Samsung Austin Semiconductor Engineer III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Samsung Austin Semiconductor Engineer III Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Worked with a recruiter. Lined up my interview on a particular day. Samsung flew me out to Austin, provided me a rental car, hotel, and meals. The day of the interview they had a number of interviews lined up. In the morning they provided a simple breakfast during which time you started filling out an application. Then came the first interview. That interview did not go well, nor do I remember much of it - it was with a team I didn't care for. After that was another interview with a team I was interested in. The mood of that interview was much lighter and friendly. Though they asked difficult questions, it wasn't an interrogation. For lunch Samsung provided a nice spread and had interviewers join us so we could ask more relaxed questions. Following lunch I was invited on a field walk where I got to see many interesting things and peaked my interest to work for Samsung. Overall, the atmosphere was friendly and professional after that first interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail a process improvement that you personally developed and how did that improvement turn out?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told the recruiter the salary I was looking for. They offered me $1,000 less than my offer. Since I had over-shot my original offer, I accepted. From interview to offer to acceptance took five days tops.

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Interview

The interview is designed to see how you handle pressure and the unique culture clash in the company. SAS focus how well you work in a group setting and whether you will listen to orders. Military experience are best.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your manager ask you to do a job which cannot be completed in the time given?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Most new college grads get the same pay no matter your GPA or School. However, if you say that you have a competitive offer from another company they will raise the offer by 2000 dollars.