Samsung Electronics Lead Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.9

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

It was simple and straight forward process which took around a day to complete. I had roughly four rounds of interview. I was tested on technical skills, professional skills and IQ based questions. the process was a bit slow but executed well.

Interview Questions

• Started with basic java questions, followed by design patterns and some code writing sessions. Managerial round was focused on how my career path has been and what i want my career path to be.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Electronics

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

Written test for C 30 mins , Face to face for 30 mins, and telephonic for 1 hour
    Mainly on system software, linux kernel, Symmetric multi processing, memory management
    process scheduling, malloc, mmap, anonymous memory

Interview Questions

• C questions, Memory management - process address space, linux runqueue, run levels, malloc, mmap, debugging tools, cpu affinity   Answer Question

Lead Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics in October 2011.

Interview

There were three rounds of Interviews. Two are technical and after that HR interview held with discussion of all the details.HR told you are selected for this position and will be sending the offer letter within a week. After then no response. HR is totally a fool who does not know for which position they are recruiting and what is going on.He does not seem to be professional behaving like illiterate person.They cant afford the candidate but they will simply call for interview. Total waste of time and energy.

Interview Questions

• White box testing definition and testcases.   1 Answer

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

Called by the recruiter. Initial screening through telephonic Interview. Consists of usual Java Questions couple of questions on threads, data structures etc. Followed by a face to face onsite interview at Bangalore. Group of panel interviewed followed by a HR interview. I can rate the difficulty of technical interview as average.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiable.

Lead Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics in May 2011.

Interview

I got the call from one of the recruiting agencies. SEL noida comes to one of the SISO offices for the interview process. They will come on a weekend. The interview process has the following stages.

1. At least 2 one on one technical interviews. If the interviewer likes the candidate and the interviewers are not suited for the testing of the candidate, one more round will be there (telephonic or in person)
    2. One HR round. Mostly it will be a formality. If you come to this round, you are mostly assured of the job.

Interview Questions

• What is it they are looking for?   1 Answer
    • Questions on your resume   1 Answer

Negotiation

The most important point to remember is that your remuneration negotiation will depend on your interview and your present salary. If you did well, you can get a good offer. Otherwise you have to satisfy with whatever they give.

Lead Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics in March 2011.

Interview

The questions were about basics of CS like C, DS, OS, Microprocessors and also details about previous work experience. I was asked to write around 4 -5 programs in C and then trace them and also handle all the exceptions. There was a puzzle also asked in the end.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to remove a particular word from a string and output the final string. Mention prototype , and handle exceptions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried negotiating but wasn't accepted. I too did not pursue as the jump was decent. But do try.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (New Delhi (India)) in March 2010.

Interview

Most people had to take a written test, but I was not asked to take one. The interview consisted of one technical round with the DGM. It was more of a general discussion about the type of work I have been doing and what I would be interested in. There were a few questions related to multiple inheritance and singleton Design Pattern. Based on that, I was through.