Samsung Austin Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Samsung Austin Semiconductor Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.8

Material Owner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in June 2016.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter after applying online. Passed the first round and then moved on to the next phone interview with the engineer. The interview was technical and was focused on previous relatable experience with statistical process control and problem solving procedures (8D etc). The interview was very monotonous and was a serious type of interview. Heavily focused on the 'how'.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found a defect in the disc   1 Answer

CORP Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Initially you I received a phone call, answered a few short basic behavioral questions, and then I was invited and briefed on the Interview Process. It is two days, the first day you get a tour of the facilities and dinner. The second day consists of a leaderless interview, before two separate interviews in no particular order, the first is mainly behavioral, and the second is technical. They really are not trying to trip anyone up, just be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to assemble a team of people in order to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Corp Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

I met them at an university career fair. They asked me a few screening questions and afterward invited me to come to Austin. At first the process was intimidating, but after the first day of tours, that feeling was gone.

Tip: Prepare and practice your presentations to the two panels. Practice in front of friends, family, and even campus career advisers if they are available. Get to the point that both become conversational.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that you had to do deal with conflict within a team.   Answer Question

Corp Engineer Process Entry Level Interview

Interview

1 phone interview. They called me and asked 2 behavioral questions. Screening my resume. Then they invited me to go to austin. The overall process is chilled. Not too technical.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I met them at career fair. They told me that I am selected for the interview right away. Later I was invited to the interview by Email. The first day was the fab tour and dinner with current employees. The dinner was nice. The second day was with managers and we were divided to groups of 4.

Interview Questions

• 1 behavioral, 1 your past experience and 1 an easy hands on   Answer Question

CORP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Interview

So the process took about one week for me. There were two interviews, one at my college and one on site. The one at my school was strictly behavioral, and the one on site was more in depth behavioral and somewhat technical, but not really. The interview was definitely on the easy side.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions asked were basic behavioral i.e. What's your greatest skill? Your flaws? If you were working on a project with all available resources being applied and there was no way to finish on time, what do you do? What something you've learned that you have used to solve a problem? Talk about something that you've made better. Talk about some of your failures. How do you deal with team members?
      There weren't really any "real" technical questions, just asked about senior design.   Answer Question

Facilities Administror Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with recruiters from SAS at a job fair in Jan. I gave them recruiters my resume and they provided me with the POC for HR about the position. I contacted the HR recruiter and soon as the job was posted on the Samsung Career website they let me know and I applied for it.

I applied for the job in mid Feb. and a few weeks later I received a email to set up an onsite visit and interview in Austin at SAS, when I arrived I had to be checked in and escorted around the facility. I met with the HR recruiter and we sat for about 15 mins to go over some paperwork I was told to bring.

After that I met with a panel and the interview wasn't bad at all it was laid back and they basically asked me questions about my military experience, my resume, and behavioral questions took about an 1-2 hour.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing I didn't like about my previous job?   1 Answer

Corp Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

First day was tour of Samsung facilities with a speech from a high level executive, then a dinner. Second day was interviews. First interview discussed senior design. Second interview was strictly behavioral questions. Third interview was leaderless interview. Basically you needed to solve an air pressure/electrical system with another partner in 30 min. Actually fun.

Interview Questions

• If your boss asks you to do something and there is a more efficient way about doing it what do you do?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you failed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

had three separate interviews within four hours. First was a group interview with four other candidates while the other two were with two engineers and one hr rep., each separate. first was the behavioral portion followed by the technical part.

Interview Questions

• behaviorial - typical questions you'd expect from any industry
      technical - asked specifically about senior design projects or any working on at the time   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had a short meeting with an HR rep followed by a panel interview. That didn't go well, to put it mildly. Technical questions were easy and trivial however the personal ones were another story. I'm used to working in a male-dominated field and I'm often the only woman in a meeting room however nothing prepared me for a blatantly rude treatment I faced at Samsung.
    The interviewers asked many inappropriate and borderline discriminatory questions such as whether my husband agreed to move to Austin. The potential manager (an American, mind you) asked how many kids do I have. This left me wondering what kind of job I was interviewed for.
    Also, couple more things. They require you to submit a recent pay stub as a part of an application. I did because my pay is at the top of the grade. They couldn't match it, by the way. They needed to make a hire ASAP however they could only schedule a flight for an on-site interview in 2 weeks because of some silly company policy on advance ticket booking.