Samsung Electronics Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.8

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Mountain View, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

whole interview process gone for 2 + months and took about 2 weeks to schedule each round of phone interview from folks TX, MA, CA.. areas. The recruiters and schedulers are disconnected and do not respond unless you follow-up on regular basis.
For me they 4-5 rounds of phone interviews and then sent very vague email that ' After reviewing all the feedback the team has decided not to move forward.'

Interview Questions

• I don't see any strong technical interviewer during interview process. They just ask and dig deep on your skills and projects. Be accurate what you tell if interviewer catches, he spends rest of the time on it.
    Ask about team structure since there are frequent re-orgs..   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Electronics

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

Most questions will be based on your experience described on your resume/CV. You should have strong opinion and supportive background information about the job that you are applying to. Search broad information about the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe best project that you were in it, and what was your role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Milpitas, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Had two telephone screens and then six onsite interviews. Questions were easy except one interviewer who was really smart and had good knowledge of file systems. Basic algorithm, operating systems questions. This position was for research group in flash space.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewer was surprised to know templates in C++ provide polymorphism. His reaction was "huh". Another interviewer's idea of LRU was MRU. After I politely tried correcting he didn't seem to be happy and stayed for next interview in room doing some verifications on his computer only to say in the end "I have seen many implementations" etc. Multiple red flags so decided to pass the offer.   Answer Question

As described in questions multiple red flags so decided to pass the offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

Professional and confident. All the questiona related to topic. However at the and some age and status related personal questions. 4 rounds of interviews. 1-st phone screening; 2-nd phone tech interview; 3 -on site tech interview; 4 VP-level placenment interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Patna, Bihar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Patna, Bihar (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

they gave me a basic dp challenge, we had to code, that's it. show one solution nd we were hired. benefits of applying from an iit. Overall they cam on campus for mass hiring for their new noida campus. so, they wanted to hire more and more, gave only 1 programming challenge.

Interview Questions

• they gave me a basic dp challenge   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

i attended 2 rounds of interview, i am not sure about how many rounds of interview.

2 person took interview .

2 person took interview .

Interview Questions

• Asked the C#.net related topics (delegates,events, task,thread,singleton, interface,abstract,exception,abstraction/encasulation)
      Round 2- Some DS related stuff - BST, find the top 10 items in BST.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Submitted application form through email. I got the job notice from a newspaper. After few months they asked for written exam. Exam was in c programming language and competitive test. After the written exam they called for viva.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

1)written(c,c++ ,ds,algorithms,object oriented programming)2) two rounds of interview of 1 hour each3) hr discussion
    interview was average and question were asked from entirely from c++,object oriented programming.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview process was lengthy. They were on a hiring spree , I think becasue there were mamy other candidates being taken around.
     My intereviewer was very knowledgeable. Asked some tough questions on multi threading, String and in general core-Java. There was also a programming test which was easy. But the managerial interview and technical interview were hard.

Interview Questions

• Why is thread run method protected and not public, if it is in object class?   2 Answers

Negotiation

not too much, I asked for a package but they refused bluntly . Later i talked over phone, but I had not answered all questions on the interview, So I accepted their offer at the end.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

Good, as two technical rounds happened

Interview Questions

• Writing code for each of the question on Hibernate and Spring   2 Answers