Samsung Austin Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.8

Quality and Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

A friend of mine helped me forward my resume to the hiring manager at SAS. I first had a phone interview with the hiring manager, where she asked me about my background and some basic Quality Engineering questions. She then invited me over for an on-site interview.

In the on-site interview, I spoke with two panels. The managerial panel consisted of high ranking managers in the Quality section. They asked detailed questions regarding my previous work and tried to see which position I would be best suited for. Be sure to have good stories and specific examples to recount in case of behavioral questions. The managers were not very responsive to what I was saying, and quite possibly made me screw up half my answers. They made the atmosphere pretty uncomfortable for an interview.

The technical panel consisted of engineers (who would have probably been my colleagues). They asked me questions on my resume. These people were much more responsive and made me feel pretty comfortable.

Overall the interview was decent. It went on for two hours (one hour per panel). The questions they were asking were not exactly tough, but it really made you think very hard on the specifics of whatever you had done previously.

Interview Questions

• Explain a particular example of deviation analysis that you performed. Explain that in as much detail as you can, specifically focusing on what you, as an individual, contributed.   Answer Question

Verification Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

There was one phone round followed by onsite. Onsite had 5 technical rounds, 1 round with the HR and a lunch. The team gave a clear idea on what work is done and what is expected.

Interview Questions

• Grilled on my current work, System Verilog basics, UVM in depth, Comp Arch questions like Cache coherency.   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview had two rounds one is phone interview where I was asked mostly regarding my resume and the other is Onsite at Austin, Texas where I was tested for all the skills required by the position.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions related to System verilog, UVM, Verilog, Computer Architecture and Design, Testing.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I was referred by an external recruiting company and my first step was a phone interview with the hiring manager who asked very insightful questions. After this, I was told there would be video interviews and a final on-site interview. They decided to skip the video interview process with me and I went on-site for a half day of panel interviews. This involved travel arrangements for me since I am not local. That was a tough part of the process for me personally because of flight schedules and my needs. I arrived late evening the night before and got up early for interviews the next morning but I was still working on a different time zone so I was mentally and physically exhausted by end of day. Again, this was mostly due to my travel needs and flights available.

Once on-site the parking was easy for me but it did take the guard station a few minutes to make me a parking pass and they didn't catch that I was there for an interview so they almost routed me the wrong way. It was hot in Austin walking to the building in a suit but that is to be expected. You check in and leave your phone in the lobby with the receptionist.

The on-site interviews were in 45 min to 1-hour segments with a total of 11 people. They are considerate about asking how you got into the building, offering water, offering restroom breaks, etc.

Overall the process completed in two weeks and was very fast and communicative. Although I did not get a job offer what I will say is that I really wanted to be a part of this team. They were also very organized, thorough, and responsive for the most part.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last company?
      Why are you interested in Samsung?   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It was smooth. I was asked about my resume, which had work relevant skills and projects like cache coherency, processor design, coding skills. Was asked to code on the board.

Interview Questions

• What is coherency, consistency, difference. How do you ensure them, protocols, practices. How do you verify them (project related stuff). Questions on UVM, SystemVerilog and Verilog   Answer Question

Material Owner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in June 2016.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter after applying online. Passed the first round and then moved on to the next phone interview with the engineer. The interview was technical and was focused on previous relatable experience with statistical process control and problem solving procedures (8D etc). The interview was very monotonous and was a serious type of interview. Heavily focused on the 'how'.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found a defect in the disc   1 Answer

CORP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

had three separate interviews within four hours. First was a group interview with four other candidates while the other two were with two engineers and one hr rep., each separate. first was the behavioral portion followed by the technical part.

Interview Questions

• behaviorial - typical questions you'd expect from any industry
      technical - asked specifically about senior design projects or any working on at the time   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

The day the interview was scheduled i went to the fab plant, First was the interview which took about 30 minutes, everyone else said they got easy question. There were 2-3 people interviewing you. Then there was a 45 minute tour around the facility which was quite impressive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something you have done with your degree outside of school.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had a short meeting with an HR rep followed by a panel interview. That didn't go well, to put it mildly. Technical questions were easy and trivial however the personal ones were another story. I'm used to working in a male-dominated field and I'm often the only woman in a meeting room however nothing prepared me for a blatantly rude treatment I faced at Samsung.
    The interviewers asked many inappropriate and borderline discriminatory questions such as whether my husband agreed to move to Austin. The potential manager (an American, mind you) asked how many kids do I have. This left me wondering what kind of job I was interviewed for.
    Also, couple more things. They require you to submit a recent pay stub as a part of an application. I did because my pay is at the top of the grade. They couldn't match it, by the way. They needed to make a hire ASAP however they could only schedule a flight for an on-site interview in 2 weeks because of some silly company policy on advance ticket booking.

HVAC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a 1 hour phone interview where i was asked to go into some detail with something i worked on. Then i was flown to Austin (all expenses paid for) to have an in person interview. I spoke to an HR for about 20 mins about the company and the city, then sat down with 3 senior members of the HVAC engineering team. I was asked again to go into great detail about any technical subject of my choosing, and they gave me a marker and white board to use. They would jump in with questions whenever they had them.

Interview Questions

• Give an explanation of any technical subject that you're familiar with and go into as much detail as you can.   Answer Question