Samsung Electronics Interview Questions in South Korea | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2017

75 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in September 2017.

Interview

1) I introduce my overall Ph.D. course
    2) I introduce my recent studies, accomplishment, highlights
    3) Interviewer ask me some specific techniques I used in my past studies.
    4) I present a future plan in Samsung Electronics

Interview Questions

• Why Samsung?   1 Answer
    • Are there any techniques I proposed, which can be used in Samsung's products like Galaxy?   1 Answer

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

Interview has 2 parts which are personality interview and technical interview,
    during personality interview, An inspector would ask you about your personality pros and cons. and your background, relationship, family.
    for the technical interview, you would get some technical question about your major.
    and perhaps they want you to contribute for this company if you get in.

Interview Questions

• they asked me what I've been doing in my field. what class I liked most.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

Professional and confident. All the questiona related to topic. However at the and some age and status related personal questions. 4 rounds of interviews. 1-st phone screening; 2-nd phone tech interview; 3 -on site tech interview; 4 VP-level placenment interview

Procurement Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

They give some test for IQ . And then there are 3 interviews for candidates , First is skill interview, second is normal interview and lastly, there is group interview . In group interview , there are some questions for understanding industry.

Interview Questions

• what kind of sepc is gonna rule the market. tell us more specifically.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

One hour phone screen followed by an onsite interview at their Korean campus in Hwaseong. I interviewed with a panel of five PHDs in a conference room and engaged in a technical discussion.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked me about my prior experiences. Asked a few questions related to how I would debug certain signal integrity problems. Was not a difficult interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

There were two interviews. The last one was with CEO of samsung. WOOOOOW. I was asked some questions regarding my personality. Interviewers were kindly but they didn't quite like my jokes. You have to be dressed up.

Interview Questions

• Q. Would you would you do in the situation your boss is working late and you have done all of your job?   Answer Question

"software" Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)).

Interview

Vague communication between the exchange university and Samsung, as if they had never recruited there before. Short interview about some vaguely technical questions in front of four Korean managers with long time (four months) hearing nothing from the company. They didn't seem to care about my education, experience, or interest other than living in Korea.

Interview Questions

• Can you say something in Korean?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation in any aspect. Details about pay, bonuses, and holidays are given at the last minute. Salary was 30% lower than expected for the first three months of employment and "occasional overtime" is a gross under-exaggeration.

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a standard process. I already took part in the group project. So, the manager who offer job knew me during the project. But, I think they try to focus on personal characteristic.

International Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in March 2016.

Interview

There were 4 interviewers. They asked me random questions such as differences with Russian and Korean culture. They gave me many 'what if' quesitons, and half of the interview was done in Korean and English.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Tolstoy and Dostoevski?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

it was fit interview without asking much about any technical stuff. The interview was very in a comfortable environment and the interviewers were very nice. They asked a few questions.