Samsung Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through company website and university portal. Got a call in a couple of weeks.
    Had a short phone interview discussing my interests and resume. Basic python knowledge(I had very little experience at time of interview.). They don't use Java at Samsung semiconductors.

After phone interview , had an onsite interview after 2 weeks.
    5 hr interview, 6 interviewers -- questions related to resume and programming. I knew java so wrote my programs in that. mostly tested logic and approach. Data structures -- trees related questions. (similar to amazon interview)

Interview Questions

• Questions on python basics, regex, scripting, automation etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews - all over the phone (I don't go to school in the Bay Area). First with recruiter, then hiring manager, then a member of the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; Tell me about your past internship; what do you think the biggest trend in tech right now is; why do you want to go into the tech industry; why do you go to *insert university here*; how does Snapchat currently make profit and what additions could they bring on to increase profits; what experience do you have in marketing and sales   Answer Question

GPU Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Horrible!!! Interview was scheduled and the Interviewer had no idea of what questions to be asked. Absoutely no coordination between the Managers and HR. The most unorganized Interview process I have ever experienced. Atleast, treat the candidates with some respect. If you do not want to proceed with a candidate after looking at his/her resume, please do not invite them to have an interview and waste their time.

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very long drawn out process. Worse thing is that they made an offer and discussed details with me for a couple of weeks verbally and then the day it was to be finalized they announced the job description changed and that I no longer fit the description.

The phone screen and in house interview was professionally handled and everyone I met was on top of their game.

Interview Questions

• A mix of behavioral, program management, and technical questions. Everyone on the interview panel was very professional and on top of their game.   Answer Question

Android Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Call from the recruiter which followed by phone screen.
    After the phone screen 4 onsite interviews some were technical and some were more behavioral.
    All interviews were professional and well balanced, no surprises or tricks, mostly wanted to verify my past experience and my android knowledge. over whole a balanced interview.

Interview Questions

• A collection of past experience questions like: describe in detail a project you worked on. Also some coding questions for sorting techniques. final interviews were mostly focused on behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Senior Mobile Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

There was an initial call with the recruiter Ron. He was one of those people who did not even make the effort to call you. YOU had to call him? First negative impression. Second, he connects with the hiring manager who just asks some basic Android questions. It appeared he was just seeing the resume for the first time and just asking random questions somebody searched on Google and gave him. I get invited for an 2-hour onsite with some engineers. Btw, the schedule doesn't even include an interview with the manager. WEIRD! I get there and they make me wait for 15 mins. Then one engineer shows up who is not even interested to interview. He says there has been some change to the schedule and others could not make it as they are stuck with some critical issue. WTH?? I drove 2 hours for this?? Absolutely unprofessional. The guy then not even introduces himself and goes straight to ask 2 coding qns on the whiteboard. I answer them just fine and he says after that this is the only interview and he will sync up with Ron or whoever that pretends to run HR. My worst interview experience so far. This is Samsung? No wonder their phones are going up in flames. So disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers and a target value, find the 2 sum and return the indices. Basic 2-sum problem.
      Given some random string with dup chars, find the longest string with non-repeating characters and return the length.   Answer Question

Interview

1. Technical interview with manager
    2. Technical interview with the team
    3. An interview with the director (non-technical)
    4. Got the job offer
    5. The VISA process
    Other than that the process was pretty straightforward although it did take few months

Interview Questions

• Challenges I faced.
      The technology I'm most interested in   Answer Question

Facilities Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and did phone screening. Basic questions about experience. Was invited for in person interview at Samsung in San Jose, Ca. a week after phone screening. Interviewed by two managers. Questions about experience, teamwork, computer skills.. Etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your organizational/ time management skills...   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor in February 2016.

Interview

One phone screen. It was taken by a inexperienced engineer asking esoteric questions. Questions were based mostly on his knowledge rather than my CV. One of the required skill sets was scala. He was more interested in implementation details of the language. It was more like asking load and store operation for cpu.
    Phone screen was for half an hour.

Interview Questions

• given two futures give a end result adding both of them. Gave a proper answer using future.sequence to combine futures but was not interested.   Answer Question

Staff Software Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview started with Interviewer asking about previous work experience. Some technical question about RF testing and performance testing. Questions about testing methologies and Project management knowledge questions.
    Wireless Communication concepts and RF knowledge specific questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about validation of a new platform.   Answer Question