Samsung Austin Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.8

Facilities Administror Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with recruiters from SAS at a job fair in Jan. I gave them recruiters my resume and they provided me with the POC for HR about the position. I contacted the HR recruiter and soon as the job was posted on the Samsung Career website they let me know and I applied for it.

I applied for the job in mid Feb. and a few weeks later I received a email to set up an onsite visit and interview in Austin at SAS, when I arrived I had to be checked in and escorted around the facility. I met with the HR recruiter and we sat for about 15 mins to go over some paperwork I was told to bring.

After that I met with a panel and the interview wasn't bad at all it was laid back and they basically asked me questions about my military experience, my resume, and behavioral questions took about an 1-2 hour.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing I didn't like about my previous job?   1 Answer

CORP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

had three separate interviews within four hours. First was a group interview with four other candidates while the other two were with two engineers and one hr rep., each separate. first was the behavioral portion followed by the technical part.

Interview Questions

• behaviorial - typical questions you'd expect from any industry
      technical - asked specifically about senior design projects or any working on at the time
      Answer Question

Corp Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

First day was tour of Samsung facilities with a speech from a high level executive, then a dinner. Second day was interviews. First interview discussed senior design. Second interview was strictly behavioral questions. Third interview was leaderless interview. Basically you needed to solve an air pressure/electrical system with another partner in 30 min. Actually fun.

Interview Questions

• If your boss asks you to do something and there is a more efficient way about doing it what do you do?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you failed?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had a short meeting with an HR rep followed by a panel interview. That didn't go well, to put it mildly. Technical questions were easy and trivial however the personal ones were another story. I'm used to working in a male-dominated field and I'm often the only woman in a meeting room however nothing prepared me for a blatantly rude treatment I faced at Samsung.
    The interviewers asked many inappropriate and borderline discriminatory questions such as whether my husband agreed to move to Austin. The potential manager (an American, mind you) asked how many kids do I have. This left me wondering what kind of job I was interviewed for.
    Also, couple more things. They require you to submit a recent pay stub as a part of an application. I did because my pay is at the top of the grade. They couldn't match it, by the way. They needed to make a hire ASAP however they could only schedule a flight for an on-site interview in 2 weeks because of some silly company policy on advance ticket booking.

Analysis Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I was lead into a room with several other interviewers and spent the next 40ish minutes in an interview. There were all members of the team I would be working with. Basic science knowledge was assessed through questions and I was asked to explain my experience. The interview was conducted by a variety of workers.

Interview Questions

• Why is silicon a good material to be used in electronics?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

i cant believe it prior to the face to face.. they even ask me to fill in a Application form where they need my SSN... why the heck do u need my SSN for when i am not even firm i get the job...

pay stub request is not right... they should not even ask that... until i am firm and they wish to offer based on my skills and experience.. not based on my past salary.

Interview Questions

• What is the toughest task u met.. and how do you handle failures in the team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not willing

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter.
    Had an initial phone screen where questions were asked about my current job, the experience I had received that were applicable to the job I applied for and some behavioral questions as well. (Nothing too difficult.
    Next, I was scheduled for a phone screen with the engineering manager and a second senior engineer on the team I was joining. The interview was for about 30 minutes and was of average difficulty. It was a mixture of technical and behavioral questions.
    Immediately after the phone interview I was informed that they would like to bring me onsite. Which they booked for 3 weeks ahead.
    The onsite interview was two hours long. The first hour was from a battery of four senior engineers in the group. A lot of technical questions (nothing too difficult) and some behavioral questions.
    Second hour was with a couple of senior managers. In the second hour, the managers mostly asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the types of variation in a control chart?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They refused to negotiate the salary.

HVAC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a 1 hour phone interview where i was asked to go into some detail with something i worked on. Then i was flown to Austin (all expenses paid for) to have an in person interview. I spoke to an HR for about 20 mins about the company and the city, then sat down with 3 senior members of the HVAC engineering team. I was asked again to go into great detail about any technical subject of my choosing, and they gave me a marker and white board to use. They would jump in with questions whenever they had them.

Interview Questions

• Give an explanation of any technical subject that you're familiar with and go into as much detail as you can.   Answer Question

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Mostly behavioral interview style. Technical questions on basic knowledge. Questions about personal experiences and how they may be applied to this job. Expect a meeting with HR about benefits and compensation. This is the time to negotiate. An offer letter will then be presented for you to sign.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on basic knowledge. Questions about personal experiences and how they may be applied to this job.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process came very quickly after I applied and met different employees of HR. There were no technical questions- they just went through my resume. It seems like they want to know what type of person you are, how you could make their company better.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever faced a difficult situation? Explain how you succeeded.   Answer Question