Samsung Electronics America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.8

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview

I applied to the Sr. Manager role in October, and was contacted right away to interview for a Manager role(not the role I applied for). First call with HR was very standard. For the second call, I waited for 10 minutes before hanging up. They emailed me concerned about why I had not called ?!?!? I didn't want to go through a job change before end of the year, so I postponed the process for a month. I had the phone interview at the beginning of the new year, and was asked to go for an in person interview. I met with the hiring manager and the director. In person interview seemed overly casual, no deep or difficult questions. I can only assume they had made up their minds before I showed up. 3 months later I still haven't received yes/no ansewers

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with competing priories.
      Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person/co-worker   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Mountain View, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter. It took a long time to schedule an interview. I was given a home test. After completing it, another excruciating back and forth to schedule a technical phone interview. When it finally happened, I was asked a simple string manipulation question. About a month has passed and I never heard back from the recruiter or the company.

Bilingual Administrative Assistance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Mountain View, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

One of the interviewers. who obviously came from Korea not that long ago conducted the interview process in a very Korean way. His attitude was not professional and can be a BIG problem in American culture. Other than him, the rest of the team remained professional.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Ridgefield Park, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

Met with 6 different people in one interview. Went very well. They took my references, called them. I spoke with my refrences- they all thought I would get an offer. Never heard back ANYTHING.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Mountain View, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with recruiter followed by phone interview with another Program Manager. Both went well, but no communication for over 10 days. Then they ask me to come in for personal interview the very next day. I made the time to go in. The interview went well, but the hiring manager was not to be seen. Some of the interviewers were not technical at all. Then there has been no communication at all, inspite of me sending reminders to send me at least a yes or a no. That was not professional at all.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about program management. My work in managing multiple projects; knowing technical details, following up. risk management. release management   Answer Question

IOT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a phone call interview in summer 2016. Unfortunately, the interview spoke too much and did not ask enough questions to dig out my backgrounds and experiences. As to the position, I did not get a clear picture about how the company is to focus its energy on specific area or application.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in IoT and how do you contribute to Samsung's IoT development?   Answer Question

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Ridgefield Park, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

This is one of the worst interview experiences I have ever had. I have interviewed with a number of different companies such as Apple, Google, Intel, Amazon, etc. and this was the worst experience that I have had.

First, I applied online for a "Strategic Sourcing Manger" role.

About two weeks later, I was contacted by "Recruiter A" for the initial phone screening. During the interview, the position title changed from "Strategic Sourcing Manager" to "Procurement Manager". I decided to continue with the interview process despite the title change.

After the initial phone screening, a video interview was scheduled by "Recruiter B". The video interview was conducted between myself, the manager I would report to, and one of the team members from Ridgefield Park, NJ.

I was then contacted by "Recruiter B" letting me know that "Recruiter A" had left the company, but that the interview had gone well and I would be receiving an invite for a second-round video interview.

The second-round video interview was conducted by a more senior member within the company based out of Dallas as well as an HR representative. At the very end of the almost hour-long interview, the senior member asked me if I would be interested in a "Sourcing Specialist" role. I let him know that I was more interested in the Managerial role but would definitely be open to the Sourcing Specialist role if he believed it to be a better fit.

After this, I received no communications from Samsung. I reached out to the "Recruiter B" about a week later asking what the verdict was. This recruiter did not respond to me. I waited about another week and emailed the recruiter again. Still no response. After that, I phoned the recruiter a couple of days later and left a voicemail. This recruiter still did not respond to me. I found another recruiters email "Recruiter C" cc'd onto one of Recruiter B's emails. I emailed this person and after a short time-frame received the following message:

"Thanks for reaching out. You have some impressive skills but we have decided to go in a different direction thanks so much for your time!"

I responded to the "Recruiter C" asking if he could call me (so that I could discuss the potential Sourcing Specialist role with him). This recruiter did not call me and did not even give me the courtesy of replying to me.

In conclusion, Samsung first pulled a "bait and switch" with the title change. Then they led me on for multiple weeks with various rounds of interviewing only to let me know that I potentially didn't have enough years of experience at the end of the third interview (something that interviewer 1 or 2 could have easily screened me out for instead of leading me on for multiple weeks in a row). Then, they did not even have the decency to notify me/let me know that they would not be pursuing my candidacy. I had to email and phone multiple times to finally get someone to respond to me. Then at the end, I wasn't even given the courtesy of a phone call.

I am deeply unimpressed and incredibly disappointed by Samsung and how the recruiters chose to conduct themselves.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a category management/strategic sourcing event.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview

I applied on Monday on line and was immediately contacted to conduct a phone screen. I set an appointment for that Friday but the recruiter postponed it to Monday. She didn't call me and after 15 minutes of waiting I called her. the phone screen lasted about 20-25 minutes because she had to go. Then I got an immediate an invite for a phone interview, had 2 phone interviews but the process has stalled.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by a recruiter within a week, then setup a video/phone interview with the hiring manager(RM). All behavior based questions, then opportunity was given to ask any questions I had. Few days later received the email of panel interview at the main HQ in Dallas. Recruiter was very helpful setting up the whole process although I will advise against flying AA, flights are always delayed. Panel interview was again behavioral questions. Few days later heard back from recruiter and bad news was given, not selected, which was disappointing given my passion for working at Samsung, wireless industry background and prior DM experience. I would guess they were looking to fill a very specific box, nonetheless, it was a great experience. Got the opportunity to learn more about a brand I am passionate about, interacted with few elite professionals and visited Samsung HQ, selected or not, I am thankful for the opportunity!

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interview questions, "tell me about a time" or "give me an example of"   Answer Question

Senior Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Ridgefield Park, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

The process took 4 and a half months from application to end. One phone screening, one phone interview and two in person interviews. Interviews were constantly cancelled in a very last minute fashion/or panelists didn't show (I.e. Already dialed-in to a conference line at the start time of the interview) and interviewers were rarely prepared to interview me (no specific questions about my experience prepared). After my final interview with senior leadership, I was contacted by the recruiter multiple times to let me know they were very interested, asked when I could start and if I would pull my application from other jobs if they were to make an offer. I followed up several times over the next couple of weeks and was eventually emailed back that they decided to hire internally for the role.