Samsung Electronics Interview Questions in South Korea | Glassdoor

Samsung Electronics Interview Questions in South Korea

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.9

Procurement Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

They give some test for IQ . And then there are 3 interviews for candidates , First is skill interview, second is normal interview and lastly, there is group interview . In group interview , there are some questions for understanding industry.

Interview Questions

• what kind of sepc is gonna rule the market. tell us more specifically.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

One hour phone screen followed by an onsite interview at their Korean campus in Hwaseong. I interviewed with a panel of five PHDs in a conference room and engaged in a technical discussion.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked me about my prior experiences. Asked a few questions related to how I would debug certain signal integrity problems. Was not a difficult interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

There were two interviews. The last one was with CEO of samsung. WOOOOOW. I was asked some questions regarding my personality. Interviewers were kindly but they didn't quite like my jokes. You have to be dressed up.

Interview Questions

• Q. Would you would you do in the situation your boss is working late and you have done all of your job?   Answer Question

"software" Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)).

Interview

Vague communication between the exchange university and Samsung, as if they had never recruited there before. Short interview about some vaguely technical questions in front of four Korean managers with long time (four months) hearing nothing from the company. They didn't seem to care about my education, experience, or interest other than living in Korea.

Interview Questions

• Can you say something in Korean?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation in any aspect. Details about pay, bonuses, and holidays are given at the last minute. Salary was 30% lower than expected for the first three months of employment and "occasional overtime" is a gross under-exaggeration.

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a standard process. I already took part in the group project. So, the manager who offer job knew me during the project. But, I think they try to focus on personal characteristic.

International Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in March 2016.

Interview

There were 4 interviewers. They asked me random questions such as differences with Russian and Korean culture. They gave me many 'what if' quesitons, and half of the interview was done in Korean and English.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Tolstoy and Dostoevski?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

it was fit interview without asking much about any technical stuff. The interview was very in a comfortable environment and the interviewers were very nice. They asked a few questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Seoul (South Korea)) in January 2016.

Interview

I was asked to answer technical questions regarding software engineering knowledge.
    Most of them were not very difficult to answer.
    The interviewer seemed to lack programming knowledge required to test the applicants' competency.
    The interview was rather short. Instead they gave me a project, which they required me to finish in a week's time.
    They choose 3~5 people depending on how many people they need at the time.
    And you are not allowed to talk about any questions you get asked during the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

First phase is a written exam. GMAT kind of thing. All the questions are easy but need to be done fast. Reasoning part seems a bit hard. But this is also the step where most applicants fail to pass to the next step. Exam result is announced in about 2 weeks. If Pass, the next step is interview session which could take between 1 and 2 hours. It consists of two sessions. The first part is interview about your personality and ambitions and missions in life. The second part is more of technical and what you did in school. (I applied for through the school where i was doing my MSc in computers.) Also needed to give a few minutes presentation of what one did in school.
    During the interview, there was nothing really difficult about it. Need to be honest and relaxed. However, the interviewers check if you know korean language and if you do it is a big plus.

Interview Questions

• - Passing the written exam is, i think, the most difficult part of getting job to samsung (even though the exam by itself is seems so easy).   Answer Question

Negotiation

As a zero year experience candidate, no negotiation was offered.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)) in November 2014.

Interview

Contacted HR through a job posting from school. HR responded right away with a few questions (making sure I am willing to work in Korea). Within a few days there was a phone interview. There was one person speaking English who was in direct contact with me. There were other people there who were not introduced. After every questioned answered, it seemed like she was translating it from English to Korean to them. There was also roughly a minute or so of Korean conversation happening. Questions were on why, why, and why. Why Samsung? Why Korea? Why this area? Also, they asked about my resume and a little about my research. After a thank you email, I waited a week without an update from HR. I emailed and found out I passed. The next step was an in-person interview. After a couple of months of planning the America visit, I met with a panel of 4 interviewers. The interview was only an hour and I was asked to present my research. Questions were primarily on my research and very little technical questions were asked. It seemed more like they wanted to get to know me. They were nice and friendly. Their English was very good. Questions were not too difficult. It was a very good experience for me. It took 1 month for them to make a decision or at least get back to me after follow-ups.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Korea? Why do you want to work at Samsung? How do you cope with stress? What are your hobbies?   Answer Question