Samsung Electronics Interview Questions in Seoul, South Korea | Glassdoor

Samsung Electronics Interview Questions in Seoul, South Korea

Updated Apr 24, 2017

"software" Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)).

Interview

Vague communication between the exchange university and Samsung, as if they had never recruited there before. Short interview about some vaguely technical questions in front of four Korean managers with long time (four months) hearing nothing from the company. They didn't seem to care about my education, experience, or interest other than living in Korea.

Interview Questions

• Can you say something in Korean?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation in any aspect. Details about pay, bonuses, and holidays are given at the last minute. Salary was 30% lower than expected for the first three months of employment and "occasional overtime" is a gross under-exaggeration.

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a standard process. I already took part in the group project. So, the manager who offer job knew me during the project. But, I think they try to focus on personal characteristic.

International Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in March 2016.

Interview

There were 4 interviewers. They asked me random questions such as differences with Russian and Korean culture. They gave me many 'what if' quesitons, and half of the interview was done in Korean and English.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Tolstoy and Dostoevski?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in January 2016.

Interview

I was asked to answer technical questions regarding software engineering knowledge.
    Most of them were not very difficult to answer.
    The interviewer seemed to lack programming knowledge required to test the applicants' competency.
    The interview was rather short. Instead they gave me a project, which they required me to finish in a week's time.
    They choose 3~5 people depending on how many people they need at the time.
    And you are not allowed to talk about any questions you get asked during the interview.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)) in November 2014.

Interview

Contacted HR through a job posting from school. HR responded right away with a few questions (making sure I am willing to work in Korea). Within a few days there was a phone interview. There was one person speaking English who was in direct contact with me. There were other people there who were not introduced. After every questioned answered, it seemed like she was translating it from English to Korean to them. There was also roughly a minute or so of Korean conversation happening. Questions were on why, why, and why. Why Samsung? Why Korea? Why this area? Also, they asked about my resume and a little about my research. After a thank you email, I waited a week without an update from HR. I emailed and found out I passed. The next step was an in-person interview. After a couple of months of planning the America visit, I met with a panel of 4 interviewers. The interview was only an hour and I was asked to present my research. Questions were primarily on my research and very little technical questions were asked. It seemed more like they wanted to get to know me. They were nice and friendly. Their English was very good. Questions were not too difficult. It was a very good experience for me. It took 1 month for them to make a decision or at least get back to me after follow-ups.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Korea? Why do you want to work at Samsung? How do you cope with stress? What are your hobbies?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in October 2014.

Interview

1 Test and 1 Interview in Korea. Test called SSAT is pretty easy and relatively scored. So if you apply to popular position, you should get very high score on the test. Interview was very plain.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in October 2014.

Interview

All the process,interviews are conducted in Korean. You can choose one of their business division ahead of interview, and have to take its own exam which is bit challenging. in the interview, they went through the detail of my resume, and my cover letter, and asked me very difficult questions to answer. Also, I had to explain the principle of MOSFET, and its strucutre, fabrication processes.

Interview Questions

• As you mentioned the global mind set in your cover, what is this and how it can help your role.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in June 2014.

Interview

Two interviews in one day.
    One on your skill and the other on yourself overall.
    Since I was applying for marketing interns, they give us 3 or 4 types of question which I can choose from on marketing strategy. And then it was required to submit marketing strategy in 30 minutes and after that i did presentation in front of 3 interviewers.
    And there was a test after two interviews on the personality.
    It was not very hard and the interviewers overall try to relax candidate.
    It was 3 to 1, 3 interviewers and 1 interviewee.
    One interview takes around 30 minutes but in total it takes about two and a half hours.
    And I was almost the first who took every interviews so it will take around three or four hours on average.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Samsung Talent Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in April 2014.

Interview

online application, followed by written test. the written test was somehow IQ test with numerical test, all the contents was written in Korean. there are many reference book for the test available in the bookstore, so it is better to pracice before you take the exam.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to Samsung, and what can you contribute?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in March 2014.

Interview

behavioral structured interview. I had to go thorugh my resume and cover letter and they asked general interview questions and behavioral structrued questions. First strated with tell me about yourself. And a series of behavioral qeustions waent along.