Samsung Electronics America Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2017

3.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Mountain View, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

1. Was given a project to implement client to make API calls to REST Service
2. Phone interview for an hour
3. Got an offer in next 2 hours

It was a contract position so the process wasn't very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Basic array and string manipulations
    Designing REST Service   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Electronics America

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview

It was a fairly low stress interview process where they tried to get to know you better and learn about your past experience and how you approach problems. It also provided a way to get a feel for the development environment as well as the team dynamic.

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Richardson, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Easy, dumb questions. Interviewed by a group of 4 engineers and the last round the hiring manager. Questions are fairly easy, ranging from basic concepts of C/C++ language, domain specific concepts, to whiteboard coding and very fundamental algorithms. Not much negotiation room.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in February 2014.

Interview

I had two rounds of telephonic interview after which I was called on-site for 5 rounds of interview with 4 engineers and one hiring manager. The interview included basic algorithms and scalability questions. The overall process was easy.

Interview Questions

• Given a word, find all words from a dictionary which an be created by rearranging the words.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview

Recruiter was great, interview process was quickly moved forward, great communication.
    Know your resume, and expect to be bombarded by technical questions during the interview, they know their stuff and you should too. Don't expect any behavioral questions, its not a big deal to the interviewers, probably had about 40-50 technical questions and no behavioral/team-fit questions.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you are 100% on whatever is on the job description.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (San Jose, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

C- test including balanced binary tree, pthread API's

lots of pointers questions, debugging, memory allocation

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (San Jose, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Very rigorous interview process, on a par with Google...but the make decisions faster.

Recruiter very personable. Interviewers friendly. Admin assistant barely uttered a word, just showed me to a room and gave me a pretty challenging paper-and-pencil skills test. Spoke with several current employees, ate in the company cafeteria. One person described the salary and benefits, which were outstanding.

Returned for a second round, where the director had several programming tests for me, including one I answered by email that nite. All in all, they are working to make sure they hire only top-flight people.

Chose to work at a pre-IPO company instead.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manaus, Amazonas (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Manaus, Amazonas (Brazil)) in April 2013.

Interview

Hole process took 3 months.
    Had 2 meeting with the HR department. One before the technical interviews and one after. Just asked standard HR questions.
    Then had 2 technical interviews. One to discuss my previous experience and education. After that, they sent me a technical test to do during the weekend. The project was to build a chat app. A few weeks later they call me to go on-site and explain what I have done in the app.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)) in December 2010.

Interview

Presentation and personality interview