Samsung Electronics America Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Samsung Electronics America Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for contract position via recruiter. The interview process was online over skype and code editor. The manager was very courteous and explained the process well. The engineer would do the technical round. I got a feeling that they were looking for specific skill set and expertise within Android stack like JNI.

Interview Questions

• What is foreground service and background service?   Answer Question
  • How would you design for adding a new sensor API for Android?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Electronics America

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Went from a basic phone screening, to a phone interview, to an on-site interview. Everyone was really nice and gave a good effort to ask reasonable technical questions with a mix of personality inquiries as well. Ultimately the team itself is what drew me in --- can't say that it's representative of the entire organization though.

Interview Questions

• Graph questions, some math puzzles, general algorithms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Bridgewater, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

3 rounds. There were 1 coding, 1 design and 1 HR round. They asked about Android and data structures mainly.

1. Android handlers, Async Task.
    2. Questions related to telephony and data connection in android mobile.
    3. BST and LinkedList problems.

If you have any android telephony exp earlier will be an advantage. Not a difficult interview. All the best.

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Richardson, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Regular interview questions

Negotiation

Not pleasant

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Irvine, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Got an interview chance through 3rd party recruiter.
    Phone interview - technical- 1hour.
    Needed to do a presentation of current/past work exp and present some future ideas - 1.5 hours
    Another technical round finally ending with a chat with the top management