Samuels Jewelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Samuels Jewelers

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samuels Jewelers (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

DO NOT WORK HERE, THIS PLACE IS AWFUL!!!

The interview process here was fine. Two phone interviews and an in person interview with the CEO, who spent all of 5 minutes with me. He seemed like an jerk. I received a verbal offer 2 hours after my 3rd interview, which I accepted. Then the company negotiated fees with my recruiter for about a week. I was also asked for more work samples a week after my offer and was then denied the job offer because the CEO didn't sign off on me. Why would you offer someone a job if it wasn't yours to offer??!!

I was planning to move from Seattle to Austin for this job, so them giving me a job to only a week later take it away was a huge blow. I had planned to move there, looked for a house, and started packing.

DO NOT WORK HERE, THIS PLACE IS AWFUL!!!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Samuels Jewelers (Beaumont, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

After initial interview with manager..in which he talked about himself 90% of the time...it too quite a while for all background checks etc to come thru. Manager would text me before hired on which I found very inappropriate

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They left no room to negotiate. .but I negotiated my promotion raise

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samuels Jewelers (High Point, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Got an interview within a week of applying. Had a sit down interview with the store manager. After that I had an interview with the assistant manager. They sat down one on one with me to ask many basic interview questions. It lasted an hour, maybe a little less.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan on staying here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samuels Jewelers (Independence, MO) in February 2012.

Interview

Initially I went into a Samuel's Jewelers near my residence in search of employment to find that there General Manager happened to be in town but i had just missed him. To my luck he would still be in town for 1 more day and I was able to schedule an interview with him for the next day. I picked up an application and went home to fill it out that night so i could have it ready for my interview. I met the General Manager at a location 40 minutes away from my home at a different store location. The manager was a pretty laid back guy who seemed to be very intelligent and friendly. The interview lasted for a good 30-40 minutes with questions that basically evaluated my level of communication, leadership, people skills, and work ethic. When the interview was over my interviewer told me that he would go ahead and have my application processed and that he would call me in 5 or so business days after processing.

Interview Questions

• What is the accomplishment that you feel most satisfied with from your previous work experience?   Answer Question
    • What would be something that you did wrong at your previous work experience that you wished that you could have done better? What would you have done differently looking back on the situation now?   1 Answer