Samsung Electronics Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2017

2.6

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Friendly, welcoming as well. Interviewers were great and treated us respectively. Stepped us into every bit of the process. Professional as well. Interviewers asked questions and allowed adequate time to form an answer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Electronics

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

It was bascially three steps process. First starts with an application. Second was SSAT. Third was the interview that consists of three types (Creativity, Major-specific problems, and behavioral). Great people. They made me feel comfortable. Major related problems were pretty hard. However, they do not expect you to know the answer to all the problmes.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process was casual:
    1st round - skyped with a member of the team to discuss potential internship opportunities
    2nd round - informal site visit to meet with HR and several members of the team to discuss potential projects/learn more about Samsung and talk about my past experiences

Interview Questions

• Discuss some of your previous research projects and what did you contribute to them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

The interview process was great. The team members who interviewed me where all engaged in the interview and asked interesting questions. They followed up after the interview personally even though someone else got the job. That was a nice gesture.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

it is nice. It was great interview. most of it was behavioral question which was straight forward.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Two rounds phone interview and a programming task. Also, an online webinar session about on-going research at school and how Samsung will be benefited from it. Phone interviews look for indepth knowledge about Android and programming task is a multi approach problem. The best practices need to be used.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview was about Android internals, OS questions, true or false, point out best practice etc. Task related to Java implementation of Binder transfer protocol for large files.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

First you need to summit paper work

second you take a general test (SSAT)

Third you will be interviewed

You need to pass all these to get internship opportunity at samsung

Interview Questions

• Test is not based on your major.

It is more like IQ tests.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for internship.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics in June 2012.

Interview

Interview via Skype to present my PHD project to a group panel. They asked many questions and details of my project and showed positive feedback at the end of interview, but never heard from them again. My suggestion is not to waste so much time with them especially those international hiring. There is very little for them to lose to have you present your 5 year research and get up-to-date information of your area.

Interview Questions

• Presentation of my PHD project to a group of panel. But never hear back from them again.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

There were two interviews. The last one was with CEO of samsung. WOOOOOW. I was asked some questions regarding my personality. Interviewers were kindly but they didn't quite like my jokes. You have to be dressed up.

Interview Questions

• Q. Would you would you do in the situation your boss is working late and you have done all of your job?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Noida (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was mainly based on your resume. You should be prepared to explain everything on the resume. Be prepared for Data Structures and algorithms related questions. Be confident that's all.