Samsung Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.9

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online via linkedin and got contacted by hiring manager for a phone interview within 2 weeks. During the interview, asked about basic questions about working experience, educational background, skill sets and why interested in the open position and why would it be a fit. There is nothing particular or unexpected. Overall a very basic and average interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

Most questions will be based on your experience described on your resume/CV. You should have strong opinion and supportive background information about the job that you are applying to. Search broad information about the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe best project that you were in it, and what was your role?   Answer Question

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Jose, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was routine -- technical interviews with design engineers and informational interviews with the hiring manager and an HR person. Most engineers were courteous and asked relevant technical questions. One of the engineers kept on asking questions that seem to be specifically related to challenges or difficulties in the person's current project.

Industrial Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

2 recruiter phone calls, 1 phone call with Design Manager, another follow up to schedule in-person interviews. 4 in-person interview shortly after in-person group interview. All of the Samsung recruiters I interfaced with were very pleasant and helpful during the process. the whole process took several weeks in part because of scheduling conflicts. The new Samsung semiconductor campus is amazing.

Interview Questions

• ~ If you were given a last minute request for to generate a design concept what would you do?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Initial rounds were just meeting with the recruiting rep followed by phone interviews with the team I was interviewing with. Final rounds was in a room with 4 other Samsung men.

Interview Questions

• During final founds they each had a folder with my profile and photo and asked basic questions like, "what hobbies do you have?", "how will you meet other people?", "how will you adapt to Korean culture?".   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Interview

First they had a written exam. It had basic language and aptitude questions. It was to be done in a given time frame. It was an elimination round too.

Second round was a technical interview round. It required basic coding and DS knowdlege. If you are good logically and technically you will be able to clear through it
    Basic Data structure
    Language specific questions.Very basic level
    Basic Puzzles
    Make File and other related if you going for C

Third round was HR round. HR explained about company policies in general . We were made to fill a yellow form if we were selected.

Interview Questions

• Puzzle : How to cut a cake into equal pieces
      Question : Write a program to check a string is palindrome or not
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

Apply online, got call from recruiter, Easy process, easy people to meet, the overall interview process is pretty smooth, met a few team member, manager, they seem pretty nice, get the offer later, would recommend to other applicant

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Memphis, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

July 2015
    Contacted via (Step 1) recruiter, (Step 2) Interviewed with a peer-District Manager, (Step 3) Interviewed with the actual District Manager that would be my boss, (Step 4) Interviewed with Human Resources Manager, total 4 and a half weeks, (Step 5) didn't receive a call from the Sales Director, which would have been my final interview. Samsung culture and interview process is behavioral based, laced with plenty of "Tell me about a time" questions. Questions are best answered in STAR format and are competency based.
    Although the entire process was pretty straight forward and organized, a few individuals(interviewers) lacked real information about the actual role other then the District Manager(s).
    This position is not to be confused with Samsung's Field Sales Manager positions or District Manager positions. The Market Manager or Field Market Manager positions are responsible for all Samsung Bestbuy in-store Experience programs. Your market will consist of between 7-15 locations, along with Bestbuy Mobile locations. You will have to use your own vehicle and Samsung with pay for gas mileage.
    The Range for this position from my understanding via recruiter was between $65,000-$70,000, come to find out it is more so between $50,000-$56,000. The Role itself along with the responsibility and salary are FAR below any industry standard I have seen. This role clearly should range between $75k-$85k and that is including a company car. I was disappointed after going through several processes just to find out that the salary was much lower then discussed in the pre-screening interview and that happen to be placed clearly on my application location in the salary desired box.
    The entire process lasted 1 entire month and a week, I literally had to contact the recruiter to find out towards the end, if I still was being considered for the opportunity.

The job was reposted today Sept 4,2015

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you will adapt to a new organization with veteran Lead Experience Consultants, that may feel they should have been offered the position?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in India, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (India, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

there are 2 interviews we were assesed based on the exam conducted and a techinal round and one normal hr round. they were quite easy mostly about your current project and abt the OOP concepts

Interview Questions

• no specific interview questions just basic ones related to oop and puzzles   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Milpitas, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Had two telephone screens and then six onsite interviews. Questions were easy except one interviewer who was really smart and had good knowledge of file systems. Basic algorithm, operating systems questions. This position was for research group in flash space.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewer was surprised to know templates in C++ provide polymorphism. His reaction was "huh". Another interviewer's idea of LRU was MRU. After I politely tried correcting he didn't seem to be happy and stayed for next interview in room doing some verifications on his computer only to say in the end "I have seen many implementations" etc. Multiple red flags so decided to pass the offer.   Answer Question

As described in questions multiple red flags so decided to pass the offer.