Samsung Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Samsung Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2017

2.9

Project Manager - Digital Content Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics in May 2017.

Interview

This is regarding a preliminary conversation I had with a recruiter, for a full-time employee position. Let me start off by saying this is the worst recruiter experience I've ever had in my 8 years in high tech. She called me 15 mins. late. Usually if someone is 5-7mins. late, that's understandable. Fifteen minutes late though is really unprofessional especially if you don't let the candidate know you're running late.

Starting the conversation, it was clear she hadn't taken time to really digest my resume as she was asking me very basic questions that could easily be answered if she had read my resume. I was surprised because she had my resume & Linkedin profile for a week prior to our conversation.

She continued telling me that she's personally very happy as a contractor and would never take a full time role. I'm not sure why she started talking about her professional preferences as I thought the goal of the conversation was to find out if I was the right fit for the position I had applied for?

Her tone started becoming combative when I started going into my professional experience and how it related to the job I was applying for, so much so that I felt the only thing I could do was end the conversation altogether.

Recruiters are very important voices for these companies; they should be professional and courteous. I've been fortunate enough that I haven't run into a recruiter who has behaved this way in the past, but it's really a shame because I was interested in this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• She asked why I was interested in a full-time role vs. a contractor role as I had been freelancing for the bulk of my career.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Ridgefield Park, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, who located my profile on LinkedIn. Two in-person interviews. Interviews in person were about high level ideas and not a drilling on experience or skill set. These interviews were positive. What bothered me greatly was the fact that the recruiter said I'd be hourly and that there would be a lot of hours but that I would only sign off that I worked 40 hours. I hadn't even gone in for the interview and they were asking me to do something illegal. Samsung jobs typically have a poor work/life balance. They want it both ways - don't want to pay benefits so they hire you as a contractor. Then as a contractor, they want you as an exempt employee.

Interview Questions

• It was a fluid conversation, no real questions.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Irvine, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was pretty good.HR were quick and nice.You will get feedback after every round.graph questions.
    Dfs bfs and dijkstra.keep practicing dynamic programming questions .Sorting searching .Efficient dara structure usage with optimal time complexity.os concepts ,networking process synchronization..Web technology ies will be add on.

Junior Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through online. The First round was of just background information and what I am doing. They have scheduled me for the next round and a discussion with current team head. They did not even show up for the Interview. The ethical behavior of team stops there so the work.

Interview Questions

• What are your roles and responsibilities of your current job?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Technical interview with director and several engineers; talk about career path, job responsibilities, future plans; then talk to hr and recruiter' typical hr and recruiter question. Very friendly.; overall it was Avery smooth process

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The recruiter Bangalore contacted me through a job portal and asked me for my profile. After that he asked me to schedule a phone interview, once I asked for convenient dates, he dint reply for 20 days. After that he called and asked to schedule a face to face interview at San Jose, California . He clearly told that it will be a discussion with HR.

Once I traveled there, he called me(The HR had come from India to USA just take interviews or may he wanted to come to USA so he made up a reason in front of his higher management) and told that he had left a "voice mail" on my phone about the interview time which was much earlier than the time we decided via email few days back. I somehow ran to the Samsung research at Mountainview and made it on time. After I go there, he said the interview is delayed by 30 mins and made me roam around from building to building. Finally, when the interview started, they told me it will be a TECHNICAL interview(for which I was not at all prepared for). It was a 3 panel interview, one guy was not at all interested in the interview, he left after 20 mins. Other guy, the HR, came after 40 mins to the interview. The third guy whom I interviewed with was not aware about which area to focus on so he just started asking questions about what he knows. He was focused on the areas I am not interested in and courses that do not belong to my field of interest. Frankly, he was trying to show off his intelligence than understanding my profile and expertise. At the end, When I asked him about the Harman aquisition, he asked me "Oh, when did that happen?". So you can imagine the type of expertise he had in interviewing candidates.

I literally felt like there was absolutely no management at all. Even a kindergarten kid would have done a better job than these guys. No clear communication, no action plan and no one knew what they were suppose to do. It was the most disgusting experience ever.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

The interviewer asked me to introduce my projects, and ask me problems about android. The problems are very fundamental. There are three rounds. First is HR, the following two rounds are technology.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Friendly, welcoming as well. Interviewers were great and treated us respectively. Stepped us into every bit of the process. Professional as well. Interviewers asked questions and allowed adequate time to form an answer.

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screens and onsite interviews. Recruiters seemed to be swamped or not completely informed of changes and updates. Recruiters were consistently late or unaware, last minute (day before) scheduling of interviews and multiple reschedules, lack of awareness and preparation for onsite (had changes in interviewers and redundant paperwork that had already been signed), and no follow up to provide notification of changes in role and hiring timelines. One of the most disorganized candidate experiences I've seen from a company this large in a competitive talent market.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Got a phone interview two weeks after I applied. Phone interview was simple. It includes some basic algorithm concepts and knowledge about python (I told him I am familiar with Python).
        Invited to the on-site interview a few days later and scheduled it one week later. There were five white-board interviews, about one hour each. Four of them were Leetcode questions(medium to hard) or similar. One was just asking some ideas about the technology field.
       Rejected one week after the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Merge k sorted linked-list
      2. Search in rotated sorted array