Samuel Shapiro & Company Import Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Samuel Shapiro & Company

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Import Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samuel Shapiro & Company (Baltimore, MD) in January 2012.

Interview

I got to interview with a very experienced person who is a senior import manager. And also someone who was a logistics manager and seemed to appear young, but who was very energetic and knew the industry. The interview on the phone was very difficult and asked a lot of tough questions.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult customer service experience and how did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

I wanted to work in a bigger company where I would only be asked to do one task. The logistics field requires you to really multi-task, coordinate, work with customers (internal and external) and stay on top of compliance every minute of the day.

Other Interview Reviews for Samuel Shapiro & Company

Import Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samuel Shapiro & Company in April 2009.

Interview

Met with HR, then managers, then entire team.

Basically they just wanted to know about my past experience with imports and where I saw myself in the future within the import industry. Lots of promises about training and career growth, which thus far (1.5 years later) have gone unfulfilled.

Friendly interview, not too much pressure

Interview Questions

• They asked where I saw myself in 5 years with the company   1 Answer
    • They asked me some questions about inland delivery   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were not able to go much above what I was currently making but they did say there would be room for bonuses and raises, which there were, however these were minimal.