Samsung Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Samsung Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

185 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

I got the mail from the Samsung Research from HR Team and scheduled an interview for the next week. There was no HR round but the technical interview to check some basic concepts of Computer Science. Interview Questions Topics: 2-3 - Android Questions, 1 - Database related, 2 - Web service and security, 1- Operating System. An interview was taken around 30 mins. It was basic questions related to the topics. I have mentioned few interview question below and I'm sure it will be helpful to you.
    I am waiting for the next round of the interview but I haven't got any response since last two weeks. I think the process is a bit slower as same as other big companies.

Interview Questions

• Web Development: Difference between RESTful & SOAP (include security point)?   Answer Question
    • Operating System: Interprocess Communication and its types.   Answer Question
    • Database: What is Foreign keys? they will ask related case scenarios   Answer Question
    • Android: Technical Problem and its solution(more technical side)   Answer Question

Test Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Mountain View, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

There will be a codility test followed by onsite interview. Interview will be for minimum 2 hours. There will be four rounds and all are technical. You must be good at solving algorithms and data structures. Also good at designing test cases and considering corner cases.

Interview Questions

• Implement Circular Queue. Few other questions related to automation testing and performance testing were asked.   Answer Question

GPU Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a mail from manager asking for availability for a phone screen. It was a 45 minute interview. After clearing the round, asked the availability for second phone screen. It was 30 minute interview stressing on state machines and verilog coding. Then I was invited for a onsite interview at San Jose office. It had 6 rounds of technical screening and 1 HR round. Due to lack of coordination between team members, after the first round, the interviewer was waiting for second team member to come and take the interview. Since no one showed up even after 10 minutes, she exchanged few mails between team members and finally manager has come after 15 minutes. After that the interview went smoothly with other team members. Was asked all basic questions on Verilog, System Verilog, C++ and Computer Architecture. I was able to answer all the questions except 2 or 3 questions in the whole interview. Even then I was rejected just due to the fact that I was unemployed for last 3 months. Whereas few of my friends who were not able to answer many questions are selected for the job. This is a very bad way of judging the candidates. Just because he/she was unemployed for last couple of months doesn't make him/her a bad candidate. Try to select a candidate based on the knowledge he/she has and not on the previous employment status.

Lead IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Good conversation with the recruiter, Moved to phone screen which was the typical code this in CoderPad. I exited it early because I couldn't remember how to write Fibonacci function. While not particularly hard, I could not remember it so no point in continuing. I have decided to stop interviewing at companies that do this kind of interview. The card question I think I got.

Project Manager - Digital Content Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics in May 2017.

Interview

This is regarding a preliminary conversation I had with a recruiter, for a full-time employee position. Let me start off by saying this is the worst recruiter experience I've ever had in my 8 years in high tech. She called me 15 mins. late. Usually if someone is 5-7mins. late, that's understandable. Fifteen minutes late though is really unprofessional especially if you don't let the candidate know you're running late.

Starting the conversation, it was clear she hadn't taken time to really digest my resume as she was asking me very basic questions that could easily be answered if she had read my resume. I was surprised because she had my resume & Linkedin profile for a week prior to our conversation.

She continued telling me that she's personally very happy as a contractor and would never take a full time role. I'm not sure why she started talking about her professional preferences as I thought the goal of the conversation was to find out if I was the right fit for the position I had applied for?

Her tone started becoming combative when I started going into my professional experience and how it related to the job I was applying for, so much so that I felt the only thing I could do was end the conversation altogether.

Recruiters are very important voices for these companies; they should be professional and courteous. I've been fortunate enough that I haven't run into a recruiter who has behaved this way in the past, but it's really a shame because I was interested in this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• She asked why I was interested in a full-time role vs. a contractor role as I had been freelancing for the bulk of my career.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Ridgefield Park, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, who located my profile on LinkedIn. Two in-person interviews. Interviews in person were about high level ideas and not a drilling on experience or skill set. These interviews were positive. What bothered me greatly was the fact that the recruiter said I'd be hourly and that there would be a lot of hours but that I would only sign off that I worked 40 hours. I hadn't even gone in for the interview and they were asking me to do something illegal. Samsung jobs typically have a poor work/life balance. They want it both ways - don't want to pay benefits so they hire you as a contractor. Then as a contractor, they want you as an exempt employee.

Interview Questions

• It was a fluid conversation, no real questions.   1 Answer

Senior Director Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, NJ

Application

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter from Texas for a channel lead role in the Ridgefield Park office in January. Did a phone interview with recruiter to get understanding of skillset, career goals, interests, questions. Followed-up by a phone interview with senior member of Sales & Marketing, that was experience-based questions to gauge the skillset and capabilities. Leader was very transparent on the challenges, decision making process, Korean influence, Samsung culture, and was confident we could move quickly. Over the next 4 months... yes - that is 4 months, I did series of phone interviews, an on-site interview with HR recruiter in Ridgefield Park, and a month later a day-long on-site interview with the channel team. All of the interviews went well, and was affirmed that the original recruiter from Texas would follow-up with next steps. I assumed there would be internal candidates as well as a few solid external candidates in competition - but the length of 4-5 months total was far too long. And to top it off - I still have yet to hear a response from the senior recruiter after several phone calls and emails. I can assume I am no longer in consideration, but after a 5 months interview process it should be professionally courteous to thank the candidate and follow through to completion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a product or brand you managed suffered a sever setback, and what did you do to turn things around for growth? What specific leadership decisions did you lead?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a decision where you were responsible for the outcome, but not necessarily empowered to make the final decision. How did you strategically influence leadership?   Answer Question

Junior Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through online. The First round was of just background information and what I am doing. They have scheduled me for the next round and a discussion with current team head. They did not even show up for the Interview. The ethical behavior of team stops there so the work.

Interview Questions

• What are your roles and responsibilities of your current job?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The recruiter Bangalore contacted me through a job portal and asked me for my profile. After that he asked me to schedule a phone interview, once I asked for convenient dates, he dint reply for 20 days. After that he called and asked to schedule a face to face interview at San Jose, California . He clearly told that it will be a discussion with HR.

Once I traveled there, he called me(The HR had come from India to USA just take interviews or may he wanted to come to USA so he made up a reason in front of his higher management) and told that he had left a "voice mail" on my phone about the interview time which was much earlier than the time we decided via email few days back. I somehow ran to the Samsung research at Mountainview and made it on time. After I go there, he said the interview is delayed by 30 mins and made me roam around from building to building. Finally, when the interview started, they told me it will be a TECHNICAL interview(for which I was not at all prepared for). It was a 3 panel interview, one guy was not at all interested in the interview, he left after 20 mins. Other guy, the HR, came after 40 mins to the interview. The third guy whom I interviewed with was not aware about which area to focus on so he just started asking questions about what he knows. He was focused on the areas I am not interested in and courses that do not belong to my field of interest. Frankly, he was trying to show off his intelligence than understanding my profile and expertise. At the end, When I asked him about the Harman aquisition, he asked me "Oh, when did that happen?". So you can imagine the type of expertise he had in interviewing candidates.

I literally felt like there was absolutely no management at all. Even a kindergarten kid would have done a better job than these guys. No clear communication, no action plan and no one knew what they were suppose to do. It was the most disgusting experience ever.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

The interviewer asked me to introduce my projects, and ask me problems about android. The problems are very fundamental. There are three rounds. First is HR, the following two rounds are technology.