Samsung Austin Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Samsung Austin Semiconductor Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

The day the interview was scheduled i went to the fab plant, First was the interview which took about 30 minutes, everyone else said they got easy question. There were 2-3 people interviewing you. Then there was a 45 minute tour around the facility which was quite impressive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something you have done with your degree outside of school.   Answer Question

Metals Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews with basic questions regarding work history and problem solving followed by a third on-site interview with two panels of management / engineers. Asked questions about the semi-conductor industry as well as what changes I had made in my current place of employment. They will reimburse you for any expenses incurred as well.

Interview Questions

• Numerous questions regarding overcoming diversity, biggest challenges faced, etc.
      Asked general questions with a few questions regarding basic things about the semi-conductor industry that I learned in college.
      1 Answer

Innovation Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by the HR manager via Linked In. Spoke with him on the phone for about 20 minutes, then with the hiring manager. Was flown in for an onsite interview which lasted about 2 hours

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational/behavior based questions, and some questions regarding my project management experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really need to negotiate anything, the offer was for more than I had expected in every area

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy going interviews... Do a little research about Samsung AS before you apply please. Nothing is more annoying to the interviewers than someone who comes in and is like "oh my goodness I applied here because I just love samsung products, weeee! I love the idea of assembling phones and refigerators!"

Just sell yourself, give specific examples of how you have done something at work or in school similar to what they are asking you. Don't be afraid to ask them questions!!!

Corp Engineer (Summer) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in May 2015.

Interview

The first interview was held at my college, then a second onsite. There wasn't really any technical questions, but rather just telling about past projects and judging of character. How well you'll communicate and work in a group, how you handle group conflicts, how you handle failure, how you handle a Kobayashi Maru scenario. There were two guys who handled the interview, neither of whom seemed all that excited about it. They were also trying to gauge how well you work in a fast paced environment.

Interview Questions

• What's something that you made better?   1 Answer

SARC Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Opening posted on LinkedIn. Applied online directly. Received invitation for phone interview about a week later from the manager. No references whatsoever, hence I'm impressed by Samsung that they actually respond to applications submitted online, unlike other companies.

Interview Questions

• 1. Regions of operation of inverter. What is the application of region of operation where both NMOS and PMOS are saturated.
      2. Why current constant in saturation region of operation of transistor?
      3. Input combination cases for worst and best subthreshold leakage in NAND2.
      4. Further questions on project.
      1 Answer

Corp Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

You have 3 different interviews in 3 different rooms.
    1 Technical and 2 Behavioral. Just be yourself. Be relatable. Show that you can work with other people. Be confident.
    The behavioral one is a panel session. Its you in a room with 4 other interviewers. They will ask you typical "what will you do in this situation or in that situation" type questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Interview

The process was very simple and straight. The questions were non technical. They asked about my previous projects as an undergrad, what types of conflicts I had to overcome, times when I failed and how I reacted to those failures, my previous work history, and lastly; why do you want to work at Samsung?

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Interview

One technical interview with one interviewer for around 1 hour. At first got an email from the recruiter. Then a phone interview is arranged according to my preferred day and time. Interview was mostly based on the resume.

Interview Questions

• Q. How one can find out the number of level in the page table?
      Q. What are the basic things one needs to take care of while writing a driver?
      Q. Some basic questions about android architecture.
      Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Edison, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

some technical questions with one manager for 1 hour. At first got an email from the manager. Then a phone interview is arranged according to my preferred day and time. Interview was mostly based on the resume.

Interview Questions

• General behavior questions like strength, weakness, tell me yourself, etc., and working experience   Answer Question