Samsung Electronics Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

2.7

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Interview

I had a phone screen with their external recruiting company, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and an on-site interview with two panels. The first panel interview went well, but the tone of the interview changed with the second panel. Half of the interviewers seemed very disinterested in the interview from the moment they came into the room. They were also unprepared and did not know who should lead the interview. Business matters were also discussed during the interview. It was so awkward and uncomfortable that not even halfway into the interview I decided I was no longer interested in the position as these would be the people I would have had to work with.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Electronics

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Richardson, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

The manager told me what to prepare for and just asked me questions about what I researched. It was very straight-forward and lasted about ten minutes. Nothing was difficult about it as he just wanted to make sure I would actually do some research and not come empty handed.

Interview Questions

• Types of wireless technologies.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

after submit the resume on-line, an email is sent to invite you to an on-site interview directly, no telephone interview

then their decision is given in like a month. details of the internship will be given a month before the the internship begins

Interview Questions

• what do you think of the Korea culture   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Richardson, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview was good. People were very nice during the interview. They don’t like being asked … only talk to them if they ask you a question. Oh yea, can they ask my age or what my family does? Because they asked me both…and they told me that I was old. Overall, the interview was fine.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Twenty Four Parganas (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (North Twenty Four Parganas (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

There is one coding round, given one question on bfs.
    Four students are capable of doing that question completely 50/50 test cases, even 49/50
    is not allowed.
    Technical round - They asked me question about my project i.e. Virtual Classroom,
                                          one graph question, two linkedlist question etc.
    HR round - They asked me what I will do with my first salary, where i want to see
                             myself after 5 years in company etc.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to optimize my virtual classroom project pars i.e 'group video call.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

General test (around 100 questions for 60 minutes) which contain basic math, English , and logical questions. Interview with HR (local and expatriate) and user (expatriate). Question was average, as long as you can communicate well with user you will be fine.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)) in November 2014.

Interview

Contacted HR through a job posting from school. HR responded right away with a few questions (making sure I am willing to work in Korea). Within a few days there was a phone interview. There was one person speaking English who was in direct contact with me. There were other people there who were not introduced. After every questioned answered, it seemed like she was translating it from English to Korean to them. There was also roughly a minute or so of Korean conversation happening. Questions were on why, why, and why. Why Samsung? Why Korea? Why this area? Also, they asked about my resume and a little about my research. After a thank you email, I waited a week without an update from HR. I emailed and found out I passed. The next step was an in-person interview. After a couple of months of planning the America visit, I met with a panel of 4 interviewers. The interview was only an hour and I was asked to present my research. Questions were primarily on my research and very little technical questions were asked. It seemed more like they wanted to get to know me. They were nice and friendly. Their English was very good. Questions were not too difficult. It was a very good experience for me. It took 1 month for them to make a decision or at least get back to me after follow-ups.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Korea? Why do you want to work at Samsung? How do you cope with stress? What are your hobbies?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

When I was in college, they sent me an offer to request an interview. They took an 8 hour flight to my uni to interview me. HR were extremely tardy, sending the interview letter the evening before the interview without any early notice of interest. The HR were very nice people though and not the least bit arrogant.

Interview was one on one and very brief. They asked simple questions, gave an IQ test for an hour. I get the feeling the company is very pro Korean because they seem to give bonus marks if you speak Korean and request that you dress a bit more Korean.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in October 2014.

Interview

All the process,interviews are conducted in Korean. You can choose one of their business division ahead of interview, and have to take its own exam which is bit challenging. in the interview, they went through the detail of my resume, and my cover letter, and asked me very difficult questions to answer. Also, I had to explain the principle of MOSFET, and its strucutre, fabrication processes.

Interview Questions

• As you mentioned the global mind set in your cover, what is this and how it can help your role.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

One day rotational interview with four five interviewers and four five candidates, for entry level RAM manufacturing engineering position. Very nice and professional with support of executives from Korean HQ.

Interview Questions

Salary low relative to other offers