Samsung Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Samsung Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.9

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung.

Interview

Opening screening with recruiter who was knowledgable of the position. Two onsite interviews with future colleagues and management. Interview process was well organized and efficient. The questions were not far reached questions. They were interested to see how you problem solve and approach a problem versus knowing the correct question. The experience was very positive and I ended getting an offer.

Mobile QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

I applied online. There were two rounds of on-site interviews. The first one was creative and meant to see if I fit well for the position. The last one I was interviewed based on my resume and experience mainly by the team lead. All people were very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite mobile application and what would you add to it.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

They asked for a presentation but did not even allow me to speak for the allotted time, after a series of interruptions. Some interviewers tried to show themselves off rather than trying to know me. Many had no idea of how to go about doing an interview. Two of them were fresh out of college and made a mess out of the whole situation.

The biggest problems with Samsung interviewers is that they hide their own ignorance with arrogance. One of the worst interview experiences I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a request for a software feature that does not actually make sense to implement?   Answer Question

Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Asked about introduction about myself, then proceeded with asking questions over my resume. Asked about AC/DC and differences. Asked about what types of test equipment, and to teach him about them. Asked about what kind of equipment I worked on and to teach him about them. Asked me what I knew about Samsung Austin Semiconductors, and then ended with asking if I had any questions for him.

Applications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung in January 2017.

Interview

I've had two phone interviews thus far. Both went well. Communication has been via email. Always at my convenience. Waiting for an opportunity for an in person interview. Overall the process h as been going well.

Interview Questions

• What did I understand applications specialist to be and why I felt I'd be a good fit for the job   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

HR Screening, Hiring manager phone interview, in person Interview, VTC with head of group. The process was very easy and straight to the point. I was very impressed at how efficient the process was

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung (New York, NY).

Interview

Presentation for my previous achievement and work related to this position. By Skype chat we talked more about personality, likeness, and more beyond research. Also we have lunch together as an informal interview.

Interview Questions

• What's your strengths for this position   4 Answers

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung in October 2016.

Interview

I applied Samsung 2 months ago. I got 30 minutes one phone interview with hiring manager and onsite interview. There are 4 round interviews with team members in onsite.They really liked logical questions. Everybody seem very nice. We ate lunch together.

Interview Questions

• You walk to south 1mile and west 1mile and north 1mile. Then you arrived starting point. Why?   1 Answer
    • How many '5' in 0~10000   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung in October 2016.

Interview

Visited the headquarters building in New Jersey for four interviews with five different people over the course of two hours. First met with a representative from the technical side, then a peer, then the manager and finally two representatives from the marketing department. Getting the interview scheduled was difficult logistically, as the recruiter was in California and the on-site contact was also out of the office on the day of the meeting.

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung (Madison, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and followed by 2 in person interviews. I was asked many behavioral questions during phone interview and many situational questions during in person interview