Samsung India Software Operations Interview Questions in Bengaluru | Glassdoor

2.9

101 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

Professional certification test for 4 hours was conducted and need to answer 1 question. It was well planned and conducted smoothly. Just revise you basic and attend the test and changes are high for clearing

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Online aptitude test. Shortlisted for an interview. Typical campus selection process. 2 rounds of interviews, followed by a HR round. There isn't mu h need for preparation. It's just really basic stuff one will know. The online aptitude test is then followed by a test on basic circuit theory.

Interview Questions

• Draw a state diagram.
      Circuit timing analysis.
      Circuit theory stuff.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

It was very easy. data structure questions were asked. Basic designing questions were asked. Asked to explain one of my projects.overall it was easy. Just need to know linked list, stack etc.

Interview Questions

• Online test to implement shortest path in a graph.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

I was interviewed for samsung india software operations in Jan 2005. Interview was very easy.
    It was for multimedia codec development (audio/video) on arm, starcore platform.
    The position was for porting and optimization engineer on various DSP/Arm processors.
    They wanted to expand DSP group and hence interview process was made easy.

Interview Questions

• 1. DSP system: Y = a*x + b is it a linear system ?
      2. Describe psycho-acoustic model used for general audio codec.
      3. Draw block diagram of general audio codec and explain.
      4. What is the use of transform (dct).
      General questions on my previous work.
      Interview was for 30 minutes and it was relatively easy.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Since i was intern at Samsung. Whole process had two rounds one interview and one on-line coding test.Interview was based on project done during internship ,data structures & algorithms .for data structures and algorithm complete code was required in any programming language.I preferred using c++. there were some question combination(recurrence).

Interview Questions

• questions mainly based on Graph theory with complete codes   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

Horrible! They have no idea about what to ask & how to interact with candidate. A guy was literally behaving like a goon. They have no standards. No culture. I was irritating when that guy was asking questions which were no where related to devops role. He was like "Before I start if you want to know about me, I have worked for Yahoo, I have developed that, developed this, etc..etc..." he himself was praising. Interview was for DevOps role but they have asked me questions about RMS value, Ohm's law, etc.. A big laugh!. Only few questions were about Linux, OpenStack, AWS and CI tools (First round). They told me that many guys are leaving so they are hiring for operations role, later I understand why they might be leaving the job. Before that I had a telephonic round of interview, interviewer asking a question that "What is purpose?" I asked him do you mean "process in Linux"? he said, yes yes, yes... OMG... :-)

Interview Questions

• RMS Values, Ohms's Law, kirchhoff law, L3 switch and OpenStack related questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I was hired by Samsung when it came for Campus Recruitment. Initially there was a presentation followed by a standardized GSAT which Samsung holds across the world. After that was a coding and outputs round, pointers and recursion were the prime focus. There was a 1 on 1 interview, where mostly puzzles were asked. Finally HR round with general background questions, likes, interests, etc. were asked

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

I got the interview mail through Naukri.com. After reaching Samsung R&D Institute Bangalore,
    the interviewer started the interview questions mostly from my previous project of Intel. In Second round, I was asked some programming concept as well along with the project details of Intel. Third round taken by General Manager and it was a little bit of technical as well. Finally the HR round.

Interview Questions

• - 1st round, the description of Automation framework used in Intel. How to import c files in a python? How to access data from three servers simultaneously using Python?
      - 2nd round, OOPS concept used in python.
      - 3rd round, How FPGA works? What does 10nm technology stands for and some non-technical typical managerial questions.
      - HR round, all general standard questions like why do you want to switch company?   Answer Question

Senior Research Position In Samsung R&D Bangalore Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

There seems to be no process for interview. I was contacted by a HR in Samsung who arranged a discussion with a SVP. The discussion was more about work being done in Samsung R&D and my research experience. It went well and followed by an HR round. I was told that an offer will be rolled out. After few days, got an email from another HR to share my compensation detail. After another week, HR called to set another technical discussion with some senior researcher in Samsung, Bangalore. It was again face-to-face. It was typical research interview where I was asked questions around my research, it also went well. However, the interviewer never allowed me to complete my answers by saying he understood what I am going to say next :-). There was another technical discussion which also went well. By this time, one thing I realized that the questions around work-culture are being avoided or not answered clearly. There are so many negative reviews about Samsung Bangalore in Glassdoor. Anyway, there was another call after few weeks again asking details to roll out an offer but by this time I realized it may not be a good place to work. So I withdrew my candidature.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung India Software Operations (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Fairly Organized Interview Process...
    Interview rounds for Internship included:
    1st round : Aptitude test
    2nd Round: Coding test (3 questions in 90 minutes)

For job Interview:
    1st Round: Coding
    2nd Round: Technical Interview
    3rd Round: HR Round

Technical Round was the toughest with questions ranging from dynamic programming to c/c++ concepts such as use of ifdef, calloc, malloc etc...

Interview Questions

• Write the algorithm for Maximum sum increasing subsequence?   1 Answer