Samsung Electronics America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

174 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Austin, TX).

Interview

panel interview, tough, panel team appeared stressed out, everyone had a list of questions to ask but they questions appeared to be personal to them, not a 'joint' interview - disjointed, hard to tell what company is like

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years, tell us about a mistake you made   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in April 2017.

Interview

Be sure to prepare and practice for it will pay off during this lengthy interview process!

Regarding questions by Samsung:
    If you do not understand a question, be sure to ask questions that will help you focus your answer. Most interviewers will ask good, open-ended questions that will let you give information about your background. What past experiences have you had that speak to B2B sales and the electronics industry? Keep that in mind.

Regarding questions for Samsung:
    Again, this is where your preparation and practice will pay off. Prepare a list of questions for the interviewer ahead of time. Be certain you don’t ask questions that you asked previously of different interviewers. However, it is fine to ask for additional information or interpretation of information. Clarify any aspects of the position through your questions. Just as you want the interviewer to ask you open-ended questions, your questions
    should be stated in such a way that you will receive helpful information from the interviewer.

Closing:
    As with the introduction, the closing will be a small part of the interview, but also a very
    important part. Before end the phone and/or video conversation, verify contact information for the interviewer. They most likely will not give it to you and you'll have to forward your thank you to your recruiter contact. Also, verify the next step in the hiring process and express your appreciation.

Interview Questions

• What drives your interest in Samsung and tell us about our product line solutions.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview

I applied to the Sr. Manager role in October, and was contacted right away to interview for a Manager role(not the role I applied for). First call with HR was very standard. For the second call, I waited for 10 minutes before hanging up. They emailed me concerned about why I had not called ?!?!? I didn't want to go through a job change before end of the year, so I postponed the process for a month. I had the phone interview at the beginning of the new year, and was asked to go for an in person interview. I met with the hiring manager and the director. In person interview seemed overly casual, no deep or difficult questions. I can only assume they had made up their minds before I showed up. 3 months later I still haven't received yes/no ansewers

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with competing priories.
      Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person/co-worker   Answer Question

Software Engineer - Front End Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Good. They let me ask my questions and they answered. And then I answered their questions. Most of the hard questions were at the start of the interview process. It started with a coding challenge that was sent out to candidates, then the hiring manager sifted through the results and did a phone screen. Then, the onsite came around about a week later. The onsite was a mix of conversation and coding, javascript mastery, framework questions, and maths, the nature of all of which would depend on what position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string without using any native JS functions or data structures.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview

Was sent offer after phone interview that lasted 30 minutes. Received call from manager describing the offer and reviewing commissions and all the benefits. Since I hesitated in accepting, they came back and offered a signing bonus.

Senior Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Samsung sure wants to make sure they have the right people... There were a total of 6 interviews with the last being the most difficult. There was the standard HR phone screen, then an interview with hiring manager, then peer, then hiring manager again, then phone screen hiring managers boss, then an in person rotation of all employees on team.

Interview Questions

• What separates Samsung from competitors? Why Samsung? Typical interview stuff   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Professionally managed, responded quickly to provide next steps, open to any questions, started with recruiter screening, then HR, then hiring manager, then One over managers(2) - some in person and some on phone. Calls were weeks apart from each other, so process takes time.

Interview Questions

• Can you share examples of success and failure?   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Mountain View, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter. It took a long time to schedule an interview. I was given a home test. After completing it, another excruciating back and forth to schedule a technical phone interview. When it finally happened, I was asked a simple string manipulation question. About a month has passed and I never heard back from the recruiter or the company.

Technical Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by Recruiter, scheduled interview, we both decided there was value in moving forward to the 2nd interview. 2nd was an in person (live) interview with Managers from the group.

Interview Questions

• Not going to provide this information, as they are of a technical nature.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Overall hiring process was very straight forward. Quick and easy questions to answer since all of questions were related to my previous experience and my work ethic/style. I was interviewed twice on the phone before I fly to Dallas for the final interview. Then, i had two interviews one with working level colleagues and manager and senior manager/director.