Samsung Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.9

Cpu Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The first round happened during our career fair. The interviewer asked basic questions on cache, cpu processor pipeline and basics of UVM. The onsite interview happened a month after that. It consisted of 4 rounds. First round was mostly resume based. It focused on computer architecture projects I did (like branch predictor, cache hierarchy etc.) Second round was about virtual memory, page table etc. Third round was again a mix of rounds one and two. And the final round focussed mostly on systemverilog.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (New York, NY).

Interview

Presentation for my previous achievement and work related to this position. By Skype chat we talked more about personality, likeness, and more beyond research. Also we have lunch together as an informal interview.

Interview Questions

• What's your strengths for this position   4 Answers

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics in October 2016.

Interview

I applied Samsung 2 months ago. I got 30 minutes one phone interview with hiring manager and onsite interview. There are 4 round interviews with team members in onsite.They really liked logical questions. Everybody seem very nice. We ate lunch together.

Interview Questions

• You walk to south 1mile and west 1mile and north 1mile. Then you arrived starting point. Why?   3 Answers
    • How many '5' in 0~10000   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics in October 2016.

Interview

Visited the headquarters building in New Jersey for four interviews with five different people over the course of two hours. First met with a representative from the technical side, then a peer, then the manager and finally two representatives from the marketing department. Getting the interview scheduled was difficult logistically, as the recruiter was in California and the on-site contact was also out of the office on the day of the meeting.

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Madison, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and followed by 2 in person interviews. I was asked many behavioral questions during phone interview and many situational questions during in person interview

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Mountain View, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online. It took 3 weeks to get a phone interview with the HR and the I scheduled for an other phone interview with the hiring manager shortly after that. The guy is very nice and professional with some technical questions about systemverilog. After that no response, I assume there is no match.

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Ridgefield Park, NJ).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by Talent Acquisition.
    Phone interviews with: Talent Acquisition, Senior level manager, Same level manager
    In person interviews with: Senior Level Manager, Hiring Director, VP

Interview Questions

I was given a good offer (w/ great bonus) but I was interviewing at another reputable company that was half the distance to my house. Similar pay, growth, and benefits so it made sense to take the shorter commute

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

It was bascially three steps process. First starts with an application. Second was SSAT. Third was the interview that consists of three types (Creativity, Major-specific problems, and behavioral). Great people. They made me feel comfortable. Major related problems were pretty hard. However, they do not expect you to know the answer to all the problmes.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

5 separate interviews, each an hour long. total 5 hours. Each with a team member going over product, my background, and general interview questions. Each team member talked about their role.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, they agreed with my rate.

Python Debug Tool Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Scheduled a 30 minutes phone interview. Skipped questions on resume for the later part of the interview. Dived straight into questions on Python scripting and regular expressions. Followed by C++ knowledge and other programming language experience.