San Antonio Regional Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at San Antonio Regional Hospital

New Grad RN Emergency Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at San Antonio Regional Hospital (Upland, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

After a highly credible staff member at San Antonio Regional Hospital provided me with information about the upcoming New Grad ED RN program, and put me in contact with an ED Manager/Educator, I was scheduled for an interview in December 2016. A panel interview was conducted by three members of ED staff. Comfortable environment but some questions were not geared towards a New Grad RN.

When taking time to answer a difficult question (and not sound stupid), I was told on multiple occasions to "just think of something" and felt rushed. I was also interrupted on quite a few occasions and two of the panel members decided to have a side conversation towards the end of the interview. In addition, after sending all of my documents (resume, cover letter, certs/license, etc.) to a specific ED staff member three or more times, it was obvious that none of the information had been viewed beforehand.

Overall, the entire experience gave the feeling that candidates had already been chosen for the program and that I was most likely interviewed so the hospital could maintain a good relationship with my reference. Even applying for additional New Grad RN/Entry Level positions after this experience, it seems like the hospital tends to hire those New Grad RNs who came through their facility during clinicals or hires those who have a STRONG connection to the hospital (relatives, financial donors, etc.). Best of luck to those applying!

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to become a nurse?   Answer Question
    • What do you love about ED nursing?   Answer Question
    • What qualities, do you think, are needed to be an ED nurse?   Answer Question
    • What role does the ED nurse play? How does the ED nurse affect the inpatient nurse?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself. Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you disagreed with a policy.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when there was miscommunication.   Answer Question
    • Describe the nursing process and how it affects a patient's care.   Answer Question
    • What did you do when you didn't know how to perform a skill?   Answer Question
    • When looking at other candidates, why should we choose you?   Answer Question
    • What shifts are you willing to work? Do you have any planned vacations?   Answer Question
    • Tell us what you know about the hospital.   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at San Antonio Regional Hospital.

Interview

The first interview was with the director of social services which lasted just under 2 hours. Questions varied from prior internships to thesis conducted at prior internships. In between interviews was about a month before the second interview was scheduled. The second round was with social workers whom work with the hospital.

Interview Questions

• What clinical theory do you utilize while working with patients?   Answer Question

Unit Clerk PT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Antonio Regional Hospital in January 2016.

Interview

I felt that the interview went well. Spoke with 2 RNs. Very personable. Honest about what was needed and what the possibilities were. It was explained how busy the position is and how the schedule will vary. Told I would hear something Monday Afternoon and I was contacted 2 hours after the interview to meet with HR

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Antonio Regional Hospital.

Interview

The hospital is under construction so the front entrance is kind of hidden. They have an employee out front directing you where to go. The interview is done by a panel of 3 people. Nice hospital.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   2 Answers

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at San Antonio Regional Hospital in January 2015.

Interview

Took over a month to get an interview but once I got an interview I was called the next day to meet with HR. Met with hr the following week and accepted an offer

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time there was an interdepartmental conflict and how was it resolved.   Answer Question

Cst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at San Antonio Regional Hospital (Fountain Valley, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I Was a Traveler there for 2 months, did a phone interview showed up and started work the next day when traveling it's impossible to have face to face interview with employer they take recruisers word for it

Interview Questions

• How many times in a year did you call in   1 Answer

Negotiation

Got the money and hours I wanted as well as housing