Samsung Austin Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.8

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It was smooth. I was asked about my resume, which had work relevant skills and projects like cache coherency, processor design, coding skills. Was asked to code on the board.

Interview Questions

• What is coherency, consistency, difference. How do you ensure them, protocols, practices. How do you verify them (project related stuff). Questions on UVM, SystemVerilog and Verilog   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

1st had a phone screening with a third party that just asked some real basic questions. Then a week later had a video interview with hiring manager and two other members of his team. Less than a week after the video interview I got a call from recruiter saying they would like to send me an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I attended a job fair with multiple open positions. I was given application to fill out, which you were expected to specify a position/area to apply for, so it is helpful to already have that information. I then turned in the application & resume and waited for an interview. There was a large turnout so my wait was 1 hour, but some people had to wait longer to only be sent home without interviewing. The HR personnel and hiring managers were extremely nice. I found the interview to be very comfortable.

Manufacturing Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Round table with 3 and then another set of 3 immediately. The questions were the typical interview questions. Such as tell me about a time you did not agree with managers decision.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based. Tell me about a time.....   1 Answer

Logic Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was very technical and was for 1 hour.
    Covered all the aspects of Digital Design(Front End + Back End).
    The questions were not tricky and straightforward, but covers lot of concepts.
    Expect many questions based on the previous work experience or projects that are in the resume. Better to be prepared with the answers, for the challenges faced in the job/project.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself

Technical Questions
      1) Different ways to implement a mux in Verilog
    • 2) Difference between blocking and non-blocking statements   Answer Question
    • 3) Different ways to close timing
      3b) Timing closure with gates of different W/L ratio.
      3c) Timing closure with gates of different no of inputs. Advantages and Disadvantages.
    • 4) Build different gates using a mux   Answer Question
    • 5) Build inverter and buffer using XOR gate
      6) Use of XOR as comparator
      7) Floorplanning of simple 5 stage pipeline CPU.

Some questions related to Work experience.

Any questions for the interviewer.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview with HR asking basic resume questions. Then there was a group interview where we were tasked to solve a problem as a team. Lastly, there was a panel style interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe this project on your resume and any challenges you faced and how you overcame them?   Answer Question
    • If you were under a time constraint and did not know how to solve a problem, what would you do?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

BEWARE

I had a standard phone interview with an outside hiring company that SAS contracts out their initial screenings to. It went well. I then had an hour phone interview with the hiring manager which went well. I then had an on-site interview where I was promised that my travel expenses would be reimbursed; and that was expected since it's standard industry practice. That was 2 months ago and SAS is refusing to reimburse any of the related interview expenses. The expenses were less than $50 so it's not a huge deal, but it disgraces their entire company since they are liars and thieves. I submitted my reimbursement form exactly as requested and have attempted to contact their HR representatives multiple times via phone and email - they don't answer the phones, don't respond to voicemails, and never reply to emails. I have never experienced such a terrible HR process in my life.

If you interview with them BEWARE you may never be reimbursed for any travel/interview expenses.

Interview Questions

• On-site had two hour long interviews, one was "explain a technical concept" the second interview was behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Corp Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

You have 3 different interviews in 3 different rooms.
    1 Technical and 2 Behavioral. Just be yourself. Be relatable. Show that you can work with other people. Be confident.
    The behavioral one is a panel session. Its you in a room with 4 other interviewers. They will ask you typical "what will you do in this situation or in that situation" type questions.

Analysis Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I was lead into a room with several other interviewers and spent the next 40ish minutes in an interview. There were all members of the team I would be working with. Basic science knowledge was assessed through questions and I was asked to explain my experience. The interview was conducted by a variety of workers.

Interview Questions

• Why is silicon a good material to be used in electronics?   Answer Question

CORP Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Initially you I received a phone call, answered a few short basic behavioral questions, and then I was invited and briefed on the Interview Process. It is two days, the first day you get a tour of the facilities and dinner. The second day consists of a leaderless interview, before two separate interviews in no particular order, the first is mainly behavioral, and the second is technical. They really are not trying to trip anyone up, just be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to assemble a team of people in order to accomplish a task.   Answer Question