Samsung Electronics Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

3.1

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Madison, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and followed by 2 in person interviews. I was asked many behavioral questions during phone interview and many situational questions during in person interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Electronics

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics in March 2016.

Interview

Very professional. Somewhat grueling, but appropriate. A total of five separate interviews took place.

I was kept informed throughout the entire process. Both through email and over the phone. Transparency during the process was very appreciated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online via linkedin and got contacted by hiring manager for a phone interview within 2 weeks. During the interview, asked about basic questions about working experience, educational background, skill sets and why interested in the open position and why would it be a fit. There is nothing particular or unexpected. Overall a very basic and average interview.

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Memphis, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

July 2015
    Contacted via (Step 1) recruiter, (Step 2) Interviewed with a peer-District Manager, (Step 3) Interviewed with the actual District Manager that would be my boss, (Step 4) Interviewed with Human Resources Manager, total 4 and a half weeks, (Step 5) didn't receive a call from the Sales Director, which would have been my final interview. Samsung culture and interview process is behavioral based, laced with plenty of "Tell me about a time" questions. Questions are best answered in STAR format and are competency based.
    Although the entire process was pretty straight forward and organized, a few individuals(interviewers) lacked real information about the actual role other then the District Manager(s).
    This position is not to be confused with Samsung's Field Sales Manager positions or District Manager positions. The Market Manager or Field Market Manager positions are responsible for all Samsung Bestbuy in-store Experience programs. Your market will consist of between 7-15 locations, along with Bestbuy Mobile locations. You will have to use your own vehicle and Samsung with pay for gas mileage.
    The Range for this position from my understanding via recruiter was between $65,000-$70,000, come to find out it is more so between $50,000-$56,000. The Role itself along with the responsibility and salary are FAR below any industry standard I have seen. This role clearly should range between $75k-$85k and that is including a company car. I was disappointed after going through several processes just to find out that the salary was much lower then discussed in the pre-screening interview and that happen to be placed clearly on my application location in the salary desired box.
    The entire process lasted 1 entire month and a week, I literally had to contact the recruiter to find out towards the end, if I still was being considered for the opportunity.

The job was reposted today Sept 4,2015

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you will adapt to a new organization with veteran Lead Experience Consultants, that may feel they should have been offered the position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seattle, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewed by 3 different people. HR, Hiring Manager & Manager of Hiring Manager.
    Very detailed process. The interviews went really well. The work culture is very tough. They never followed up despite several emails & phone calls.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a panel interview with three directors from Samsung Singapore. Two Singaporeans and one Korean. Was very efficient and moderate paced interview. Standard questions like why, what quality makes you stand out ect.

Interview Questions

• There is no unexpected questions .   1 Answer

I have not heard back from them.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Normal interview process

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in September 2013.

Interview

I've been contacted directly by HR, who assessed my experience based on a briefing they received from the hiring manager. After passed the screening (very basic), I've been directed to an interview with the hiring manager, who asked me to prepare a PPT explaining how I would conduct a campaign to sell more tablets to retailers

Interview Questions

• Questions focused mostly on my job experience with marketing   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics in November 2012.

Interview

Email from Marketing boss/ interview with 5 people

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was almost no negotiation on their side.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Almaty (Kazakhstan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Almaty (Kazakhstan)) in September 2012.

Interview

Three stages: HR manager, local manager, South Korean manager
    The interview with the latter was the longest one (1.5 hours)
    HR also asked to provide written confirmation from the university to check if diploma is real

Interview Questions

• The most important questions concerned professional experience and reason of leaving previous job   Answer Question