Samsung Electronics Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Samsung Electronics Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Richardson, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

The manager told me what to prepare for and just asked me questions about what I researched. It was very straight-forward and lasted about ten minutes. Nothing was difficult about it as he just wanted to make sure I would actually do some research and not come empty handed.

Interview Questions

• Types of wireless technologies.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Electronics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

after submit the resume on-line, an email is sent to invite you to an on-site interview directly, no telephone interview

then their decision is given in like a month. details of the internship will be given a month before the the internship begins

Interview Questions

• what do you think of the Korea culture   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Richardson, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview was good. People were very nice during the interview. They don’t like being asked … only talk to them if they ask you a question. Oh yea, can they ask my age or what my family does? Because they asked me both…and they told me that I was old. Overall, the interview was fine.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)) in November 2014.

Interview

Contacted HR through a job posting from school. HR responded right away with a few questions (making sure I am willing to work in Korea). Within a few days there was a phone interview. There was one person speaking English who was in direct contact with me. There were other people there who were not introduced. After every questioned answered, it seemed like she was translating it from English to Korean to them. There was also roughly a minute or so of Korean conversation happening. Questions were on why, why, and why. Why Samsung? Why Korea? Why this area? Also, they asked about my resume and a little about my research. After a thank you email, I waited a week without an update from HR. I emailed and found out I passed. The next step was an in-person interview. After a couple of months of planning the America visit, I met with a panel of 4 interviewers. The interview was only an hour and I was asked to present my research. Questions were primarily on my research and very little technical questions were asked. It seemed more like they wanted to get to know me. They were nice and friendly. Their English was very good. Questions were not too difficult. It was a very good experience for me. It took 1 month for them to make a decision or at least get back to me after follow-ups.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Korea? Why do you want to work at Samsung? How do you cope with stress? What are your hobbies?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

When I was in college, they sent me an offer to request an interview. They took an 8 hour flight to my uni to interview me. HR were extremely tardy, sending the interview letter the evening before the interview without any early notice of interest. The HR were very nice people though and not the least bit arrogant.

Interview was one on one and very brief. They asked simple questions, gave an IQ test for an hour. I get the feeling the company is very pro Korean because they seem to give bonus marks if you speak Korean and request that you dress a bit more Korean.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in October 2014.

Interview

All the process,interviews are conducted in Korean. You can choose one of their business division ahead of interview, and have to take its own exam which is bit challenging. in the interview, they went through the detail of my resume, and my cover letter, and asked me very difficult questions to answer. Also, I had to explain the principle of MOSFET, and its strucutre, fabrication processes.

Interview Questions

• As you mentioned the global mind set in your cover, what is this and how it can help your role.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

One day rotational interview with four five interviewers and four five candidates, for entry level RAM manufacturing engineering position. Very nice and professional with support of executives from Korean HQ.

Interview Questions

Salary low relative to other offers

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

There are three steps during the hiring process: Admission review, technical interview, and manager interview.

During 20 minutes technical interview, applier should give a presentation about what they have experienced in the field they apply in. Three or four committers asked about it. But they were not that difficult.

In manager interview, chief managers may ask you about your backgrounds and may want to find out how well could you be fitted in the company and the department as well. For example, "if your supervisor keep asking you to do much work than you expected in previous week and you think you don't have enough time to handle all them up, what would you do ?" or "Do you have any plan to study more in graduate school?"

Interview Questions

• There's no tricky questions. Most of them are within the average level.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Noida (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

Started off with an apti round.
    Then technical round by a technical lead.
    Then technical round 2 by the technical manager.
    Followed by an HR round.
    It was a 1 day process.
    In case of an offer, HR will mail you back in a week or so. With joining date and compensation details.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

Firstly written round of 50 questions to attempt in 1 hr. The written test was very easy the questions were related to C programming language, operating system and number system and endianess.

The interviewer asked some questions about C and C++. Ask me to write some code for reversing linked list and one more question about queues. Then questions about the work done in previous company..
    duration: 30 mins

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, they just ask for expected salary on paper.