Samsung Electronics Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 10, 2017

2.9

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Robotics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

My recruiter offer me this position. Three weeks later I had an interview with the project manager. They told me they will send news through my recruiter. I did not pass to the next one.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience. Diferences between Kalman filter and Particle filter. Diferences between C++ and Python. Subversion control. Code style guide.   Answer Question

Senior Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staines, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Staines, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and Remote Video interview were done. The process was straight forward, however I wasn't allowed to meet colleagues or see the place I would work, which was super weird. I wish I could have met colleagues and the workplace, I probably wouldn't have taken the job if I had the opportunity to do both.

Interview Questions

• Gave me an issue and asked me my process to solve it.   1 Answer

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

1 to 1 interview with head of division and then demonstrate the former works done
    and second interview with the person in charge of the biz in Europe
    interview was very casual and easy to deal with but a bit too long for waiting time to hear the result

Interview Questions

• describe yourself and what have I done before and discuss the communication process of the company   1 Answer

Samsung Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chertsey, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Chertsey, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

I submitted my CV and cover letter to the email address I found online, their website said 'Apply now', but after submitting my application I got an automatic email saying 'Applications for our Graduate Programs are now closed'. I was upset that I spent at least an hour making my application, just to find out the deadline passed. However, I was contacted after 2 months to complete some online tests and then a video interview. I was shortly invited for an assessment day.

We were told to do a lot of research about Samsung and there will be a technical test regarding Samsung during the assessment, but throughout the day there was no such thing, and very few things were asked about Samsung, we even sat for an hour and they told us everything about Samsung. We were also told we had to re-do the same online aptitude tests we did at home, just to check if we did not cheat - the tests were waaaaay harder!

We had to make a PowerPoint presentation based on a case study, we were each given laptops and when I checked the time, it was set to 11pm or something, no other clock in the room which confused me and I constantly had to ask a supervisor for time.

It was also upsetting that they didn't pay for any transport/accomodation, and it costed me at least £120 pounds to make it for the assessment day, just to find out later I didn't get the job and I was given a feedback which was supposed to be helpful, but it only praised me for all the good things I did and only 1-2 aspects I should improve.

Probably the best marketing trick I learnt however - telling all my friends and family to never buy a Samsung phone again.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Samsung?
      What is the most interesting project you worked on?
      Recent marketing campaign that caught your attention?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied Online and after 3 months i received a phone call to arrange a phone interview
    Step 1 : Phone interview no more than 20 minutes ( General Question around technology, my studies, previous working experience)
    Step 2: One to one interview ( 1-hour technical interview and 30 minutes HR interview)

Interview Questions

• If you were a manager at Samsung in which technologies you suggest that the company must invest?   1 Answer

Marketing Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chertsey, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Chertsey, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Online tests followed a format I wasn't used to (1 minute for each question and a large number of potential answers to choose from a drop down menu). However, I passed this stage and completed a video interview consisting a small number of easy questions. The assessment centre was a really friendly environment, and a great opportunity to network. It consisted of a group task, case study presentation, interview and Q&A session with several line managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a recent marketing campaign (not necessarily Samsung!!)   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chertsey, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Chertsey, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

CV and cover letter - emailed.

Test online - these were very hard but remember to not panic and make sure you keep track of the time for each question.

Online interview - was straight forward but very time-restricted.

Assessment day - fun, all employees were lovely and so welcoming, I knew straight away I would fit in with the company!

Graduate Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chertsey, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Chertsey, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted CV by email, then invited to complete a numerical, logical and verbal test, followed by a video interview. I was later called in for an assessment centre. This lasted about 8 hours and consisted of several rounds of interviews, a group exercise, an individual case presentation, Microsoft Office tests and re-take of the initial tests mentioned above. However, it was a relaxed atmosphere. We were served lunch and had the opportunity to chat with the current graduates and different managers during the breaks.

UK/EU Graduate Programmer (Marketing) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chertsey, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Chertsey, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

The whole application process was pretty straightforward and took less than two months to complete. First stage is a CV/Cover letter screening. Then you are invited to complete online aptitude tests (numerical, verbal and logical reasoning 40 min altogether). Once you pass the tests you are invited to a short online interview (4 competency and 1 technical 10 min in total). Time was the biggest issue since you are given between 30 and 45 sec to prepare and the same amount of time to record your answers. If you are successful, you are then invited to attend an assessment center and a face-to-face interview at Samsung Electronics headquarters in Chertsey, Surrey.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you want this job? What do you know about Samsung and why do you think you fit right with our Marketing Graduate Scheme?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a situation where you had to balance heavy-load tasks? How did you manage your time and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about the last time you had to learn a new task?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in an environment that was new to you? How did you adjust yourself to this environment?   Answer Question
    • What was the last marketing campaign that really impressed you and why?   Answer Question

Logistics Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chertsey, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Chertsey, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

In depth and friendly, though somewhat informal, which I consider a plus. Typically wanted to know what I could bring to the company and what relevant experience I had. General chat with the interview before the interview started, gave me the impression she works hard and expects he same in return.

Interview Questions

• Are you available immediately   1 Answer