Samsung Electronics Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

GPU Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a mail from manager asking for availability for a phone screen. It was a 45 minute interview. After clearing the round, asked the availability for second phone screen. It was 30 minute interview stressing on state machines and verilog coding. Then I was invited for a onsite interview at San Jose office. It had 6 rounds of technical screening and 1 HR round. Due to lack of coordination between team members, after the first round, the interviewer was waiting for second team member to come and take the interview. Since no one showed up even after 10 minutes, she exchanged few mails between team members and finally manager has come after 15 minutes. After that the interview went smoothly with other team members. Was asked all basic questions on Verilog, System Verilog, C++ and Computer Architecture. I was able to answer all the questions except 2 or 3 questions in the whole interview. Even then I was rejected just due to the fact that I was unemployed for last 3 months. Whereas few of my friends who were not able to answer many questions are selected for the job. This is a very bad way of judging the candidates. Just because he/she was unemployed for last couple of months doesn't make him/her a bad candidate. Try to select a candidate based on the knowledge he/she has and not on the previous employment status.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Technical interview with director and several engineers; talk about career path, job responsibilities, future plans; then talk to hr and recruiter' typical hr and recruiter question. Very friendly.; overall it was Avery smooth process

Python Debug Tool Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Scheduled a 30 minutes phone interview. Skipped questions on resume for the later part of the interview. Dived straight into questions on Python scripting and regular expressions. Followed by C++ knowledge and other programming language experience.

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Jose, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was routine -- technical interviews with design engineers and informational interviews with the hiring manager and an HR person. Most engineers were courteous and asked relevant technical questions. One of the engineers kept on asking questions that seem to be specifically related to challenges or difficulties in the person's current project.

Industrial Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

2 recruiter phone calls, 1 phone call with Design Manager, another follow up to schedule in-person interviews. 4 in-person interview shortly after in-person group interview. All of the Samsung recruiters I interfaced with were very pleasant and helpful during the process. the whole process took several weeks in part because of scheduling conflicts. The new Samsung semiconductor campus is amazing.

Interview Questions

• ~ If you were given a last minute request for to generate a design concept what would you do?   Answer Question

Mobile Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Jose, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

probably the STRANGEST interview process. They called me. I answered questions. Someone from Korea called me. HR wanted me to fly out to SF. I had to pay for all travel and they paid me back in cash at the interview. At the interview they asked me what i wanted to do. i asked back what are you looking for, what do you need. After interview, I talked to people in Korea. HR told me they want to hire me. Asked for salary requirement. I had somewhat of inside scoop so played hardball. HR said they would give me an offer. Offer came 6 months after first time they mentioned offer. then they wanted me to pack and move within 2 weeks. BTW, you will also deal not only with inane Samsung HR people but with a US based recruiting company like "Asian Hires" OR "HR CAP" that don't have any answers either. And even if you're at the VP level you will be dealing with an assistant manager instead of a more experienced and decision enabling HR contact because the lower totem pole is the only one that speaks english.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Not sure about the title yet to be honest ... but I was interviewed for that center. Interview was first a screening process through the University and then an over video interview with employees in Seoul. I had to prepare a 10 slide powerpoint about my research/leadership experiences and include a few slides about my career goals. The interview itself felt relatively easy, albeit most interviews feel simple. I think the format they had allowed me to showcase myself a lot more than in other companies

Interview Questions

• Have you seen the Gangnam Style video?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about your experiences   1 Answer

Negotiation

Currently going through that since i got the offer two days ago. I don't plan to negotiate much other than ask, if possible, to live in Itaewon since a lot of my Korean friends live in the area and have suggested that I go there. I might also ask them about the Korea classes and if they have any language certication courses that I can start taking online. Pretty excited :D

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Jose, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview with the recruiter over the phone. Interview with the account manager over the phone.
    After that three onsite interviews with the hiring manager, supervisor and a group interview. After that professional reference check and a background check that takes about another week or so. Interviewed for one position in all interviews, when recruiter called with the offer it was for the same group and for entirely different job.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress in a challenging work environment   Answer Question

Technical Engineer Intern, Cloud Computing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was for Internship position as a cloud engineer. The phone interview lasted for 35 minutes and it was about my skills and my qualifications. The interviewer asked about my experience in C++ and Java. He also asked about my projects in graduate and undergraduate.

Interview Questions

• Why is C++ better for a programmer than Java. Explain one scenario where you will prefer C++ over java   1 Answer

Static Timing Analyzer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Jose, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

They take the phone interview first. For me they took two rounds of phone interview. Called for onsite interview but could not give me the interview decision for a long time. I am still waiting for last couple of months. I didn't see anything like that. They also doesn't seem to know what other Samsung side is doing.