Samsung Electronics America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.9

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by a recruiter within a week, then setup a video/phone interview with the hiring manager(RM). All behavior based questions, then opportunity was given to ask any questions I had. Few days later received the email of panel interview at the main HQ in Dallas. Recruiter was very helpful setting up the whole process although I will advise against flying AA, flights are always delayed. Panel interview was again behavioral questions. Few days later heard back from recruiter and bad news was given, not selected, which was disappointing given my passion for working at Samsung, wireless industry background and prior DM experience. I would guess they were looking to fill a very specific box, nonetheless, it was a great experience. Got the opportunity to learn more about a brand I am passionate about, interacted with few elite professionals and visited Samsung HQ, selected or not, I am thankful for the opportunity!

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interview questions, "tell me about a time" or "give me an example of"   Answer Question

Senior Sales Analyst Southeast Region Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Dallas, TX).

Interview

One on one interview with Field Sales President who flew down from corporate office in New Jersey to Dallas for a meeting and timed my interview to happen at the same time.

Interview Questions

• One interview question was how I currently handled P&L reporting and to whom it was distributed to.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for contract position via recruiter. The interview process was online over skype and code editor. The manager was very courteous and explained the process well. The engineer would do the technical round. I got a feeling that they were looking for specific skill set and expertise within Android stack like JNI.

Interview Questions

• What is foreground service and background service?   Answer Question
    • How would you design for adding a new sensor API for Android?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in October 2015.

Interview

There are two interviews. First, I interviewed with HR people, asked about general back ground and my interest in electronic technologies. In second interview, I interviewed with VP of the department I am applying for. I was asked to presentation of my research and

Interview Questions

• What do you think currently samsung is doing well or not doing well?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview

The recruiters change very frequently, a lot of times I had the same exact role pitched over and over by different recruiters. Absolutely don't have their act together. I stopped responding

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Ridgefield Park, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by an outside recruiter for this one year contract position that could turn into a full time position. It all happened quickly and I had an in-person interview two days after the initial contact. Interviewed with two of the managers, they were friendly and pleasant. The interview was general with some questions on my past project and how it applies to the job description. They never got back to me though neither with an offer or a rejection after a week+.

Interview Questions

• Last question was to practical question, to answer an Excel related skill demonstration   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview

Not many engineering questions for an engineering position.
    A lot of the usual "what are you 5 year goals" and useless fluff questions.
    Group panel interview with current employees. Most seem disinterested.
    Manager is late.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Samsung?   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fairly easy. Pay is higher than other companies for the same technical, yet non technical position.

Samsung Electronics America Response

Sep 15, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Welcome to the Samsung Family! We appreciate you taking the time to review our company and share insight on your experience throughout the interview process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Mountain View, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

1. Was given a project to implement client to make API calls to REST Service
    2. Phone interview for an hour
    3. Got an offer in next 2 hours

It was a contract position so the process wasn't very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Basic array and string manipulations
      Designing REST Service   Answer Question

Manager, Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I contacted the recruiter and I had 2 phone interviews that went well and was called back to meet 2 members of the social media team. The 2 employees I met were quite junior and it showed. The interview was conducted very unprofessionally. Then I was called again to meet 1 more team member that I hadn't met before and 1 employee that I previously met during round 1. I emailed HR the morning of because I had something urgent that came up in my current job and they told me to come in anyway when I could without rescheduling. Once I did I met another junior employee and was kept waiting for over an hour. I was fine with this since they were nice enough o be flexible regarding my work emergency. I also had another phone interview scheduled for the next day with the Digital Manager.

But the evening of my interview I get a call from HR that said my phone interview was cancelled and an email saying that they decided to pass on me because my interview was not a priority. I was surprised at how they conducted themselves through out this process but overlooked it because of the brand and because they seemed to be understanding. Regardless it was a very unprofessional and disappointing interview process.

Interview Questions

• One of the managers that interviewed me seemed tired and incoherent--like she hadn't slept in days. It was really strange.   Answer Question

Samsung Electronics America Response

Aug 3, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is valued and will be shared with appropriate leadership. We are continuously striving to improve the Candidate Experience. Our... More

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Mesa, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was very simple, there was no structured interview process. The content of the interview was subjective and was designed with speed clarity and succinctness. It appeared that the decision had already been made regarding my candidacy therefore the interview was rudimentary and a formality. Net experience was very good.

Negotiation