Samsung Austin Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.8

118 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Corp Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Interview

Applied through Campus Career fair, had one phone screen than an interview on site. The onsite interview was a whole day and then a team activity. Overall pretty standard interview process and nothing dauting.

Verification Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

There was one phone round followed by onsite. Onsite had 5 technical rounds, 1 round with the HR and a lunch. The team gave a clear idea on what work is done and what is expected.

Interview Questions

• Grilled on my current work, System Verilog basics, UVM in depth, Comp Arch questions like Cache coherency.   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview had two rounds one is phone interview where I was asked mostly regarding my resume and the other is Onsite at Austin, Texas where I was tested for all the skills required by the position.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions related to System verilog, UVM, Verilog, Computer Architecture and Design, Testing.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

1st had a phone screening with a third party that just asked some real basic questions. Then a week later had a video interview with hiring manager and two other members of his team. Less than a week after the video interview I got a call from recruiter saying they would like to send me an offer.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I was referred by an external recruiting company and my first step was a phone interview with the hiring manager who asked very insightful questions. After this, I was told there would be video interviews and a final on-site interview. They decided to skip the video interview process with me and I went on-site for a half day of panel interviews. This involved travel arrangements for me since I am not local. That was a tough part of the process for me personally because of flight schedules and my needs. I arrived late evening the night before and got up early for interviews the next morning but I was still working on a different time zone so I was mentally and physically exhausted by end of day. Again, this was mostly due to my travel needs and flights available.

Once on-site the parking was easy for me but it did take the guard station a few minutes to make me a parking pass and they didn't catch that I was there for an interview so they almost routed me the wrong way. It was hot in Austin walking to the building in a suit but that is to be expected. You check in and leave your phone in the lobby with the receptionist.

The on-site interviews were in 45 min to 1-hour segments with a total of 11 people. They are considerate about asking how you got into the building, offering water, offering restroom breaks, etc.

Overall the process completed in two weeks and was very fast and communicative. Although I did not get a job offer what I will say is that I really wanted to be a part of this team. They were also very organized, thorough, and responsive for the most part.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last company?
      Why are you interested in Samsung?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I attended a job fair with multiple open positions. I was given application to fill out, which you were expected to specify a position/area to apply for, so it is helpful to already have that information. I then turned in the application & resume and waited for an interview. There was a large turnout so my wait was 1 hour, but some people had to wait longer to only be sent home without interviewing. The HR personnel and hiring managers were extremely nice. I found the interview to be very comfortable.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview after career fair, then an invitation to a panel interview in Austin, questions were fairly straight forward no curve balls. Definitely know whats on your resume and be able to explain it

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It was smooth. I was asked about my resume, which had work relevant skills and projects like cache coherency, processor design, coding skills. Was asked to code on the board.

Interview Questions

• What is coherency, consistency, difference. How do you ensure them, protocols, practices. How do you verify them (project related stuff). Questions on UVM, SystemVerilog and Verilog   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview with HR asking basic resume questions. Then there was a group interview where we were tasked to solve a problem as a team. Lastly, there was a panel style interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe this project on your resume and any challenges you faced and how you overcame them?   Answer Question
    • If you were under a time constraint and did not know how to solve a problem, what would you do?   Answer Question

Logic Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was very technical and was for 1 hour.
    Covered all the aspects of Digital Design(Front End + Back End).
    The questions were not tricky and straightforward, but covers lot of concepts.
    Expect many questions based on the previous work experience or projects that are in the resume. Better to be prepared with the answers, for the challenges faced in the job/project.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself

Technical Questions
      1) Different ways to implement a mux in Verilog   Answer Question
    • 2) Difference between blocking and non-blocking statements   Answer Question
    • 3) Different ways to close timing
      3b) Timing closure with gates of different W/L ratio.
      3c) Timing closure with gates of different no of inputs. Advantages and Disadvantages.   Answer Question
    • 4) Build different gates using a mux   Answer Question
    • 5) Build inverter and buffer using XOR gate
      6) Use of XOR as comparator
      7) Floorplanning of simple 5 stage pipeline CPU.

Some questions related to Work experience.

Any questions for the interviewer.   Answer Question