Samsung Electronics Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

3.1

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Pointless and a waste of time. 2 interviews, both by phone. The process was horrible - lots of back and forth to setup the interview and then when we finally did connect the interviewee was uninformed who I was, didn't really understand the position, and had trouble paying attention. Also had to deal with 2 recruiters just to get to the interview with someone on the team.

Following this I didn't hear back for 2 months. Nothing and then a rejection email. I forgot I even interviewed tbh. They reached out to me by recruiter initially - and just the whole process is insane. No idea how this company works day to day and makes me wonder about using their products and /or services moving forward if this is their recruitment process. I think I'll stay with my iPhone.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Electronics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Ridgefield Park, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, who located my profile on LinkedIn. Two in-person interviews. Interviews in person were about high level ideas and not a drilling on experience or skill set. These interviews were positive. What bothered me greatly was the fact that the recruiter said I'd be hourly and that there would be a lot of hours but that I would only sign off that I worked 40 hours. I hadn't even gone in for the interview and they were asking me to do something illegal. Samsung jobs typically have a poor work/life balance. They want it both ways - don't want to pay benefits so they hire you as a contractor. Then as a contractor, they want you as an exempt employee.

Interview Questions

• It was a fluid conversation, no real questions.   1 Answer

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Madison, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and followed by 2 in person interviews. I was asked many behavioral questions during phone interview and many situational questions during in person interview

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics in March 2016.

Interview

Very professional. Somewhat grueling, but appropriate. A total of five separate interviews took place.

I was kept informed throughout the entire process. Both through email and over the phone. Transparency during the process was very appreciated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online via linkedin and got contacted by hiring manager for a phone interview within 2 weeks. During the interview, asked about basic questions about working experience, educational background, skill sets and why interested in the open position and why would it be a fit. There is nothing particular or unexpected. Overall a very basic and average interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience   1 Answer

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Memphis, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

July 2015
    Contacted via (Step 1) recruiter, (Step 2) Interviewed with a peer-District Manager, (Step 3) Interviewed with the actual District Manager that would be my boss, (Step 4) Interviewed with Human Resources Manager, total 4 and a half weeks, (Step 5) didn't receive a call from the Sales Director, which would have been my final interview. Samsung culture and interview process is behavioral based, laced with plenty of "Tell me about a time" questions. Questions are best answered in STAR format and are competency based.
    Although the entire process was pretty straight forward and organized, a few individuals(interviewers) lacked real information about the actual role other then the District Manager(s).
    This position is not to be confused with Samsung's Field Sales Manager positions or District Manager positions. The Market Manager or Field Market Manager positions are responsible for all Samsung Bestbuy in-store Experience programs. Your market will consist of between 7-15 locations, along with Bestbuy Mobile locations. You will have to use your own vehicle and Samsung with pay for gas mileage.
    The Range for this position from my understanding via recruiter was between $65,000-$70,000, come to find out it is more so between $50,000-$56,000. The Role itself along with the responsibility and salary are FAR below any industry standard I have seen. This role clearly should range between $75k-$85k and that is including a company car. I was disappointed after going through several processes just to find out that the salary was much lower then discussed in the pre-screening interview and that happen to be placed clearly on my application location in the salary desired box.
    The entire process lasted 1 entire month and a week, I literally had to contact the recruiter to find out towards the end, if I still was being considered for the opportunity.

The job was reposted today Sept 4,2015

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you will adapt to a new organization with veteran Lead Experience Consultants, that may feel they should have been offered the position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seattle, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewed by 3 different people. HR, Hiring Manager & Manager of Hiring Manager.
    Very detailed process. The interviews went really well. The work culture is very tough. They never followed up despite several emails & phone calls.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Johannesburg (South Africa)).

Interview

3 step interviews. First with the recruitment agency, second with the HR Director and a Division Head, Third with a panel of 5 people ( President, HR Director, Southern African business leaders( 3) )

Interview Questions

• how I would expand the mobile phone business in the Southern African region   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Nairobi (Kenya)) in February 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and asked me to send my CV. I sent it and 3 days later she asked me to come for an interview with the Hiring Manager and Head of Marketing. The initial interview went well, basic questions. They said they will get back to me on the next steps.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter got back to me with a task, it was to come up with a marketing campaign of a product they (Samsung) were about to launch in the region. She only gave me 3 days to prepare this campaign. I felt that was very limiting. I went ahead to prepare a campaign and was invited for a "final"round of interviews with the management team.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a panel interview with three directors from Samsung Singapore. Two Singaporeans and one Korean. Was very efficient and moderate paced interview. Standard questions like why, what quality makes you stand out ect.

Interview Questions

• There is no unexpected questions .   1 Answer

I have not heard back from them.