Samsung Austin Semiconductor Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Samsung Austin Semiconductor Engineering Interview Questions

2.9

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

BEWARE

I had a standard phone interview with an outside hiring company that SAS contracts out their initial screenings to. It went well. I then had an hour phone interview with the hiring manager which went well. I then had an on-site interview where I was promised that my travel expenses would be reimbursed; and that was expected since it's standard industry practice. That was 2 months ago and SAS is refusing to reimburse any of the related interview expenses. The expenses were less than $50 so it's not a huge deal, but it disgraces their entire company since they are liars and thieves. I submitted my reimbursement form exactly as requested and have attempted to contact their HR representatives multiple times via phone and email - they don't answer the phones, don't respond to voicemails, and never reply to emails. I have never experienced such a terrible HR process in my life.

If you interview with them BEWARE you may never be reimbursed for any travel/interview expenses.

Interview Questions

• On-site had two hour long interviews, one was "explain a technical concept" the second interview was behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Application

Interview

During the interview process, each candidate interviews first with one of the 3-4 recruiters at the company for 30 minutes. The recruiter will collect all paperwork, then answer questions about benefits. After that, the interviews are "Panel type" where 3-4 people will meet with each person for one hour. Expect there to be at least 2 of these. After that, the recruiter will call and make an offer if the team likes you. Background/Drug Screen, Hire date.

Interview Questions

• Describe in as much detail as possible the most technical thing you understand.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They make an initial offer very close to what the final will be. There isn't much room to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Had multiple phone interviews, then in person interview with HR, then panel interview with multiple supervisors & team members. The interview was primarily behavioral, with surprisingly little concentration on technical matters.

The long hours involved were mentioned multiple times, and when combined with the stories told to me by former employees, it was clear that there is no such thing as work-life balance there. My discussions with HR regarding compensation indicate that I would be taking a pretty severe cut in $/hr, even if I got a significant overall increase in salary.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever missed a deadline, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

I emailed Samsung my resume and was given an over the phone interview the next day. I was then invited to an informative meeting and then dinner with other engineers working at the company. The next day was the interview where we were first given lunch and a tour of the facilities. The interview then consisted of a group interview where they tested our collaboration skills and a personal interview with two interviewers. I was very pleased with the way they conducted the interview and would recommend the company to anyone looking to apply.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to get from the company and how do you plan to give back?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Overall a good interview experience. Employees were welcoming and provided a fair amount of detailed information about the company. Interview consisted of a group/panel interview and a team exercise. Interview was not very technically-intensive and was more centered around soft skills. For new grads, a lot of studying is not needed to be successful in an interview with Samsung, I would recommend thinking of examples where you work well with others as a good way of preparing for this interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working in semiconductor manufacturing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview and an onsite interview and then received a job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

I spoke with a Samsung employee at our University Career Fair and gave them my resume. Around 3 weeks later I recieved a phone interview. It was a simple interview asking about myself and my resume. At the end of the interview I was ask to apply online for the position. A few days later I received a phone call asking if I was able to attend an office visist. At the office visit, I was give a tour of Austin, a manager presentation, a panel interview, and a group problem solving interview. Two weeks later I received an offer

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an ethical problem you have encountered and how you handled it   Answer Question

Negotiation

Samsung's beginning offer was very generous and one of the top offer I have seen.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in June 2008.

Interview

FIrst, phone interview was done to invite people to their FAB. Panel interviews were done, a group of people just interviewing you, mainly asking you behaviorial questions. THen group interviews were done - a panel just watches you while you figure out a problem.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview.
    Several easy questions about memory and digital circuit.

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in May 2011.

Interview

I was recommended by a second party. The job I was interviewing for was for process and equipment engineer. The interview was pleasant. I was qualified for a different engineering position but I was not interested in that job. I was asked sereval situation questions.