Samsung Austin Semiconductor Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Samsung Austin Semiconductor Engineer I Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

2.1

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview with HR asking basic resume questions. Then there was a group interview where we were tasked to solve a problem as a team. Lastly, there was a panel style interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe this project on your resume and any challenges you faced and how you overcame them?   Answer Question
  • If you were under a time constraint and did not know how to solve a problem, what would you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy going interviews... Do a little research about Samsung AS before you apply please. Nothing is more annoying to the interviewers than someone who comes in and is like "oh my goodness I applied here because I just love samsung products, weeee! I love the idea of assembling phones and refigerators!"

Just sell yourself, give specific examples of how you have done something at work or in school similar to what they are asking you. Don't be afraid to ask them questions!!!

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Interview

I went thru a typical entry level interview. which consist of panel interview with engineering manages and HR rep. asked about typical semiconductor process and behavior interview questions. Got a phone call after 2 days about an offer. All entry engineers get the same pay.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

All entry engineers get the same offer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Usually you will get a phone interview, then personal and group interview with several managers. You will usually also be given a tour of the fab and be treated to a lunch/reception. In time of urgent need for new employees this might be shortened to one interview on-site with a lunch and tour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - take it or leave it. Offers are usually very competitive with very good benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

The phone interview was very basic. What do you know about Samsung? What are your hobbies? Nothing technical. The group interview was informal. It was with an HR representative and two Senior Engineers. They also asked very basic questions. What was your favorite class? What group situations have you worked in? Any experience with public presentations? Have you been in any disputes with people you worked in groups with? All very standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a technical problem you solved from start to finish.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in April 2011.

Interview

behavioral interview, did a dinner with the managers the night before. A lot of tours and presentations. One panel interview and another group activity. Tour of the fab, and facilities. Tour of the city.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in October 2009.

Interview

When I met the interviewer, he was very nice and mainly asked me personal questions such as why I want to work for Samsung and where I saw myself after five years. He also asked about why I should be hired and what aspects of the company I really liked and disliked. The reason why I was not offered the position was because they had a "hiring freeze" a week after my interview. I wish that they told me this before even going through with the interview in the first place.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in October 2009.

Interview

Flew me out to Austin and put me up in a hotel for 2 nights. First day was just dinner at a nice restaurant and talking to us about Samsung. Second day was a full day of interviews and showing us around town. At night they let us go downtown and experience the night life scene.

Interviews consisted of a panel of 3 interviewers asking behavioral questions. Then we had a little group exercise where we were given a scenario and we (interviewees) had to work as a group. Finally a technical interview from one of the engineers.

Interview Questions

• A group of us interviewees were given a scenario where we had to discuss as a group and make certain decisions about how best to solve the problem in the scenario.   Answer Question