Samsung Electronics Interview Questions in Seoul | Glassdoor

3.2

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

Interview has 2 parts which are personality interview and technical interview,
    during personality interview, An inspector would ask you about your personality pros and cons. and your background, relationship, family.
    for the technical interview, you would get some technical question about your major.
    and perhaps they want you to contribute for this company if you get in.

Interview Questions

• they asked me what I've been doing in my field. what class I liked most.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

Professional and confident. All the questiona related to topic. However at the and some age and status related personal questions. 4 rounds of interviews. 1-st phone screening; 2-nd phone tech interview; 3 -on site tech interview; 4 VP-level placenment interview

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a standard process. I already took part in the group project. So, the manager who offer job knew me during the project. But, I think they try to focus on personal characteristic.

International Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in March 2016.

Interview

There were 4 interviewers. They asked me random questions such as differences with Russian and Korean culture. They gave me many 'what if' quesitons, and half of the interview was done in Korean and English.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Tolstoy and Dostoevski?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in January 2016.

Interview

I was asked to answer technical questions regarding software engineering knowledge.
    Most of them were not very difficult to answer.
    The interviewer seemed to lack programming knowledge required to test the applicants' competency.
    The interview was rather short. Instead they gave me a project, which they required me to finish in a week's time.
    They choose 3~5 people depending on how many people they need at the time.
    And you are not allowed to talk about any questions you get asked during the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in October 2014.

Interview

1 Test and 1 Interview in Korea. Test called SSAT is pretty easy and relatively scored. So if you apply to popular position, you should get very high score on the test. Interview was very plain.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in October 2014.

Interview

All the process,interviews are conducted in Korean. You can choose one of their business division ahead of interview, and have to take its own exam which is bit challenging. in the interview, they went through the detail of my resume, and my cover letter, and asked me very difficult questions to answer. Also, I had to explain the principle of MOSFET, and its strucutre, fabrication processes.

Interview Questions

• As you mentioned the global mind set in your cover, what is this and how it can help your role.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in June 2014.

Interview

Two interviews in one day.
    One on your skill and the other on yourself overall.
    Since I was applying for marketing interns, they give us 3 or 4 types of question which I can choose from on marketing strategy. And then it was required to submit marketing strategy in 30 minutes and after that i did presentation in front of 3 interviewers.
    And there was a test after two interviews on the personality.
    It was not very hard and the interviewers overall try to relax candidate.
    It was 3 to 1, 3 interviewers and 1 interviewee.
    One interview takes around 30 minutes but in total it takes about two and a half hours.
    And I was almost the first who took every interviews so it will take around three or four hours on average.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Samsung Talent Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in April 2014.

Interview

online application, followed by written test. the written test was somehow IQ test with numerical test, all the contents was written in Korean. there are many reference book for the test available in the bookstore, so it is better to pracice before you take the exam.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to Samsung, and what can you contribute?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in March 2014.

Interview

behavioral structured interview. I had to go thorugh my resume and cover letter and they asked general interview questions and behavioral structrued questions. First strated with tell me about yourself. And a series of behavioral qeustions waent along.