Samsung Electronics Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

3.5

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

It was an open position in Seoul, South Korea. The interviewers and interviewees were all Koreans.
After taking an aptitude test, only people who passed are invited to do 2 interviews. (The interviewees were all in their last year in universities in the US)
Before two interviews, we took an exam about coding.
One is about your personality and the other is about how much skills you have.
In the first interview, they asked questions based on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to come to the USA?
    Why did you choose that school? Why did you choose not to go to better school? (Yes, they asked me)

Why do you wanna do software developing? (My major was not Software)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Electronics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Jose, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

For the 1st onsite interview, I need to finish a written C-Test. It took about 90 minutes. Then, 2 senior engineers asked me some technical questions (C++, Java), and some algorithm questions.
    For the 2nd onsite interview, I talked to 1 Director of RD and then a senior engineer. Same thing, C++/Java/Linked-list questions.
    For the 3rd interview, I talked to their VP of RD. Some C++/Java/Algorithm questions, even let me answer 2 questions at home(since I don't know the answer during the interview).
    But, it turned out, they still not giving me an offer.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patiala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Patiala (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

The process was easy 10 out of 18 got offer.
    First round was coding round 1 question to be solved in 3 hours
    followed by two technical and one hr round

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

On campus recruitment in gwalior. College called the company for the placement . Three round with hr round occurs. two rounds consisting of data structure and algorithm question was asked. Some question on Operating Systema nd computer networks were also asked.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Recife, Pernambuco (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Recife, Pernambuco (Brazil)) in October 2016.

Interview

You just have to send documents and gets interviewed by HR, then they make generic HR questions like what are your defetcs and where you excel etc. What was our best work, and one hting you remind yuo did very well from last job.

Interview Questions

• Whats was my interest in the company   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Warsaw (Poland)) in June 2016.

Interview

Quite a big (approx. 5 pages) test with questions about Java, Spring, Hibernate, Groovy, SQL, JavaScript. You've got 0.5h for this. Then another 0.5h for talking with HR. Standard questions. Then another 0.5h talking with a software developer. Questions about Java, concurrency, data structures, system design, some talking in English.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (New Delhi (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview was creative, asked me to create thread library and some coding questions.
    Also they asked me about brief introduction and projects done in past.
    they also consider your CGPA

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Technical Test,GSAT,Technical and Hr Interview

Interview Questions

• Why would Samsung want you?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Madrid (Spain)) in May 2012.

Interview

They contacted me through an external recruiter and asked me to go to their office for a F2F interview. The first interview was not technical, and rather about my career path and so.
    After some weeks, I had a technical interview with some head of engineering of theirs. He asked me rather theoretical questions about the Android OS and its architecture. I also had to write a test about the Java programming language and C.

Few days after, I was asked to complete two online tests, one was IQ evaluation and the other psychological.

After some more weeks I was called to be told that I was selected, but I wouldn't join until some months after.

In the end, they never called again, and when I got in touch with the HR manager, he started giving me some poor excuses about delays and "potential follo-up" the next year.

Of course after this frustrating experience, I gave up with them.

Interview Questions

• Java casting. if B extends A, can you do something like this? ((A) B).methodOfA   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (New Delhi (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

-- 1st there was written test which consist of 50 question to be solved in 1 hour. there was no -ve marking.
    -- Questions were of logical reasoning, from aptitude and DI
    -- After this there was technical round consists of 30 question from Data Structure, c , Operating systems
       there was -ve marking in technical round
    -- After clearing this round there was technical interview
    -- After this there was HR round.
    -- in technical they asked about programming in c
    -- basics of all subjects is required to be selected
    -- that's all about the process through which i was selected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me About your project of last year   1 Answer
    • About process sharing , multiprocess, some operating system concept   Answer Question
    • Basic hr questions strength and weak points   1 Answer

Negotiation

No need to negotiation. Company provide best package in market according to your skills