Samsung Electronics Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Samsung Electronics Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Samsung Electronics

2.9

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics in October 2016.

Interview

I applied Samsung 2 months ago. I got 30 minutes one phone interview with hiring manager and onsite interview. There are 4 round interviews with team members in onsite.They really liked logical questions. Everybody seem very nice. We ate lunch together.

Interview Questions

• You walk to south 1mile and west 1mile and north 1mile. Then you arrived starting point. Why?   3 Answers
  • How many '5' in 0~10000   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Electronics

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Chennai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I was called for an interview after clearing two rounds of online tests, in the on-campus recruitment.
    Most of the interview questions were related to digital electronics. A few questions related to Verilog/VHDL coding.

Interview Questions

• How to implement 8x1 multiplexer using 2x1 multiplexers?   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

There were 4 rounds:
    1 Written
    2 Technical
    1 HR
    Written Test:
     Written test was an online test consisting of separate Aptitude (Logical, English, Quantitative) and Technical Rounds.
    Technical questions were comprised of RC, RL, RLC Circuits, Steady State Response, Transient Analysis questions. Basic Questions on MOSFET, Thresholds, Pass Transistors, 8085 instructions, Computer Architecture Basics, Basic Digital based questions based on Counters, FSM, MUX, etc. Simple questions on STA.
    Technical Round 1:
    I was told to give a briefing of my resume. They asked me questions on the projects which they found interesting.
    Q: Given the pattern below, draw the FSM for the same(consider ABC as a word)
        A: …010….
        B: …110….
        C: …111….
    Q: What are the types of scaling?
    Q: Explain the effects of each scaling on MOSFET in every aspect with reasoning.
    Q: Definitions of Setup Time and Hold Time. Reasons behind setup and hold time.
    Q: Write Verilog code to generate a clock with 70% duty cycle.
     Q: Give duty cycle of clock for these Verilog codes:
        iv. always
              clk<=#70 0;
             clk<=#30 1;
          End
    Q: One logical question based on statistics.
    Technical Round 2:
    Q: Describe the concept of sequential circuits and combinational circuits.
    Q: Given a vending machine accepting Rs. 5 coins only. You can get coffee for Rs. 15 only. Tell whether the machine will be based on sequential or combinational logic.
    Q: Given a router having a data of 2GB. It has 4 output buses of size 32-bit each. The router has to send its data one by one on each of the four buses such that the first destination gets first 128 bits, 2nd destination gets the next 128 bits and so on in a cyclic manner. Write a pseudocode for the same.
    Q: Explain the difference between fork-join, fork-join any, fork-join none.
    Q: Explain the functions and difference between $monitor, $display; $stop, $finish.
    Q: Given a memory whose bus lines 10 and 14 have been interconnected. How will you detect this fault.
    Q: One logical question.

Negotiation

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Three rounds. 1 online test and 2 technical interviews. Online test had aptitude,verbal and technical sections. verbal was very easy. Aptitude was moderate. Technical was mostly about basics. they covered digital,vlsi,circuit theory and microprocessors. Clock frequency questions were asked predominantly. If you are confident about your basics,its more than enough to go into the second round. Technical interview they asked questions related to our project and wanted to know how it was different from the already existing ones,

Interview Questions

• Digital electronics,VLSI,Microprocessors,Circuit theory.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Warangal (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

selection process
    1.aptitude test-60 questions on data interpretation ,quantitative and verbal for 60 mins
    questions werw very easy but time managament is required
    2. online techinial test-20 questions on network analysis,rlc circuits,digital eloctronics,cmos vlsi
    questions were easy it will be acake walk if you are good with your academics
    3.2 technical +1 HR
    mainly tested on confidence and accuracy

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself
      indepth questions on project
      design a 7 t0 11 counter   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (New Delhi (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

It consisted of 4 rounds.First being Online test with 60 ques of aptitude,20 each quant,LR,verbal to be done in 60mins and 25 ques from digital and analog electronics to be done in 45 mins.Test was quite easy, speed and accuracy needed to be maintained.50 apti and 15 technical correct ans are enough to get shortlisted.Then come 2 rounds of technical interviews.Ques were from Basic digital electronics like CMOS,Mux,STA,FSM.Final was HR.

Interview Questions

• What will happen if N nd Pmos in CMOS inverter are swapped?   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (New Delhi (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

1st round fully technical online test. Questions were from Analogue, Digital, verilog and C .
    Lot of questions were from OpAmp, oscillator. Setup time and hold time is also very important .Prepare well from digital , Analogue. All the best

Interview Questions

• Finding out the setup time, hold time, maximum operating frequency.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

i got a mail from HR to attend a interactive interview, and then i had the interview with an Expert

Interview Questions

• technical STA and timing checks   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Kolkata (India)) in August 2018.

Interview

The interviewer is very friendly. The interview is taken at Jadavpur University in 2018. There is two round technical round and HR round. A very simple question is asked. Some questions are asked from CV.