Samsung Electronics America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Samsung Electronics America Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.8

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview

I applied on Monday on line and was immediately contacted to conduct a phone screen. I set an appointment for that Friday but the recruiter postponed it to Monday. She didn't call me and after 15 minutes of waiting I called her. the phone screen lasted about 20-25 minutes because she had to go. Then I got an immediate an invite for a phone interview, had 2 phone interviews but the process has stalled.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in March 2016.

Interview

I was given a phone screen, then was given an online video interview.
    The phone screen asked basic questions just to make sure that I didn't lie about anything on the resume and that I'm a normal person.
    The online video interview was just a little longer than an hour. I was given a few very challenging questions about Java EE, but the recruiter gave a heads up so I studied beforehand and could answer a few of them. The technical questions part was short, but the personality questions part was longer. This is an intern position, so I assume they expect candidates to be less technical and look more towards the candidates' personality and how they work in group settings. Still, the in-depth technical questions took me by surprise.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge that you had in your life and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • How do you validate a Java bean in a MVC model with a frontal controller?   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Richardson, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

One phone screen with recruiting, two phone interviews with team leads, a 6 person panel interview in-person in Richardson, followed by one week of waiting, and then an offer. They onboarded everyone 3 weeks later. The whole process took from February 24th to March 20th from phone screen to offer, plus three weeks until start.

Interview Questions

• When a product reaches market saturation, how do you still increase market share?   1 Answer

Software Tool Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Richardson, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Good and healthy interview process... First i was interviewed by recruiter who asked me behavioural questions. It started with brief intro about company and how am i fit to the position and questions regarding programming experience. The next interview call invovled techincal group.i was asked to brief about projects and then questions were asked in that area. Few questions related to skill sets.

Na Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Multiple interviewers; phone and in person. Expectations are high. Practical demonstration of skills requested by one interviewer. Interviewers are welcoming, friendly and professional. Efficiency is easily noticed. Employees in the office seemed happy.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

there are three rounds of interview. overall it was a pleasant experience. interview is mostly based on behavior question. Everyone on the team you are going to be in will interview you to see how well you can get along with the rest of the team

Interview Questions

• would you prefer being a follower or a leader in a group discussion/ team project   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview

Day full of interviews. While the process was long and tough it was a great learning experience. The interviewers knew what they were looking for and asked valuable questions to match the employee to the job opening.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience and why you would be a good fit for this position.   Answer Question

MBA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ridgefield Park, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Ridgefield Park, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Received a call asking if I had time to chat for 20 minutes or so. I was busy, so we talked later in the day; this was the HR phone screen, I believe. I was told that the next round was 1on1 interviews with the team, and then I'd receive a response. I was set up with 3 consecutive video chat 30 minute interviews with different members of the team I was interviewing for. It felt informal; some of the interviews were essentially just a "get to know you" conversation. Some days later, I received an invite to another video chat interview with no clarification on the process (clarified it myself). After this 30 minute interview with the head of the team, I was sent an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite product? What is something you would change about it? Why and how?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a better relocation reimbursement offer

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by a recruiter within a week, then setup a video/phone interview with the hiring manager(RM). All behavior based questions, then opportunity was given to ask any questions I had. Few days later received the email of panel interview at the main HQ in Dallas. Recruiter was very helpful setting up the whole process although I will advise against flying AA, flights are always delayed. Panel interview was again behavioral questions. Few days later heard back from recruiter and bad news was given, not selected, which was disappointing given my passion for working at Samsung, wireless industry background and prior DM experience. I would guess they were looking to fill a very specific box, nonetheless, it was a great experience. Got the opportunity to learn more about a brand I am passionate about, interacted with few elite professionals and visited Samsung HQ, selected or not, I am thankful for the opportunity!

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interview questions, "tell me about a time" or "give me an example of"   Answer Question

Senior Sales Analyst Southeast Region Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Dallas, TX).

Interview

One on one interview with Field Sales President who flew down from corporate office in New Jersey to Dallas for a meeting and timed my interview to happen at the same time.

Interview Questions

• One interview question was how I currently handled P&L reporting and to whom it was distributed to.   1 Answer