Samsung Electronics Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Samsung Electronics Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Mountain View, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

whole interview process gone for 2 + months and took about 2 weeks to schedule each round of phone interview from folks TX, MA, CA.. areas. The recruiters and schedulers are disconnected and do not respond unless you follow-up on regular basis.
For me they 4-5 rounds of phone interviews and then sent very vague email that ' After reviewing all the feedback the team has decided not to move forward.'

Interview Questions

• I don't see any strong technical interviewer during interview process. They just ask and dig deep on your skills and projects. Be accurate what you tell if interviewer catches, he spends rest of the time on it.
    Ask about team structure since there are frequent re-orgs..
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Electronics

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

Most questions will be based on your experience described on your resume/CV. You should have strong opinion and supportive background information about the job that you are applying to. Search broad information about the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe best project that you were in it, and what was your role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Milpitas, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Had two telephone screens and then six onsite interviews. Questions were easy except one interviewer who was really smart and had good knowledge of file systems. Basic algorithm, operating systems questions. This position was for research group in flash space.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewer was surprised to know templates in C++ provide polymorphism. His reaction was "huh". Another interviewer's idea of LRU was MRU. After I politely tried correcting he didn't seem to be happy and stayed for next interview in room doing some verifications on his computer only to say in the end "I have seen many implementations" etc. Multiple red flags so decided to pass the offer.   Answer Question

As described in questions multiple red flags so decided to pass the offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

i attended 2 rounds of interview, i am not sure about how many rounds of interview.

2 person took interview .

2 person took interview .

Interview Questions

• Asked the C#.net related topics (delegates,events, task,thread,singleton, interface,abstract,exception,abstraction/encasulation)
      Round 2- Some DS related stuff - BST, find the top 10 items in BST.
      Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Submitted application form through email. I got the job notice from a newspaper. After few months they asked for written exam. Exam was in c programming language and competitive test. After the written exam they called for viva.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

1)written(c,c++ ,ds,algorithms,object oriented programming)2) two rounds of interview of 1 hour each3) hr discussion
    interview was average and question were asked from entirely from c++,object oriented programming.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview process was lengthy. They were on a hiring spree , I think becasue there were mamy other candidates being taken around.
     My intereviewer was very knowledgeable. Asked some tough questions on multi threading, String and in general core-Java. There was also a programming test which was easy. But the managerial interview and technical interview were hard.

Interview Questions

• Why is thread run method protected and not public, if it is in object class?   Answer Question

Negotiation

not too much, I asked for a package but they refused bluntly . Later i talked over phone, but I had not answered all questions on the interview, So I accepted their offer at the end.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

Good, as two technical rounds happened

Interview Questions

• Writing code for each of the question on Hibernate and Spring   2 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

The hiring process gives more stress on programming abilities. Written test in C , C++ ,Java is conducted for candidates having less than 5 years of experience. Cutoff is now made 50% (earlier it was 40%).
    After clearing written test, 2 or more rounds of interviews are conducted. Interviews are usually focused on the job requirement, programming and design patterns.
    There can be multiple rounds of technical interviews with different teams so its important to be patient and give your best in each one of them.

Interview Questions

• In the written test some questions were compiler dependent.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Resume and interview, background check