some silly company policy on advance ticket booking.