Samsung Semiconductor Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

2.6

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

GPU Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Horrible!!! Interview was scheduled and the Interviewer had no idea of what questions to be asked. Absoutely no coordination between the Managers and HR. The most unorganized Interview process I have ever experienced. Atleast, treat the candidates with some respect. If you do not want to proceed with a candidate after looking at his/her resume, please do not invite them to have an interview and waste their time.

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very long drawn out process. Worse thing is that they made an offer and discussed details with me for a couple of weeks verbally and then the day it was to be finalized they announced the job description changed and that I no longer fit the description.

The phone screen and in house interview was professionally handled and everyone I met was on top of their game.

Interview Questions

• A mix of behavioral, program management, and technical questions. Everyone on the interview panel was very professional and on top of their game.   Answer Question

Android Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Call from the recruiter which followed by phone screen.
    After the phone screen 4 onsite interviews some were technical and some were more behavioral.
    All interviews were professional and well balanced, no surprises or tricks, mostly wanted to verify my past experience and my android knowledge. over whole a balanced interview.

Interview Questions

• A collection of past experience questions like: describe in detail a project you worked on. Also some coding questions for sorting techniques. final interviews were mostly focused on behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Senior Mobile Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

There was an initial call with the recruiter Ron. He was one of those people who did not even make the effort to call you. YOU had to call him? First negative impression. Second, he connects with the hiring manager who just asks some basic Android questions. It appeared he was just seeing the resume for the first time and just asking random questions somebody searched on Google and gave him. I get invited for an 2-hour onsite with some engineers. Btw, the schedule doesn't even include an interview with the manager. WEIRD! I get there and they make me wait for 15 mins. Then one engineer shows up who is not even interested to interview. He says there has been some change to the schedule and others could not make it as they are stuck with some critical issue. WTH?? I drove 2 hours for this?? Absolutely unprofessional. The guy then not even introduces himself and goes straight to ask 2 coding qns on the whiteboard. I answer them just fine and he says after that this is the only interview and he will sync up with Ron or whoever that pretends to run HR. My worst interview experience so far. This is Samsung? No wonder their phones are going up in flames. So disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers and a target value, find the 2 sum and return the indices. Basic 2-sum problem.
      Given some random string with dup chars, find the longest string with non-repeating characters and return the length.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through company website and university portal. Got a call in a couple of weeks.
    Had a short phone interview discussing my interests and resume. Basic python knowledge(I had very little experience at time of interview.). They don't use Java at Samsung semiconductors.

After phone interview , had an onsite interview after 2 weeks.
    5 hr interview, 6 interviewers -- questions related to resume and programming. I knew java so wrote my programs in that. mostly tested logic and approach. Data structures -- trees related questions. (similar to amazon interview)

Interview Questions

• Questions on python basics, regex, scripting, automation etc.   Answer Question

Facilities Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and did phone screening. Basic questions about experience. Was invited for in person interview at Samsung in San Jose, Ca. a week after phone screening. Interviewed by two managers. Questions about experience, teamwork, computer skills.. Etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your organizational/ time management skills...   Answer Question

Staff Software Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview started with Interviewer asking about previous work experience. Some technical question about RF testing and performance testing. Questions about testing methologies and Project management knowledge questions.
    Wireless Communication concepts and RF knowledge specific questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about validation of a new platform.   Answer Question

Senior Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Initial Phone Screen, after a prelim conversation with the recruiter. They never got back - however per linkedin, the opening had a good 200+ applicants or some such. Many of these job interviews appear to be based on asking a set of questions to many applicants and picking a select few.

Senior Staff Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Interview

Phone call from recruiter. Initial screening by hiring manager which lasted 30 minutes. Face to face interview by 3 team members and hiring manager. It took almost 4 hours of discussion. Final interview with VP on another day. Overall process took 2 weeks. Recruiter did a good job on arranging the time and providing multiple options for date and time.

Interview Questions

• Not so difficult question that I remember.
      There were many technical question regarding static timing analysis - setup and hold, power planning, place and route issues for different tools and technologies.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor (San Jose, CA).

Interview

One interview over the phone - lasted around 45 minutes. Everyone was very friendly and asked intelligent, interesting questions. The interview was not very deep, but quite broad. Nobody ever gave me the sense that they were trying to play rough or scare me or anything. They wanted to know if I would be successful with them and we had a successful group conversation on the subject. It was a solid interview.

Interview Questions

• All questions were basic programming questions about using a debugger, experience with higher level scripting languages, etc.   Answer Question