Samsung Austin Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I was referred by an external recruiting company and my first step was a phone interview with the hiring manager who asked very insightful questions. After this, I was told there would be video interviews and a final on-site interview. They decided to skip the video interview process with me and I went on-site for a half day of panel interviews. This involved travel arrangements for me since I am not local. That was a tough part of the process for me personally because of flight schedules and my needs. I arrived late evening the night before and got up early for interviews the next morning but I was still working on a different time zone so I was mentally and physically exhausted by end of day. Again, this was mostly due to my travel needs and flights available.

Once on-site the parking was easy for me but it did take the guard station a few minutes to make me a parking pass and they didn't catch that I was there for an interview so they almost routed me the wrong way. It was hot in Austin walking to the building in a suit but that is to be expected. You check in and leave your phone in the lobby with the receptionist.

The on-site interviews were in 45 min to 1-hour segments with a total of 11 people. They are considerate about asking how you got into the building, offering water, offering restroom breaks, etc.

Overall the process completed in two weeks and was very fast and communicative. Although I did not get a job offer what I will say is that I really wanted to be a part of this team. They were also very organized, thorough, and responsive for the most part.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last company?
      Why are you interested in Samsung?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I attended a job fair with multiple open positions. I was given application to fill out, which you were expected to specify a position/area to apply for, so it is helpful to already have that information. I then turned in the application & resume and waited for an interview. There was a large turnout so my wait was 1 hour, but some people had to wait longer to only be sent home without interviewing. The HR personnel and hiring managers were extremely nice. I found the interview to be very comfortable.

Quality and Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

A friend of mine helped me forward my resume to the hiring manager at SAS. I first had a phone interview with the hiring manager, where she asked me about my background and some basic Quality Engineering questions. She then invited me over for an on-site interview.

In the on-site interview, I spoke with two panels. The managerial panel consisted of high ranking managers in the Quality section. They asked detailed questions regarding my previous work and tried to see which position I would be best suited for. Be sure to have good stories and specific examples to recount in case of behavioral questions. The managers were not very responsive to what I was saying, and quite possibly made me screw up half my answers. They made the atmosphere pretty uncomfortable for an interview.

The technical panel consisted of engineers (who would have probably been my colleagues). They asked me questions on my resume. These people were much more responsive and made me feel pretty comfortable.

Overall the interview was decent. It went on for two hours (one hour per panel). The questions they were asking were not exactly tough, but it really made you think very hard on the specifics of whatever you had done previously.

Interview Questions

• Explain a particular example of deviation analysis that you performed. Explain that in as much detail as you can, specifically focusing on what you, as an individual, contributed.   Answer Question

Material Owner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in June 2016.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter after applying online. Passed the first round and then moved on to the next phone interview with the engineer. The interview was technical and was focused on previous relatable experience with statistical process control and problem solving procedures (8D etc). The interview was very monotonous and was a serious type of interview. Heavily focused on the 'how'.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found a defect in the disc   1 Answer

CORP Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Initially you I received a phone call, answered a few short basic behavioral questions, and then I was invited and briefed on the Interview Process. It is two days, the first day you get a tour of the facilities and dinner. The second day consists of a leaderless interview, before two separate interviews in no particular order, the first is mainly behavioral, and the second is technical. They really are not trying to trip anyone up, just be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to assemble a team of people in order to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Corp Engineer Process Entry Level Interview

Interview

1 phone interview. They called me and asked 2 behavioral questions. Screening my resume. Then they invited me to go to austin. The overall process is chilled. Not too technical.

CORP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Interview

So the process took about one week for me. There were two interviews, one at my college and one on site. The one at my school was strictly behavioral, and the one on site was more in depth behavioral and somewhat technical, but not really. The interview was definitely on the easy side.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions asked were basic behavioral i.e. What's your greatest skill? Your flaws? If you were working on a project with all available resources being applied and there was no way to finish on time, what do you do? What something you've learned that you have used to solve a problem? Talk about something that you've made better. Talk about some of your failures. How do you deal with team members?
      There weren't really any "real" technical questions, just asked about senior design.   Answer Question

Corp Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

First day was tour of Samsung facilities with a speech from a high level executive, then a dinner. Second day was interviews. First interview discussed senior design. Second interview was strictly behavioral questions. Third interview was leaderless interview. Basically you needed to solve an air pressure/electrical system with another partner in 30 min. Actually fun.

Interview Questions

• If your boss asks you to do something and there is a more efficient way about doing it what do you do?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you failed?   Answer Question

CORP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

had three separate interviews within four hours. First was a group interview with four other candidates while the other two were with two engineers and one hr rep., each separate. first was the behavioral portion followed by the technical part.

Interview Questions

• behaviorial - typical questions you'd expect from any industry
      technical - asked specifically about senior design projects or any working on at the time   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had a short meeting with an HR rep followed by a panel interview. That didn't go well, to put it mildly. Technical questions were easy and trivial however the personal ones were another story. I'm used to working in a male-dominated field and I'm often the only woman in a meeting room however nothing prepared me for a blatantly rude treatment I faced at Samsung.
    The interviewers asked many inappropriate and borderline discriminatory questions such as whether my husband agreed to move to Austin. The potential manager (an American, mind you) asked how many kids do I have. This left me wondering what kind of job I was interviewed for.
    Also, couple more things. They require you to submit a recent pay stub as a part of an application. I did because my pay is at the top of the grade. They couldn't match it, by the way. They needed to make a hire ASAP however they could only schedule a flight for an on-site interview in 2 weeks because of some silly company policy on advance ticket booking.