Samsung Austin Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.8

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Edison, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

some technical questions with one manager for 1 hour. At first got an email from the manager. Then a phone interview is arranged according to my preferred day and time. Interview was mostly based on the resume.

Interview Questions

• General behavior questions like strength, weakness, tell me yourself, etc., and working experience   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Got the interview at UT's engineering career fair in early Spring 2015. Went to the interview in March 2015 right before spring break. Got the call for the offer about a day later.

Interview Questions

• General questions about situations you've encountered and personality   Answer Question

Process Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

An area process engineer initially screened me on the phone for 20 or more minutes, basically focusing on my experience and asking some specifics about job roles I had held in the past. He then encouraged me to ask questions about the company and the area he worked in. He was very professional and straightforward when answering my questions. The phone interview was very positive. The HR representative called me within four days to schedule an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• There were two panels of four engineers/managers that interviewed me. The questions mostly pertained to my past experience as I had 16 years job related experience. Technical questions were related to defect knowledge and an equipment question to draw a rough sketch of a process control I loop parameter in block form. A few behavioral questions concerning working in a team environment. They were interested in my ability to mentor and train younger engineers and my style of training. I was given the opportunity to ask questions about the area to which I applied and the hiring manager asked what I considered to be the definition of an 'ideal' manager.   2 Answers
    • Draw a rough block diagram of a pressure control loop system in a process vacuum tool.   1 Answer

I received another offer from a company in the city I was living in at the time. Rather than relocate, I decided to stay put as my wife also had been hired for a full time position in her field of expertise. However, I was leaning heavily toward Samsung as their offer and compensation were excellent! The professionalism of the HR representative and engineering staff was definitely a step function better than any of the other companies that I applied and interviewed with. They left a strong impression upon me and I would have eagerly dived into their problems as they presented a strong team approach to problem resolution.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Champaign, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through career fair. Interviewer was nice, She asked some questions at the fair and called for 30 min interview the next day. Some questions from my previous projects.
     How good you are at Python, Though I wrote the complete code in C++(next day). (This interview had very architecture oriented questions because my interests lie in that, but my other friends also had similar questions.)

Interview Questions

• What is cache coherence?
      Difference between stack and heap?
       Hazards? Types of Hazarads, Explain ?
      Branch Prediction?
       Virtual Memory?
       TLB?
       Pipeline Explain?
       Out of order execution?
       Verilog? DVFS?
      Set Associativity Vs Full Associativity (with an example)
       Print linked list in reverse order without changing the list.
      Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Behavioral based questions were the most dominant questions asked in the interview. They really are very personable and try to make the experience a good one. They want you to answer questions with specific experiences. They will also ask questions about things that appear on your resume, so be prepared to discuss previous employment.

Printer Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I was met at the front lobby by two gentlemen. I was then taken into one of the conference rooms in the building for the interview. Interview was not very long. I was asked some technical questions, but mostly about my past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Work ethic. Personal projects. Group work.   1 Answer

PIE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I have got email from engineer and make schedule to phone interview among several option. And they ask me a few personal questions and technical question. What is difficulty in your degree? whether research or personal relationship. and basic technical question about threshold voltage related question and S/D properties

Interview Questions

• What is difficulty in your degree? whether research or personal relationship. and basic technical question about threshold voltage related question and S/D properties   Answer Question

Corp Engineer Interview

Interview

Starts out by information session and then a dinner. The second day consist of being interviewed by to different panels of supervisors, group project and tour of the facility. The question consist of behavioral questions and some technical to figure out how you approached the problem and solved.

Interview Questions

• What would be the best area for you to work in. Hard to say coming out of college and not knowing exactly which area you want to focus on right away. The CORP helps you to figure out which area is best for you but to answer it during an interview is difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Multiple behavioral interviews, a presentation on a project, and a leader less interview. The night before is a dinner where you meet some executives. The leader less interview is a test where you are given a schematic without any direction and told to find the parts from the given parts and to build the device on the schematic.

Interview Questions

• Name a project where it did not succeed and why? What could you have done differently to make this project a success.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

-Applied through the career center at the university. Be sure to include a cover letter, resume, and transcript. Also be sure to link in your LinkedIn account through your samsung career account.
    -Received an email a couple of weeks later from a recruiter about a possible phone interview. In the email they asked several questions about your GPA, availability, expected salary, and if your legally allowed to work in the U.S.
    -Had a phone interview a week later basically asking the same questions. Recruiter asked why you wanted to work at SAS and if you have done any research in semiconductor materials.
    -Had interview 2 months later onsite at SAS. The first day consisted of a group presentation about the company and employee benefits. We then drove down to a restaurant to eat dinner with several current engineers and executives. Be sure to ask questions and ask for some advice. Really good people to talk to and are very helpful.
    -Second day actually consisted of onsite interview itself. Two panel interviews with first panel about your senior design project and the other behavioral questions. Be sure to include lots of real life examples for each question asked. Then was given a tour of the FAB and continued over the employee benefits. Then the last part of the interview was a group interview. Each group was tasked with a project and had to show teamwork. The interview concluded from there.
    -Received a phone call a week later and accepted offer.
    -The interviewer were really nice and were really happy to answer any questions during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about you design project.
      2. Tell me about a time you used your engineering knowledge to solve a problem outside of school.
      3. Tell me about a time when you were in a difficult situation. How did you handle it?
      4. Tell me how you would learn something in 5 days.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't need to negotiate. Very fair and competitive pay.